Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2019, 06:53 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Buying a new tiny DP

Yesterday I spent all day washing and waxing my 40ft MH. And I did a terrible job. I finished last night at 10 PM. I'm getting the smallest damned DP available. Is there a 15 footer?
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2019, 07:09 AM   #2

You could look for a old Newaire, it is 30 ft.
Old 04-12-2019, 07:23 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
Yesterday I spent all day washing and waxing my 40ft MH. And I did a terrible job. I finished last night at 10 PM. I'm getting the smallest damned DP available. Is there a 15 footer?
Neal - I Feel you Pain + 3

Now when I do the Coach it Takes a Day just to Wash and Dry it!

A Week to Wax it, and I use Scaffolding to make it easier. .

I remember when Waxing was Fun - Maybe that was just a Dream.

The biggest problem is finding the Perfect Weather to Do the Work - Not Too Hot and Not Too Cold.

My solution is to do it a little at a time , but then by the time I finish it's time to start all over again...

No Solution,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:34 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
The day I turned 70, I said No-Mo. I would pay for all that once or twice a year. No reason getting a heart attack and dying in a pile of suds[emoji23].
Buly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:40 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buly View Post
The day I turned 70, I said No-Mo. I would pay for all that once or twice a year. No reason getting a heart attack and dying in a pile of suds[emoji23].

X2 ... money well spent, in my book.

KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 07:59 AM   #6
SLS

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Neal,
You know I paint corrected and ceramic coated my DSDP.
I bought a BuffPro at the SEMA Show last fall. They have a "All-In-One" paint condition/ wax. The BuffPro uses a drum that is about 10" wide. I used it on my MH, pickup, jeep, etc......it looks big and heavy but you only put pressure on a vertical surface that allows it to do all the work.
You'll need to trust me when I say it is easy to use, and
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
Hi Neal,
I bought a BuffPro at the SEMA Show last fall. They have a "All-In-One" paint condition/ wax. The BuffPro uses a drum that is about 10" wide. I used it on my MH, pickup, jeep, etc......it looks big and heavy but you only put pressure on a vertical surface that allows it to do all the work.
You'll need to trust me when I say it is easy to use and does not leave the rotary swirls.
Are you located on the west coast?

SLS
SLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:01 AM   #7
SLS

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLS View Post
Hi Neal,
You'll need to trust me when I say it is easy to use, and Hi Neal,
You'll need to trust me when I say it is easy to use and does not leave the rotary swirls.
Are you located on the west coast?

SLS
I have no idea why this forum doubles my post(s)......[emoji35]
SLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:38 AM   #8
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
I have a very small washer/dryer/waxer/polisher that gets the job done quickly with very little effort. It is only 2x3 inches in size, and quite thin; made by VISA.

Here's a possibility, Neal, if you don' mind going retro.

https://www.amazon.com/Condor-White-...s%2C219&sr=8-3

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:44 AM   #9

Neal, This stuff really works. I was skeptical at first, but now I actually think the coach stays cleaner after using their product a few times. Takes less than an hour to do the entire coach.
lostinfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 08:49 AM   #10

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinfla View Post
Neal, This stuff really works. I was skeptical at first, but now I actually think the coach stays cleaner after using their product a few times. Takes less than an hour to do the entire coach.
I tried it. It came out so blotchy and streaky that I had to use Dry Wash N Guard to bring the finish back.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 09:07 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
I used a Flex Orbital Polisher with REJEX. First time I've used it, it actually did pretty good. As I don't have Girards I have the top curved areas which needs to be done from the roof or a better ladder, that's for another day. I started with the left aft section and realized it was going to take 2-3 weeks at the rate of apply, wipe off, repeat. So I went into speed polish mode which I think is the right way to do it. I applied the REJEX to the entire side of the coach starting with what I could reach (slides were in by the way) then used the ladder for the above areas. Then I came back with microfiber and started with the areas that had the most dry time, i.e. areas I could reach then ladder areas. As with any wax it took some effort to get off but not too bad. I imagine if I didn't wait a year between waxing AND maintained with wash/wax all it would be easier. Last time this was waxed was a year ago in Naples and Mark Fields did an amazing job, not sure how they did it in a half day or whatever it took. Worth traveling there just to get it done! I may look at NIRVC detailing. Would be nice if Newmar offered a detail service as I'm sure every single one of us that goes to Newmar for a service would love to leave with a new looking coach. I'd schedule service then detailing to follow with every visit and I'd probably go to Newmar annually just for detailing and a few service items I dig up.

I'm still learning the polisher and what pads to use (I used finishing pads, two for the entire coach). I ordered some Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax I want to try next time, maybe Meguiar's to test as well instead of REJEX. We'll see, I bought a gallon of REJEX and also have two bottles, two wax jobs and still on first bottle. A gallon will last forever! :(

I have water spots in various areas from when I didn't use DI rinse, which will never happen again as now I travel with one and a pressure washer. I also get water stains from the gutter drains on the VTDP so I need to find something to handle that. The Meguiars compound did good, I use a deoxidizer on my boat, that may work too.

My Stanley SLP-2020 didn't handle the 50ft length of hose very well so I ordered the AR Blue AR630 pressure washer to take along with me (keep in the toad) and try to do a better job with washing and waxing (wash wax all mainly) throughout the year to hope to ease this pain.

I did use wash/wax all once and it did work great, I just never maintained it. I'm terrible at taking care of things, boat, MH, etc. as I've been diagnosed with untreatable laziness.

I'm sure it was a good workout as the polisher weighed about 250 lbs by the end.

Oh the joys....
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 09:10 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
I tried it. It came out so blotchy and streaky that I had to use Dry Wash N Guard to bring the finish back.
That's strange. It seems to go on and off very easy on my coach. I know if you use too much spray, it will streak. I was warned of this at time of purchase and never had a problem.
lostinfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 10:15 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbonz View Post
You could look for a old Newaire, it is 30 ft.
And cutting it in half...
I feel your pain, I have a 45 but I love it when it's clean!
Dynasty_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 04:18 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
When we travel to Yuma, AZ, several folks will come out to your rig and wash and wax it for 100 bucks. In my opinion it is money well spent. I get Bug-Off and do the front cap every few months if we travel to keep the bugs off. The dealer wants to sell me some stuff at TOP to protect the paint, but reviews on the net are not good. I am going to let them do all the windows and shower with the other stuff. I figure I can do the new one because Yuma is not on the itenary anytime soon. Believe lots of folks will do it in the Southwest, you just have to hunt for a good one, ask your neighbors and they will tell you which ones. You don't want to do it yourself there, as the water will leave spots you will never get off.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buying