Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-08-2017, 03:21 PM   #15

Here's a spreadsheet I've been working on another thread here on the difference between asking and seeking price.

Purchase Prices vs Asking Price

RV spreadsheet of prices (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing)

The link goes to my Google drive. I've shared a spreadsheet that has...

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-08-2017, 03:25 PM   #16

Send a message via AIM to JohnFreyja Send a message via MSN to JohnFreyja
They do make money on financing, play their game and ask if they are able to finance and then when you get their best offer and you like it accept and pay cash.

JohnFreyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 04:01 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghaynes754 View Post
Amount of discount is also dependent on the model of coach. Lower on the low end of the Newmar range and higher on the high end units. Not always the case but true most of the time. As others have suggested send an order sheet (downloadable at Newmar dealer resources and support | Newmar) with your options and let the dealers you select give you prices. This works if you are ordering a build to order coach but should also help you with something on a dealer lot.
We didn't get such a good deal on our first Newmar 2016 Ventana LE, being at 22% off of the MSRP but we had a trade. Recently we found a dealer looking to unload a 2016 Ventana and we got 39% off of sticker price. I expect that as a leftover, and with a birthday on the lot, Newmar must have kicked in some sort of rebates or incentives to the dealer so they can drop the price to move the coach. I also believe that during January - March is a great time to buy because dealers are sitting on leftover 2016s still, 2017 are still prevalent on the lots, and the 2018s are right around the corner. I suspect the dealers are highly motivated to move the 2016s and 2017s to make room for the 2018s. Highly discounted Newmar coaches are out there to be had but I believe it is very coach dependent based on where the dealer is with the coach. I have been online shopping and looking at coaches for 2 years and what I have seen is the best deals are clearly on leftovers around this time of years.
Old 02-08-2017, 04:16 PM   #18

Bill, a few thoughts:
1. My experience coincides with the other 25-27% MSRP discounts.
2. Strongly suggest you contact Tim at Steinbring in Garfield, MN. Excellent feedback and courtesy, and gave me excellent price quotes. Unfortunately some sudden family issues have put me on hold for probably six months, so I will be delayed ordering a coach. Tell Tim that John from Idaho suggested contact with him.
3. I have a friend who was considering both the 4310 and 4326... they went with the 4326 because they gained a lot more storage in the 4326 without the 2nd shower, figuring their kids could use the master shower. Really happy they made that choice, loving the extra wardrobe and linen closet that gets taken away in the 4310 with the 2nd shower.

Good luck with your quest.
Old 02-08-2017, 07:03 PM   #19

Couple things I took away from the Tampa show and a couple other Newmar dealers. Right now the discounts are better on ordered coaches vs inventory. If you order and do the factory pick up you will get a better price.

Brian just ordered and took delivery of a 2017 Dutch Star 4310. I am sure he will be along shortly to answer questions on his coach.
Old 02-08-2017, 07:29 PM   #20

28% off MSRP on a 2017 DSDP 4369 order plus what I considered a decent figure on our trade (turns out used DP's are a reasonably hot commodity right now).
DrPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 07:46 PM   #21

Discounts

Just ordered a 17 Dutch Star - in my experience ordering one with the view of taking immediate delivery eliminates carry and marketing costs, risk and makes it as clean as possible for the dealer. Also relevant is if you order one you don't have to pay for any options you don't really want so the net price is even lower. We got 29% off just the coach we wanted, there could easily be an extra $10-$20K of options you may not want so this is up to another 5% off. Best three dealers on price were Independence, Midway and Steinbring. Good luck.
Old 02-08-2017, 07:51 PM   #22

Winnebago Owners Club
MSRP is a fictitious number assigned by the manufacturer. Any discount will bring you closer to the actual value of the unit. No one except the manufacturer knows what the actual value of the unit should be.

I also understand Newmar does not build any coaches on speculation. Either the dealer orders one on speculation or Newmar builds to the customer specifications. In that case the dealers may have more incentive to move a coach that they have paid for.

Call me cynical but I believe very few dealers will sell a coach for less than they paid for it.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:11 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
As Ryan mentioned a few posts ago, we recently ordered & took delivery of a 17 DS4310 in November. I put out bids to a few dealers & went with Independence. We got right at 29.5% off. I probably could of got 30-31% but I took a hometown discount as Independence is only 15 min from my house and having their highly regarded service was a big factor. As others mentioned some of the top dealers would be:
Independence, Midway, Steinbring, & Tom Lindstrom. If ordering I would think you could get 29-31% depending on how hard you work them.

If you have any questions on the 4310 vs 4326 let me know. We love ours so far & after being at Tampa rally and walking the 4326 we are glad we went with 2nd full bath!
Previous: 2010 Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA
fsudelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 09:29 PM   #24

Excellent info. Thanks! I'm also in the market to buy a Class A Newmar Bay Star.

Ken
Old 02-09-2017, 07:33 AM   #25

NIRVC has some good discounts too. I keep hearing good things about them.

They have 3 locations I believe.
FireEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 07:50 AM   #26

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Call me cynical but I believe very few dealers will sell a coach for less than they paid for it.
Well they won't do it for very long.................unless they make it up on volume
Kiawah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:01 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_T View Post
Thanks so much! This is really helpful. So looks like I can push for 30%. I'll send out to as many dealers as I can. I don't mind flying anywhere to pick up.
Just make sure that when you are negotiating a % off of MSRP, that you are looking at the MANUFACTURER'S MSRP, NOT some sheet the dealership photoshopped up to reflect a higher MSRP! Ask me how I know . . . .

Glad you asked! Dealer advertised about 35% off of "MSRP", but HIS MSRP was inflated about 17% over what the Manufacturer had already provided me for THAT EXACT VIN coach . . . . So the "35%" off MSRP he was offering was in reality only 24%. . . . Oh, and there had been no upgrades or additions made by the dealership to the coach after it left the factory. I checked, thinking that I was missing something . . .
Hit_the_Rhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 09:23 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsudelt View Post
As Ryan mentioned a few posts ago, we recently ordered & took delivery of a 17 DS4310 in November. I put out bids to a few dealers & went with Independence. We got right at 29.5% off. I probably could of got 30-31% but I took a hometown discount as Independence is only 15 min from my house and having their highly regarded service was a big factor. As others mentioned some of the top dealers would be:
Independence, Midway, Steinbring, & Tom Lindstrom. If ordering I would think you could get 29-31% depending on how hard you work them.

If you have any questions on the 4310 vs 4326 let me know. We love ours so far & after being at Tampa rally and walking the 4326 we are glad we went with 2nd full bath!
What are the dealer fees at independence?

Tags
advice