Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-09-2017, 09:15 AM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiawah View Post
Well they won't do it for very long.................unless they make it up on volume
LOL Reminds me of my stockbrokers motto. Buy high - sell low!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-09-2017, 09:25 AM   #30
RV Enthusiast

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hit_the_Rhod View Post
Just make sure that when you are negotiating a % off of MSRP, that you are looking at the MANUFACTURER'S MSRP, NOT some sheet the dealership photoshopped up to reflect a higher MSRP! Ask me how I know . . . .

Glad you asked! Dealer advertised about 35% off of "MSRP", but HIS MSRP was inflated about 17% over what the Manufacturer had already provided me for THAT EXACT VIN coach . . . . So the "35%" off MSRP he was offering was in reality only 24%. . . . Oh, and there had been no upgrades or additions made by the dealership to the coach after it left the factory. I checked, thinking that I was missing something . . .
Wow. I must ask then....did you let the dealer know you knew this? Interesting to hear what their squirming reply to you was.

Old 02-09-2017, 10:54 AM   #31

Felt like I was reading my own post. We are also researching the 4310 and 4326 with the intent to full time and homeschool

We also have a Challenger bunk house that we will be trading. Hope you will keep updating us of your journey.
Old 02-09-2017, 11:08 AM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by irv1997 View Post
Felt like I was reading my own post. We are also researching the 4310 and 4326 with the intent to full time and homeschool

We also have a Challenger bunk house that we will be trading. Hope you will keep updating us of your journey.
I have to second that because we homeschool our two kids as well and are hoping to order a 4310 shortly. At this point I'm not sure if I will be able to travel full-time since my IT business has clients that don't allow remote work, but the ultimate goal is to find a way to allow provide my kids as many travels and experiences as possible ... and in a very comfortable manner

v/r

Bill
Old 02-09-2017, 06:19 PM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaRider View Post
What are the dealer fees at independence?

Dealer fees were $599. Their PDI was excellent & they'll let you stay with hookups for as long as you need to feel comfortable. We had owned a DP before & only live 15 min away so we spent about 6 hrs going over coach before driving home that day.

For others mentioning looking at 4310's, it's been a great coach so far and the quality out of the factory has been amazing!
Previous: 2010 Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA
fsudelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 06:44 PM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
FYI. We were at a Newmar luncheon yesterday attended by a Newmar VP.
I thought it interesting that he was emphatic about the price, including delivery cost, is exactly the same to ALL Newmar dealers. That is the reason several other large national organizations are not Newmar reps because of that Newmar policy. So, shop around. Dealer makes the difference.
P.S. Another interesting comment he made was all dealers are not the same. Some new buyer training is extensive and very detailed. Others is almost non existent. " the guy selling you a $350 K coach, is the same guy selling you a 19K pull trailer.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:47 PM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Spartan Chassis
And they are finding a direct correlation between Warranty events and new user training. The better and more detailed the training, the lower the Warranty events.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:48 AM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGBPokes View Post
P.S. Another interesting comment he made was all dealers are not the same. Some new buyer training is extensive and very detailed. Others is almost non existent. " the guy selling you a $350 K coach, is the same guy selling you a 19K pull trailer.

I definitely agree with this last part. The nice part with Independence is their new inventory is only Newmar so they really know their product. Their delivery guy even owns (demos might be better word, as his family owns the dealership) a MountainAire so he really knows the coaches inside and out. They have a few Thors but I was told they are no longer ordering new ones to sell due to lack of quality they have found.
Previous: 2010 Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA
fsudelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 05:08 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsudelt View Post
I definitely agree with this last part. The nice part with Independence is their new inventory is only Newmar so they really know their product. Their delivery guy even owns (demos might be better word, as his family owns the dealership) a MountainAire so he really knows the coaches inside and out. They have a few Thors but I was told they are no longer ordering new ones to sell due to lack of quality they have found.
Independence is a great dealer! We ordered a 4369 from them and they are nothing short of excellent in all respects - a family owned dealership that puts customer service first! Excellent pricing as well!
Old 02-10-2017, 05:55 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electra 225 View Post
Wow. I must ask then....did you let the dealer know you knew this? Interesting to hear what their squirming reply to you was.
Yeah, I showed the salesman the sheet with the REAL MSRP and asked him to explain the "discrepancy" between the MSRP I obtained from the Manufacturer (the "M" in MSRP) and the DEALERSHIPS "M"SRP or would that be the DSRP?!?. He looked a look at both, left the office with them. The sales manager came in a few minutes later, without the salesman, and said they would sell the coach for X price which was the % negotiated off of THEIR figure. I declined. I didn't get MY MRSP back either. That's okay, it was a COPY!
Old 02-10-2017, 07:11 AM   #39

While price is king so is service. Be sure if you purchase far from your nearest Newmar Dealer that he will service it. A lot of Newmar dealers won't service what
they didn't sell.
Old 02-10-2017, 08:10 AM   #40

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedgar1 View Post
While price is king so is service. Be sure if you purchase far from your nearest Newmar Dealer that he will service it. A lot of Newmar dealers won't service what
they didn't sell.
This is why I questioned the service facilities on another thread. I do not have any dealers close by that I would deal with. I believe NIRVC and Independence have full hookups to stay in while the motorhome is being worked on. Both of these dealers are 400+- from me.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 08:40 AM   #41

Winnebago Owners Club
The issue I have with dealers not wanting to service what was not purchased there is an issue that the manufacturer should be addressing. In my mind it is most important that you can get impartial prompt service where ever you may be. After all you purchase a MH to travel. That means you will probably not be close to home when something goes wrong.

Perhaps if the manufacturer sold each model of motorhome at a fixed price? I recall Saturn had an out the door no negotiating price. Then all dealers would be starting from the same place. Manufacturers have tried to partially level the field by including a standard delivery charge no matter where the coach is bought. However MSRP is such a bogus number that all kinds of manipulations can go on - most of which do not benefit the buyer.

I found differences in excess of 20,000 when looking for coaches. I am suspicious when the coach manufacturer does not post prices on their website. Having all the prices on the website makes it purely a matter of the dealer and the buyer playing the game on a level field.
Old 02-10-2017, 09:18 AM   #42

Independence focuses on Newmar but also sells/stocks the Thor Outlaw. Steinbring focuses on Newmar but also sells/stocks the Roadtrek Class B's. But the premise is good. These two are primarily Newmar 'only' dealers. And they are always in the top 10 of the Newmar service/sales/customer satisfaction awards.

Are there any others that sell only 2 lines?

ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice