Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2016, 07:11 AM   #1

Calling 4369 Owners For Input

My wife and I own a 2016 Ventana LE 4037 and absolutely love the coach and Newmar. We have had a great experience so far with the coach and with Newmar and newmar has worked with us on some issues. We aren't full timers yet and have about 5 years to go.

We picked the 4037 floor plan because it offered 8 seat belts and we can sleep 6 to 8 people for that odd occasion that we have a lot of people with us, typically to go to a concert or show somewhere. We also liked the open floor plan courtesy of the FWS.

Like most coach owners we are always looking at what is next and for us it would be a Dutch Star 4369. We like the opposing couches that are available in the 4369 and the seating, seat belts and sleeping accommodations the opposing couches offer. However, when we go to full timing the two recliners look very attractive.

So here are a few question to 4369 owners:

1. Do you have the opposing couches or two recliners, why did you pick what you have, and what are the advantages and disadvantages of what you have?
2. If you have the two recliners how many seat belts do you have in the coach?
3. If you have the two recliners did you go with the free standing chairs and table or the permanent booth?
4. If you have the permanent booth does it turn into a bed?
5. If you have the Two recliners and the free standing table and chairs how many people are you able to sleep?
6. If you have the free standing table and two recliners are they that unsafe when traveling down the road that you can't use either?

Thank you for all of your input. Safe travels and we are really interested to hear your input. The obvious question is if we are full timing why do we need multiple seating and sleeping configurations? We are thinking friends, kids and grand kids so we like the option to accommodate more than two people.
snowhawk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2016, 07:57 AM   #2

This is such a personal decision, one size does not fit all. For Angel and I, the two recliners were a must. We travel alone and don't have a need to accommodate a large number of overnight guests. We also went with the desk/table combination. The two free standing chairs (and the two under the bed, so far never used) work great for us. We ordered our coach based on our personal needs; you will need to think through how you plan to use the coach, identify your personal needs and order/buy accordingly. For every couch, recliner, table option there are those that love what they chose because it works for them. What works best for you is the way to go. Enjoy the journey.

Allen
wam16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 08:25 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wam16 View Post
This is such a personal decision, one size does not fit all. For Angel and I, the two recliners were a must. We travel alone and don't have a need to accommodate a large number of overnight guests. We also went with the desk/table combination. The two free standing chairs (and the two under the bed, so far never used) work great for us. We ordered our coach based on our personal needs; you will need to think through how you plan to use the coach, identify your personal needs and order/buy accordingly. For every couch, recliner, table option there are those that love what they chose because it works for them. What works best for you is the way to go. Enjoy the journey.

Allen
How comfortable are the recliners and how far out from the wall do they need to be in order to recline them? Thanks!
specmga1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 09:31 AM   #4

Quote:

Allen
Agreed. Whatever configuration we end up with we would like to be able to accommodate sleeping and traveling with 4 people.
snowhawk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 10:27 AM   #5

i bought our 2016 4369 dutchstar with the j sofa sleeper and the jack knife on the passenger seat. found out that they would not open at the same time without overlapping. they replaced the j sofa with a straight 87" queen sleeper sofa. that sofa was not comfortable for me to sit on to watch tv cause of back issues. i removed that sofa and have just put in 2 recliners that match the fake leather on the other seating. the recliners are the same style that they are putting in the 2017s. they are real comfortable, at least for me. i tried the 2016 model recliners and found i like the 17s better.
Old 08-26-2016, 11:03 AM   #6

Nor'easters Club
Our 2015 DS 4369 has the two couches. They do not touch when opened. I really wanted the recliners but upon further consideration went with the couches. I'm 6'7" and the recliners are a tad on the "compact" size for one reason and the other was for sleeping capacity. The roadside couch converts into a very comfortable queen sized air bed, plus the jack knife couch equals 3 guests.

The booth dinette on my particular coach does not convert to a bed.

Don't forget Newmar also offers a bunk model in 43' too. Just saying.
2019 Ford F150 Limited 450hp

RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 02:18 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by specmga1 View Post
How comfortable are the recliners and how far out from the wall do they need to be in order to recline them? Thanks!
I have fallen asleep in them so often I would have to say they are pretty comfortable. If I was forced to rate them I would give them an 8 out of 10. Haven't seen the 2017 recliners so I can provide any input on them. I usually move the recliner in the upright position 4 to 6 inches from the window valances. When fully reclined there is about 3 to 4 inches of space from the back of the chair to the window valance.

Allen
wam16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 02:25 PM   #8

Quote:
I have fallen asleep in them so often I would have to say they are pretty comfortable. If I was forced to rate them I would give them an 8 out of 10. Haven't seen the 2017 recliners so I can provide any input on them. I usually move the recliner in the upright position 4 to 6 inches from the window valances. When fully reclined there is about 3 to 4 inches of space from the back of the chair to the window valance.

Allen

Thanks for your input!
specmga1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 05:43 PM   #9

Our previous coaches had opposing couches. Only used the extra bed one time.
We now have the recliners. The one couch will accommodate 2 people. But we generally don't have guests.
We have the recliners. That was my decision because I like the flexibility. yes I can nap in it.
Neither the recliners or the freestanding table/chairs are designed to sit in while travelling (since they do not have seat belts. Do people do it....I wouldn't be surprised, but not safe.

On comfort of recliners, when we took delivery in April, they were not. The head part was overstuffed and put your head and nect forward too far.
And ....because the chair when extended uses body shift, the position of your head and neck didn't allow enough shift and the chair wanted to retract (couldn't get enough weight shift).
While in Napannee for Warranty, The chair comfort was unacceptable. The solution....we went to Lambright who makes them arranged for Newmar to take the chairs to them (21 miles away) and Lambright was very accommodating to fix the problem. Now we are happy.
My understanding is that this was not a problem with all of these chairs, just a few.
BigDogSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 11:01 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Wam16 X2. We have the 16 DSDP 4312.

Airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 12:22 PM   #11
GKU

As others have said, you have to make the decisions based on your personal needs. The coach before my 4018 had two couches (not very comfortable). Our 4018 has the two recliners they are very comfortable. It is usually just the two of us traveling so everything works.

When we are traveling I move the recliners so they face the front of the coach. This give us more room to walk when all closed up and it also prevent the back of the recliner from rubbing on the window valance.

Whatever fits your travel style is the way you should go...Good Luck!!
GKU is offline   Reply With Quote