Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2019, 09:23 PM   #1
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Cameras dying in our 2018 MADP

Headed for Montana today and soon noticed that the rear, left-turn and right-turn camera images all looked odd. The left and right cameras had a distorted image with what appeared to be a large glare spot covering much of the image. The rear camera image looked OK except for a jagged white line across the bottom.

Not a show stopper since I mainly use the mirrors, but the cameras do provide some backup information. Fortunately, we are headed to Nappanee in early June, so I will add this to the warranty service list.

Anyone else had a similar problem. If so, was it wiring or a failed display unit (my best guess).

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2019, 09:27 PM   #2
ARD

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquil Jim View Post
Headed for Montana today and soon noticed that the rear, left-turn and right-turn camera images all looked odd. The left and right cameras had a distorted image with what appeared to be a large glare spot covering much of the image. The rear camera image looked OK except for a jagged white line across the bottom.

Not a show stopper since I mainly use the mirrors, but the cameras do provide some backup information. Fortunately, we are headed to Nappanee in early June, so I will add this to the warranty service list.

Anyone else had a similar problem. If so, was it wiring or a failed display unit (my best guess).

TJ

Ohhhh no about the cameras, but are you telling me I'm going to miss ya'll in Polson again. LOL. I arrive there June 5th. [emoji12]
ARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 10:23 PM   #3
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARD View Post
Ohhhh no about the cameras, but are you telling me I'm going to miss ya'll in Polson again. LOL. I arrive there June 5th. [emoji12]
Timing is everything, Renee...we will be in Nappanee from June 3 to (at least) June 7. Bummer!!! We'll be back in Polson for September and half of October. The fall there is beautiful. Come on back in the fall and we'll treat you like royalty.

TJ
Old 04-19-2019, 05:12 AM   #4
GKU

When we left the campground in Savannah GA yesterday, our rear camera locked onto the campground and stayed that way.
For the 300 miles home we saw the campground in our rear camera. The 3 other cameras worked OK.
I believe this is a Xite radio problem, as they are connected and we have been having problems with this radio. It has even been replaced, with the same problem.
GKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 07:01 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
It would seem strange that all three cameras malfunction at the exact same time. I suspect it's a problem with your base unit - the processing of the images is messed up?
Carefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 07:32 AM   #6
GKU

Actually the two sides and front camera are working OK, its the rear camera with the problem.
I agree that the problem is with the base unit.
GKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 08:32 AM   #7
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
To be clear, our system is not the Xite 360. It is the standard camera setup on the MADP with side (l & R) and rear cameras only.

TJ
Old 04-19-2019, 11:48 AM   #8
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I would guess it's in the monitor since all three cameras are doing something weird.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 04:19 PM   #9
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
I would guess it's in the monitor since all three cameras are doing something weird.
I think you are correct, Don. Today, the RH camera was back to normal but the LH camera was significantly worse than yesterday. And, while the rear camera still has a clear image, it has a white line cross the lower part.

I'm gonna let Newmar sort it out when we're there in June.

TJ
Old 04-20-2019, 04:39 PM   #10

Im wondering if it's possible that the connections are loose where each camera cable connects to the main unit?
Jtrving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 04:56 PM   #11
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtrving View Post
Im wondering if it's possible that the connections are loose where each camera cable connects to the main unit?
I suppose that's possible, Jeff; I'll see if I can get up under there and check. It isn't an easy place to get to.

TJ
Old 04-20-2019, 08:36 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
In another thread I posted link to YouTube videos about the Xite Radio. There are 9 separate videos on this unit. There is a wealth of info in there. There is a master reset of the radio, it was discussed I think, that might fix issues. Let us know.

Here it is again: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkF...0uCNMkERVmoutg
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 09:37 PM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We’ve had 2 cameras fail on our New Aire. The first one (rear) displayed the last picture taken as GKU described in post#4—that was a bad camera. The second camera (driver’s side upper) failed a couple months later, this one just displays a blue screen all the time. I’m waiting for a new camera in the mail to replace it also.
Aegon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera