Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2016, 10:30 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavingABlast View Post
We got up at 4:30am in order to dress, eat breakfast, and clean up before they arrived. They arrived slightly before 6am some of the days during the week that we were there for CPU. By the end of the week we figured out that it was easier to sleep a little later, get dressed, then turn the coach over at 6am. We then hopped in the car and drove to a nice restaurant just west of the factory. It is called Dutch Kitchen (I think). Not fancy. Just home style cooking.
I'm trying to not draw too many assumptions and don't know anyone, personally, who's had a factory delivery.

Why is a coach turned over at 6am? How many mornings does that happen? Where do owners go till mid-afternoon?

I've not seen a step by step of this process and can't imagine what needs to happen for 5 days.
Leland0311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2016, 12:21 PM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
This is our first time too and I am a little confused as to comments about them "taking" coach at 6 am. I thought they are training us on how to use everything and that we would remain with the coach....I guess we will find out tomorrow at 7:30 am!

Airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 12:40 PM   #31
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airedale View Post
This is our first time too and I am a little confused as to comments about them "taking" coach at 6 am. I thought they are training us on how to use everything and that we would remain with the coach....I guess we will find out tomorrow at 7:30 am!
I think you are confusing those getting factory delivery with those at Newmar for service of their existing coaches.

Newmar techs would be taking the MH at 6AM to do whatever service the customer is at Newmar to have performed on their existing coach.

2015 Newmar Ventana 4037 - All Electric
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon TOAD
newmarpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 01:19 PM   #32

Just did CPU last week. pusher is right, they two are different. People who are there for service get their coaches picked up at 6 because thats when they start work.

If you are doing CPU there is leeway based upon your desire, unless you are having work done. We had a few mornings where we didnt get going until 7:30 or 8, with the exception of two days when they did work or they didnt do anything.

Our pickup when like this:

Monday - arrive at 7:30 and start CPU. This was an all day walk around, paperwork, teach, ask questions, note discrepancies etc. Ends with the tech setting up the coach and us starting to 'move in'.
Tuesday - started at 7:30 again with a test drive, more questions, more walk around, identification of a few small issues. Late morning tech takes coach to fix some things, we went shopping for 'stuff'. Tech returned coach at the end of the day and set it backup. We had dinner out came back went to sleep.
Wednesday - Didn't do anything with tech. We decided to live in it all day Wednesday, catch up on work, excercise all of the systems that had not yet been exercised and note problems. At the end of the day the tech checked in with us to see how things went and what would need to be addressed Thursday. That evening we took the coach out by ourselves for a few hours to do another shakedown, finding a couple of issues.
Thursday - Tech shows up early and takes the coach to address our issues. We hang out in the service center with the other friendly owners while working and doing odds and ends. End of day tech brings coach back with everything fixed.
Friday - we get up at 8AM, pull up camp, finish paperwork and pay bill, then hit the road.

Overall what we found was that at least for a CPU, there was flexibility on start times in the morning. The day where we had the earliest start was Thursday as to give the tech as much time as possible to square a few things away.

NOTE: Newmar is not reserving FHU spaces for CPU of new coaches. Grab one in the morning if there is one available. We didnt due to a serious of miscommunication. To Newmar's credit, however, they were able to work something out for us. That would be my only real comment to them, which is, for a $3K+ charge for CPU, they really should reserve FHU sites so that you can test all of your systems out.

Overall I would say that CPU is by far the best way to take delivery of a coach. Not only was it educational, they are equipped there to fix anything that might be off or need adjustment. We fell in love with our delivery tech and it was apparent that he was more concerned with the level of perfection related to the coach than we were.

John
pilotspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 01:39 PM   #33
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Thanks for the post John.

Three weeks from today we'll be in the middle of our CPU. I asked "Phil" about reserving a site, we'll be arriving the weekend before our delivery, and he told me they couldn't help for the weekend, but would be sure to see that we were taken care of for the week of our delivery.

Our instruction letter tells us to report "anytime after 7:30" the morning of our delivery. Wanna guess what time I'll be at their door?

Can't wait!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New coach.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	125415  
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 02:02 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
Our instruction letter tells us to report "anytime after 7:30" the morning of our delivery. Wanna guess what time I'll be at their door?

Can't wait!
As we were getting ready for bed Sunday night in Goshen my wife asked what time we should get to the service center. I suggested 8. She gave me the look that suggested that we would be there at 7:28. I giggled, I don't know what was cooler, that we were getting a coach, or that my wife was excited about spending so much money
pilotspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 02:22 PM   #35
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotspike View Post
... I don't know what was cooler, that we were getting a coach, or that my wife was excited about spending so much money
Our process started after we looked at a new LA that happened to be at the dealer we'd stopped at for service and the wife said "this is the first one I've seen I like better than ours".
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 02:31 PM   #36
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMonroe View Post
Our process started after we looked at a new LA that happened to be at the dealer we'd stopped at for service and the wife said "this is the first one I've seen I like better than ours".

I like the LA better than ours too! Can your wife speak with mine? LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum

2015 Newmar Ventana 4037 - All Electric
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon TOAD
newmarpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 07:50 AM   #37

Thanks John. Congrats on your coach. Just the info I needed. Safe travels!
Leland0311 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping