RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2019, 05:14 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Question Cargo lights

Well Iím still getting to know our new to us 2010 Dutch Star 4333. My latest challenge is trying to figure out why none of the cargo compartment 12 volt lights will work. Iíve replaced a few bulbs and still no luck. I have a sick feeling that something went wrong with the 12 volt power and somehow these fixtures got torched. The interior 12 volt lights work just fine. Iíve been trying to track down the fuse for these lights and have looked high and low, searched every diagram I could find and have come up up with a zero. Soooooo..... anybody got a 10-20 on the fuse block that powers these valuable little cargo lights?

Kountry 2SUM is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2019, 05:22 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kountry 2SUM View Post
Well Iím still getting to know our new to us 2010 Dutch Star 4333. My latest challenge is trying to figure out why none of the cargo compartment 12 volt lights will work. Iíve replaced a few bulbs and still no luck. I have a sick feeling that something went wrong with the 12 volt power and somehow these fixtures got torched. The interior 12 volt lights work just fine. Iíve been trying to track down the fuse for these lights and have looked high and low, searched every diagram I could find and have come up up with a zero. Soooooo..... anybody got a 10-20 on the fuse block that powers these valuable little cargo lights?

On our Bay Star thereís a switch inside that will power all the cargo lights.

iker211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 08:57 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
Our Dutch Star has a switch inside that has to be turned on so the bay lights will work. It is useful in that it keeps your basement lights from draining your batteries. That's assuming you remember to turn if off when you're done.
Old 08-11-2019, 01:44 AM   #4

On our 2008 Kountry Star diesel pusher, there's a master switch for the cargo lights. On our coach, it's on the passenger side, just to the right of the passenger's seat, at the very front end of the panel that has the visor switch and several light switches.

It's all by itself and I can't remember if it's labeled or not. It's a dark toggle switch. When it's OFF, none of the cargo lights will work. When it's ON -- then each cargo light has its own switch to switch the light on and off. At least that's how it is on our coach. The DS might have automatic switches that come on when you open the cargo door. But again, ONLY if the master switch next to the passenger's chair is ON.

NOTE -- this master switch is NOT on the top of the panel where all the rest of the switches are. It's on the very front. I have to get into the step-well and lean down to see and switch it on.
WoodyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 08:01 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyDi View Post
Our Dutch Star has a switch inside that has to be turned on so the bay lights will work. It is useful in that it keeps your basement lights from draining your batteries. That's assuming you remember to turn if off when you're done.
And there it was staring me right in the face every time I step in the door. Our previous MHís didnít have that thoughtful little switch. I should have known thats what that was. Thanks for the replies. I now see the light...... at least in the cargo bays.
Old 08-11-2019, 08:17 AM   #6

Hi Terry

Red or Green?

Marc
Adjuster505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 08:55 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster505 View Post
Hi Terry

Red or Green?

Marc
Green of course.....unless itís enchiladas!!

Tags
light, lights