RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2013, 08:02 PM   #1

Cash Price on New Ventana

Just got back from looking at new 2012 4333 Ventana at a dealer. MSRP $309,750 CDN. What should I be looking at for discount on Cash - No Trade - No Financing. The coach suites all of our needs.
Jim

DocJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2013, 08:08 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The 2014 models are coming out. I'd go in with 70% of MSRP or maybe a little lower. All they can do is say no. YOu can always come up, but not down anymore.

Ken

Old 09-26-2013, 08:14 PM   #3

How long has that unit been sitting on the lot? We bought a 2012 Ventana LE in Sept 2012 for 64% of the list price. It had been on the dealer lot in NC for 18 months. So I would start with 36% off the list price if its been there for a year or so.
pburke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:11 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
With the 2014s coming out, that coach is 2 years old. I haven't shopped for a new one but I suspect that you can get a 2014 for 20-25% off MSRP so I think anything less than 40% off for a 2012 is too much.

I suspect that if you look around in the US, you'll be able to find a new 2013 for 30-35% off easily so use that to your advantage. Find one, get the lowest OTD price on the 2013 and go back to the dealer with the 2012 and tell him "I can get a new 2013 for $xxx. I'm interested in your 2012 but you have to do better than the 2013 otherwise I'll buy that one.
michelb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:19 AM   #5

I would ask the dealer what his best price is and go from there but as others have said, this coach is almost 2 model years old so that counts for an additional discount.

I would also do an internet search to find similar coaches but options might cause prices to vary somewhat. I have not found that cash makes any difference, albeit I have never bought an RV any other way.

Sometimes a financial institution gives a dealer a finders fee for bringing them customers so financing for some is often a better option. Nonetheless, the dealer gets cash regardless of how you pay for it.

Good luck, please let us know how you made out either way. Feedback always helps.
Libero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 06:50 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Hi DocJim,
A 2 year old coach that has been sitting on a lot (worst possible scenario for a coach). I'd offer them 1/2 MSRP cash to the dealer. How do you get this price? Have the sales person complete a sales contract for the price you will pay. Provide a check for the appropriate earnest money amount. In the contract state the dealer has 24 hours to accept the contract of the deal is void. When cash is on the table with a signed sales contract, one will be amazed at the price one will purchase a coach for. The 24 hours is to give the dealer a chance to get with the manufacturer for additional incentives. Contact the finance companies for incentives. I guarantee they will accept the contract of come back with an offer you never thought you'd get.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:04 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi DocJim,
A 2 year old coach that has been sitting on a lot (worst possible scenario for a coach). I'd offer them 1/2 MSRP cash to the dealer. How do you get this price? Have the sales person complete a sales contract for the price you will pay. Provide a check for the appropriate earnest money amount. In the contract state the dealer has 24 hours to accept the contract of the deal is void. When cash is on the table with a signed sales contract, one will be amazed at the price one will purchase a coach for. The 24 hours is to give the dealer a chance to get with the manufacturer for additional incentives. Contact the finance companies for incentives. I guarantee they will accept the contract of come back with an offer you never thought you'd get.
I did something similar on a used coach a few years ago. Signed offer, very low money and cash payment, and included 20% check with offer. Salesman thought it was a waste of time and was annoyed. Picked up the coach a couple days later for that price.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:13 PM   #8

Having dealt with this same dealer I will say, the "best price" was not the best price in the end! I think it also depends on who you are dealing with. They are a great dealership to work with as far as service work goes which also says a lot. We also bought a brand new "older" model but had a trade in so it's hard to say what percentage really did come off the MSRP. Good luck and let us know how you made out!
mrspeachland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:44 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocJim View Post
What should I be looking at for discount on Cash - No Trade - No Financing.
I don't think having cash is an advantage for a better discount. The dealership is getting all their money anyway, if you finance somewhere else. And if you finance through them, they're getting more money from you in the form of interest. Back in the day, cash use to mean something. Not so much anymore.
Resist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:04 PM   #10

Interesting comment about cash. Many dealers sell coaches for "cash" then the deal falls through because the financing didn't work out.
DocJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:30 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocJim View Post
Many dealers sell coaches for "cash" then the deal falls through because the financing didn't work out.
I guess I was going on the belief that the financing would be approved. But I can see how cash might work out better if the industry is getting a high rate of disapprovals.
Resist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:38 PM   #12

Country Coach Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
We looked VERY closely at a 2012 DSDP 43' unit five months ago. List was some $370,000. They priced it at $244,999. Wife decided WE didn't want it. Now she's sorry we didn't get it.
When we ordered our present 2002 we got it for about 74% of list.

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent