Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2019, 05:06 PM   #1

Ceiling speakers.

I'm new to the RV world, 2005 Newmar Mountain Aire. Do the speakers in the ceiling not work with the dash radio?
Milan15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2019, 06:18 PM   #2

Mine do, but I have a 2004 MADP. The bedroom speakers are operated with a toggle switch. I haven't looked for a switch up front but I suspect there's one.
No need to have the key in the ignition when parked just turn on the radio.
Dizzee2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 06:21 PM   #3

On our 2004 MADP, the front ceiling speakers always work with the dash radio and the bedroom ceiling speakers work if the two wall switches (left and right) in the bedroom are switched on.
Old 03-04-2019, 06:22 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
On our 2002 only the rear bedroom speakers will play the radio. And only when one of the 5 switches on the bedroom wall is turned on.
Old 03-04-2019, 06:26 PM   #5

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
On our '02 DSDP there was a switch on the bottom of the cabinet over the passenger seat labeled "A" and "B". Had to be one way or the other. I don't remember which though.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 06:44 PM   #6

I found the switch in the bedroom for the bedroom speakers and they work just fine. But the speakers in the ling room still don't work. I will keep looking for a switch. Thank you for all the replies.
Old 03-04-2019, 06:55 PM   #7

2001 Mountain Aire

Our 2001 Mountain Aire gas coach has a switch for each speaker in the bedroom. Really?

I am trying to figure out when you would want only one speaker running in the bedroom. The others in the main room and above the dash are straight to the head unit with no switch.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:15 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwhitedg View Post
Our 2001 Mountain Aire gas coach has a switch for each speaker in the bedroom. Really?

I am trying to figure out when you would want only one speaker running in the bedroom. The others in the main room and above the dash are straight to the head unit with no switch.
That's exactly how mine are. Although the ones above the dash work but the ones in the main room don't.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:32 PM   #9
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Does your coach have a Home Theater System. Often those speakers in the main room are part of the home theater system, not the dash radio.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 07:41 PM   #10

It does not. Yea that's probably it. Does anybody have a wiring schematic for the dash radio?
Old 03-04-2019, 08:40 PM   #11

The speakers in the mid coach are for the surround sound. The bedroom speakers should work with the radio and are controlled with two switches, and like a previous poster, why they have two switches is unknown.
CSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 07:35 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Qwert66
Ceiling speakers.

Our 1999 MADP has a cabinet 5.1 stereo and a dash radio/cd/cassette. As stated the dash players rear/fade controls the bedroom speakers when bedroom switches are on. The kitchen speakers are only on if the cabinet stereo’s speaker switch is set for A and B. If set for A only then only the front speakers will work. Now for the dash player’s front speakers.... they are shared with the cabinet stereos front speakers through an ignition switch controlled relay. When key is on relay behind dash connects dash radio to front speakers. With key off relay connects front speakers to cabinet stereo. Because I have whole house inverter and like to run the cabinet stereo while driving I simply pulled the associated 5 amp fuse (ahead of the steering wheel) to that speaker relay and wha la it defaults to the cabinet stereo speaker even with the ignition switch on. The front center speaker only works as the center channel with the cabinet stereo. $25 Blue tooth receiver plugged into the cabinet stereo RCA aux input and I simply use the iPhone to play content and control volume. Dash radio and associated 10 disk CD player is present and works but simply obsolete. PS the big 120vac sub woofer under the dash gets its signals from passing the front speaker wires through it. 4 wires in and 4 wires out. My getto setup for thumping to make the miles pass in style. Your system may have elements of this earlier way Newmar did it. All hardware and wiring is OEM with the exception of the inverter that I plug the 50 amp cord into and the Bluetooth dongle feeding the Sony 5.1 cabinet stereo.
Old 03-05-2019, 08:19 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the forum,Milan 15.
Your radio has a FADE control check to see where its positioned may be all the way for your bedroom spk's.
Spk wiring you will find behind the wood panels in this overhead cabinet.
A important link needed by you and this one for your added seasonal check list.
Enjoy the forum and safe travels.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 09:04 AM   #14

The two bedroom speakers play different (right/left) stereo channels so they each have their own speaker wire. The cheapest/easiest way for Newmar to switch them on/off is with the two speaker wires to each have their own switch.

Tags
ceiling