Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-15-2006, 12:35 PM   #1

We have a 37' gas mountainaire 2000. We purchased a red devil central vac system. Has anyone in the forum installed one or had it installed. Our problem is my first attempt was in the furnace compartment and when I drilled down I hit an air duct. I want to try to go up through the bay under the drawers under the stove top. My main question is does anybody know if there is a double floor in this type motorhome. Any assistance will be appreciated.

Jim (KC2JJQ) & Sally
Jimbo8264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2006, 12:35 PM   #2

We have a 37' gas mountainaire 2000. We purchased a red devil central vac system. Has anyone in the forum installed one or had it installed. Our problem is my first attempt was in the furnace compartment and when I drilled down I hit an air duct. I want to try to go up through the bay under the drawers under the stove top. My main question is does anybody know if there is a double floor in this type motorhome. Any assistance will be appreciated.

Jim (KC2JJQ) & Sally
Old 04-15-2006, 04:35 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
You have a single floor deck with insulation below that thru fabric into compartment below. Its best you go under the draws under stove. There is a duct from furnace that goes to the floor ducts the length of coach. I would glue hole cut out into hole to furnace duct hold it up with duct tape or glue to piece of wood larger than hole. I plan on putting in vac will put in bay under draws there is an outlet there.

How would you like to be a member of Newmar Forum I will leave the plane you won't loose it.
If you go to "FIND" and type in "dirt devil" take off check mark, you will find alot of info to help you. "007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 04:18 AM   #4

007:
Yes you can add me the the Newmar Forum. Thanks

Jim (KC2JJQ) & Sally
Old 04-16-2006, 04:45 AM   #5

Jimbo, not to change your topic, but are the central vac's that newmar install as an option good units?
Old 04-16-2006, 07:23 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Jimbo
I installed the dirt devil CV950 a few weeks ago after the FMCA rally. I located the outlet under the stove drawers ands its like 007 mentioned, its one layer of wood floor then some insulation then a fabric that is the ceiling of the storage compartment. I located the box in the storage compartment directly that has an electrical outlet. I also added an vac outlet right on top of the box so I am able to use vac outside if needed. You must purchase an additional Tee and outlet to be able to do this.
Now my question is...When we purchased the unit, we did not get the turbine power head (TP210). Checking arouund an on the net, it seems like this part is not readily available. An e-mail to customer service replied with a note to call them. Anyone use the turbine power head and know where it can be purchased.
Dave Killey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 07:42 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
You have it Jim have fun and be safe. "007"
Old 04-16-2006, 11:36 AM   #8

I finished the installation today. Under the draws worked great. Everything works as advertised. I never went through the duct, just a small pilot hole, easy to fix.
Now for Lug_nut. I've never seen the Newmar Option unit. Can't say if its good or not, but knowing Newmar it's probably a nice unit (may even be a Dirt Devil.
For Obi-Wan Kenobi. The Power Head was included with the unit I purchased. Try RVupgrades.com thats were we got ours. I think they carry the power head separately.
Thanks to all for the help.

Jim (KC2JJQ) & Sally
Old 04-16-2006, 06:39 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Good job Jim and thanks for posting your results and supporting our sponsor RVupgrades. "007"