Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2016, 05:26 PM   #1

Centramatics Decision Made - YES

Pulled my coach out of its stall for the first time since returning from Colorado nearly a month ago and much to my surprise, I found more than half of the front right tires's weights on the ground beside where it had been parked... Had new wheels installed and balanced in Frederick, Colorado (warranty due to cosmetically defective wheels) about a month ago and watched the private tire shop mount and balance the size 365 tires. They cleaned the wheels thoroughly prior to placing the weights. As others have posted, weights can and do fall off. I will now get the centramatics and "be done with it". Guess I will have to remove all the weights from both front tires.
jd956jd956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2016, 06:15 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Jeff,
I have the Centramatic wheel balancers on my coach and I am very satisfied with the purchase. If possible, I suggest you go to the Centramatics home office in Alvarado, Texas for your install. They will make sure you have the correct balancers for your coach and wheels. Please note that they require that your tires be in good condition and balanced before they will install the balancers. I mention this so that you will not have a wasted trip. Call and talk to Steve in the service department and he will answer any questions you might have. Also, ask him if the FMCA discount is still available. Save some money and they do not charge for the installation.
2BU Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 06:21 PM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Huh

The wheels have to be balanced in order for their balancers to work ?
Old 11-14-2016, 06:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Huh

The wheels have to be balanced in order for their balancers to work ?
I wondered the same thing.

Anyone ever try Dynabeads
Kurtsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 08:36 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I have them on my coach and they are AWESOME! I talked to Centramatic and they told me to leave the weights on. I thought it might be a conflict but they said not to remove the current weights. I bought them because I had a slight vibration at 65mph. Fine at other speeds. I couldn't believe the "feel" after having them installed, felt like I was driving a different vehicle. Good investment!
Old 11-14-2016, 08:41 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I have two I took off our coach when I got the new front tires...
Old 11-14-2016, 08:59 PM   #7
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
You can either balance or not balance your tires according to their site however nothing inside the tires per this message

Quote:
GOOD DAY
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INQUIRY
ANYTHING INSIDE THE TIRE CANNOT BE USED WITH THE BALANCERS.
THEY OPERATE ON TWO DIFFERENT DIAMETERS, THEY WILL FIGHT EACH OTHER

REGARDS,

JERRY ROBERTSON
DIRECTOR OF TECHNICAL SUPPORT
CENTRAMATIC
5345 SOUTH INTERSTATE 35 WEST
ALVARADO TEXAS 76009
800-523-8473
jrobertson@centramatic.com
From: Centramatic Website [mailto:donotreply@centramatic.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2016 8:28 AM
To: >
Subject: Lead from website

Name: John
Email: formulaonetowing@gmail.com

Message: Are balance beads comparable with the Centramatics or should they not be used with them? Thank you in advance for your reply.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 09:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtsara View Post
I wondered the same thing.

Anyone ever try Dynabeads
I installed the beads in the front 305 tires on my 2015 DS because I was getting a slight vibration in the front floor while traveling between 55-65 MPH. I can't tell whether they are helping or not since I still get an intermittant vibration that comes and goes, which I wouldn't expect this if the beads were working like they should. Kind of like the beads can't tell where to be while the tire is rolling down the highway.

On a very smooth stretch of new Interstate the vibration disappears but as soon as any ripple or very small bump of any kind the vibration starts again. Some posters have indicated maybe an out-of-round tire could be causing this.

I was ready to order a set of Centramatics but found out I would have to remove the beads first, but hesitate to do this in case the Centramatics don't help my situation and I'll have them removed.
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 12:48 AM   #9

If you do remove the beads be sure they "wash out" the residue. If not they will mess up the valve cores for many miles to come.
Gary737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 06:34 PM   #10
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Here's where you'll find the best price. https://floridashorestruckcenter.com.../checkout4.php
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote