Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-26-2019, 08:22 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beabop View Post
Since Jan 1, 2018 you have to change billing address for Direct to get your locals and they will charge a moving fee of $199. We went back to Dish, customer service is great and no outsourcing unless they are overwhelmed and just call back later. Also all Direct TV scams stopped.
I changed my service address twice this year and there was no charge. First time was via a chat and took a couple minutes , second time, the chat feature was disabled on their website, so I made a call, that took longer, but wasn't really excessive. I do wish you could do it online.
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2019, 08:45 AM   #100

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beabop View Post
Since Jan 1, 2018 you have to change billing address for Direct to get your locals and they will charge a moving fee of $199. We went back to Dish, customer service is great and no outsourcing unless they are overwhelmed and just call back later. Also all Direct TV scams stopped.
This is just an incorrect statement. THERE IS NO CHARGE TO CHANGE THE SERVICE ADDRESS, NONE, NADA....
Might be a pain waiting on the phone, but I changed 15 - 20 times since Jan 2018 - sometimes takes 5 minutes, sometime 24 hours, but NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, have been billed.

I just tell them I'm a RC Converted account or Snowbird account works also.
Like I said, not always quick, but works for no charge.

As far as dish, dish doesn't have Sunday Ticket.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 08:47 AM   #101

Mastec Tech Lead tech (sub contractor for DTV) just left my house and said there is no fix form the problem. Att does not care. Told me they have lost 300,000 customers. They don't care. He had to go thru all the steps I have to go thru. He was here 3 hours. He got lucky and got a old Direct TV tech on the phone and knew what to do. She went into the old DTV system, changed my zip code and all was fixed within 30 seconds. Tech told me there is no one he can call and that he just got lucky.

He said to open a second account in wife's name and leave one set of equipment up north and one set in FL. Put each one on vacation as needed. He gave me his personal phone number and he would help with adding the 2nd account.

He also said I could go to Dish.
Old 10-26-2019, 08:58 AM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
This is just an incorrect statement. THERE IS NO CHARGE TO CHANGE THE SERVICE ADDRESS, NONE, NADA....
Might be a pain waiting on the phone, but I changed 15 - 20 times since Jan 2018 - sometimes takes 5 minutes, sometime 24 hours, but NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, have been billed.

I just tell them I'm a RC Converted account or Snowbird account works also.
Like I said, not always quick, but works for no charge.

As far as dish, dish doesn't have Sunday Ticket.
I have 1st hand experience with billing charges. I was charged 2 $199.00 installing charges that I not have done at my house. Took 2 weeks and hours to get a credit. Installer never came to my house. I move my on equipment. DTV just plane Sucks and I am moving to Dish. over 15 years with DTV. Tech told me at my house this am that ATT has lost 300,000 customers and they don't care. Today it will be 300,00 and 1
Old 10-26-2019, 05:30 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
I know RVers change their receiving address for satellite as they travel, but I've now been on the phone during the last 5 days for almost 3 hours and still haven't got my summer address changed to my winter address in order to receive local network channels.

Anyone have any good advice, especially since AT&T acquired Directv?
Switch to Dish Network. You will have no problem. I fired DirecTV about 14 years ago over stuff like this.

Rich 2002 Magna
birdhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 05:55 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
...I'd switch to Dish but I read it's possible Directv and Dish may merge with AT&T in control.

Where do I go now?
From what I've heard it's exactly the opposite. ATT is looking to unload DirecTV, with Dish as the prospective buyer.

Ken
lionrampant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 06:23 PM   #105

OMG! If that happens, the Dish will go down the drain, too!
Old 10-26-2019, 07:44 PM   #106
RCC

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I have a DISH account and would like to use this app. Is it the “DISHAnywhere” app, or the “MyDISH” app? Thanks!
RCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 08:18 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionrampant View Post
From what I've heard it's exactly the opposite. ATT is looking to unload DirecTV, with Dish as the prospective buyer.

Ken
DTV is for sale. Dish is NOT buying. Dish was talking. they bare not buying.
Old 10-27-2019, 09:38 AM   #108

A bunch offered here, that I believe only serves to confuse.

As I understood the original post, was simply trying to understand the best way to get service, from different camping spots via DTV. Of course many use/prefer Dish or some sort of internet or old school antenna setup. From years of experience, with DTV my preferred provider for reasons not necessary, hope to clear the moving of DTV, exclusively.

A call to 1-888-DTV-MOVE (1-888-388-6683), requesting a SERVICE address change, will offer you a signal within 5 minutes. Every time! No charge. No restrictions on how often.

This said, if your dish requires a tech to align? No clue what this may involve. My dish sets automatically. Seems fair to me that, if DTV must send a tech, each move, of course they should be paid.

The service address one offers DTV needs only be somewhat near. Currently using a businesses address, about a mile away.

Again, SERVICE address, not BILLING address is what is being changed.

As for your home based channels, I use to fight to keep them & like many posters here, way too hard. So I rely on the local channels offered me by DTV, in the area I’m parked. Means ABC, NBC etc. national /programming/news feeds, can be seen. Of course CNN, Fox & the rest, all remain on their typical channels.

Not that complicated my fellow travelers! Within the confines of moving a DTV dish, from one spot to another. A move that doesn’t require a tech to set the dish each time. A move where you know, no “home” stations available, once out of the home coverage area.

Sure hope this helps!!!
Bosko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 10:01 AM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosko123 View Post

As I understood the original post, was simply trying to understand the best way to get service, from different camping spots via DTV. Of course many use/prefer Dish or some sort of internet or old school antenna setup. From years of experience, with DTV my preferred provider for reasons not necessary, hope to clear the moving of DTV, exclusively.

A call to 1-888-DTV-MOVE (1-888-388-6683), requesting a SERVICE address change, will offer you a signal within 5 minutes. Every time! No charge. No restrictions on how often.

This said, if your dish requires a tech to align? No clue what this may involve. My dish sets automatically. Seems fair to me that, if DTV must send a tech, each move, of course they should be paid.

The service address one offers DTV needs only be somewhat near. Currently using a businesses address, about a mile away.

As for your home based channels, I use to fight to keep them & like many posters here, way too hard. So I rely on the local channels offered me by DTV, in the area I’m parked. Means ABC, NBC etc. national /programming/news feeds, can be seen. Of course CNN, Fox & the rest, all remain on their typical channels.

Not that complicated my fellow travelers! Within the confines of moving a DTV dish, from one spot to another. A move that doesn’t require a tech to set the dish each time. A move where you know, no “home” stations available, once out of the home coverage area.

Sure hope this helps!!!
Just did this in the last 2 weeks it took 3 tech's and 6 days to get it done. How is it you have no problems getting it done??? I move from my FL home to my MA home. I don't move dishes I have on for each location.

1st year before ATT I did it myself on screen. Since ATT it is a PITA. Again what is it you know that DTV and Mastec Techs and DTV call centers, and 300,000 past DTV customers don't know???? Enquiring minds want to know

I will certainly try the number you provided next June when I go back as the number was answered. Just don't know why no ATT employee knows of this # and ATT does not direct customers to this #.
Old 10-27-2019, 04:52 PM   #110

Newmar Owners Club
Smile Dish Network is no fuss, no muss.

We've used Dish for the last 11 years. You can either call the number for chat through the app and change your location with no problem. Usually takes me 5 minutes. We travel a lot and I often change my location daily to get local weather reports and news. Never had a problem
janelewbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 06:50 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Just did this in the last 2 weeks it took 3 tech's and 6 days to get it done. How is it you have no problems getting it done??? I move from my FL home to my MA home. I don't move dishes I have on for each location.

1st year before ATT I did it myself on screen. Since ATT it is a PITA. Again what is it you know that DTV and Mastec Techs and DTV call centers, and 300,000 past DTV customers don't know???? Enquiring minds want to know

I will certainly try the number you provided next June when I go back as the number was answered. Just don't know why no ATT employee knows of this # and ATT does not direct customers to this #.
I guess I'm confused. Are you moving from one "residence" to another "residence" and taking a DirecTV receiver with you, thus trying to change your service address? Or, do you have an RV that you are trying to get DirecTV in? And, did they actually come to your RV when you tried to change a service address and charge you $199? Or was this some type of service call for a residence?
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 06:56 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosko123 View Post

Sure hope this helps!!!
I think you have explained it very well. That is EXACTLY how it used to work for us from about 2012 to 2018 with DirecTV. We would probably change our service address while traveling in our RV at least 3 or 4 times a year.

The problems began when AT&T took over. For whatever reason it sounds like you never experienced any issues the past couple of years changing your service address while moving your RV around the country. I'm guessing you would be in the minority.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite