Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2012, 04:57 PM   #1

Changing the screen door to glass

Don't know if anybody would be interested in this but it's pretty cool. My wife and I spend a lot time at the beach and we got tried of having to open or close both doors to go in and out of the coach. With it being so hot at the beach you can leave the screen door open because your lose all the Ac so I take the door to a glass shop and had them take the screen out and put safe glass in the job they did looked unbelievable. When I was at Newmar the guys there thought it was pretty cool if I can I'll take some pics just don't know if your be able to see it real well.
Beacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2012, 05:00 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacher
Don't know if anybody would be interested in this but it's pretty cool. My wife and I spend a lot time at the beach and we got tried of having to open or close both doors to go in and out of the coach. With it being so hot at the beach you can leave the screen door open because your lose all the Ac so I take the door to a glass shop and had them take the screen out and put safe glass in the job they did looked unbelievable. When I was at Newmar the guys there thought it was pretty cool if I can I'll take some pics just don't know if your be able to see it real well.
I put removable plexiglas panels in my screen door. I've never removed them other than to clean them, but it leaves me the screen door option.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:04 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I went the plexiglass route also and put a cat door in the bottom so Taz can go in and out while we are outside.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:59 PM   #4

My dad did the plexiglas but it turned yellow after awhile. I liked the idea of just having glass.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:16 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Actually we used poly-carb not plexiglass. No yellowing and a lot lighter.
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 04:53 AM   #6
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacher View Post
My dad did the plexiglas but it turned yellow after awhile. I liked the idea of just having glass.
I had done this to my other MH and had no issues like that in 5 years and this MH has them for 3 years with no yellowing. A friend made them for me. Maybe they're not plexi but I sure thought they were.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:14 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
I have poly carb in our 5th wheel door and I can't remember ever taking them out. A mh door is better built and I like the idea of the safety glass.
Another item to add to my list. Thanks.
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 08:01 AM   #8

Yep with have a kid that was my reason for the safety glass