Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2019, 09:11 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
I haven't had to replace any on our new Dutch Star, but I had a lot of luck with Real Wheels when I was looking for lug nut covers for our previous coach, a Monaco Camelot.
Good luck.

https://www.realwheels.com/product/lug-nut-covers/
MikeyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2019, 09:26 AM   #16

After having Centramatics installed a couple of years ago, I had two loose lug nut covers. The tire shop guy told me to just put a little electrical tape, or duct tape on the nuts which will cause the covers to be tight. .......This has worked Since then.
Tizbad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:59 AM   #17

Got a part # 103-2 33mm. They measure 2 1/2” tall but lifetime nut covers lists 2 3/8. I’ll make sure whatever I order has tall washer in info.
Old 11-16-2019, 10:04 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindstone01 View Post
That don't sound like a safe driver to me! The speed limit in a construction zone is the the upper limit, not the min speed. If I see a worker too close to my lane, I will slow way down to even 20 MPH. You are not suppose to hit a construction worker or even come close. As a driver, you are the one responsible to watch out for the worker. If you are hitting a safety cone, even a misplaced one, that is not good, other drivers got around it!

I agree completely. I also slow down far below posted work site speed limit if workers are present. Hitting that one cone was my fault. There were no workers present. I was doing 30 in a 50 zone. I thought I could squeeze by it without hitting the rumble strip.
I was wrong. After that I just rode 2 wheels on the paved curb.
Old 11-16-2019, 11:46 AM   #19
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Just to throw a monkey wrench in, the rear lug nut covers on the duals are longer. It would be nice if they were just a standard size and shape.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 11:47 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Just to throw a monkey wrench in, the rear lug nut covers on the duals are longer. It would be nice if they were just a standard size and shape.

Ok, good to know!
Old 11-16-2019, 06:30 PM   #21

Mine are chrome plastic and truck stop will have it

Zzotte
Old 11-17-2019, 06:52 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
Don't you just love those idiot highway workers who have no idea how much room to give traffic moving by? I hit 2 for the same reason back in early October on I-35 in Kansas. It bounced them over in the work lane, and I forgot to check to see if there was any damage on any of the compartment doors till just now. Thanks for reminding me.
I almost hit a worker on an Oklahoma turnpike last year cause he was standing over the center line in the lane of traffic (work was going on on the fast lane and traffic was moving slow in the outside lane) just leaning on his shovel. No wonder the state has to put up signs "Don't hit our workers".
Unless you were the very first one going through after they placed them, which I doubt, then everyone else, including commercial semi traffic was getting through without banging into them.

If you have ever stood a few feet away from interstate traffic moving past you at 45mph you will come to understand just how dangerous maintenance workers, construction workers, and first responders surroundings really are.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 09:00 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindstone01 View Post
That don't sound like a safe driver to me! The speed limit in a construction zone is the the upper limit, not the min speed. If I see a worker too close to my lane, I will slow way down to even 20 MPH. You are not suppose to hit a construction worker or even come close. As a driver, you are the one responsible to watch out for the worker. If you are hitting a safety cone, even a misplaced one, that is not good, other drivers got around it!
Other drivers weren't driving a 8 1/2 foot rig thru an 8 1/2 ft lane, some of the cones had already been hit and knocked clear across the working lane or knocked over (and as the OP stated some of the cones were several feet inside the traffic lane), and i was driving so slow (usually not more than 20-25 when cones on one side and concrete barriers on the other side) I had traffic backed up several blocks behind me. I am not a fast aggressive driver, coach or toad.
Old 11-18-2019, 06:43 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
Other drivers weren't driving a 8 1/2 foot rig thru an 8 1/2 ft lane, some of the cones had already been hit and knocked clear across the working lane or knocked over (and as the OP stated some of the cones were several feet inside the traffic lane), and i was driving so slow (usually not more than 20-25 when cones on one side and concrete barriers on the other side) I had traffic backed up several blocks behind me. I am not a fast aggressive driver, coach or toad.
Don't want to nitpick here, but if you were on I-35 like your original posting stated, and the errant cones were "a couple feet" inside your lane, then you had more like 10 feet of clear driving space available and not 8 1/2 feet my friend. 95% of all interstate highways have 12 foot lanes, even though to the novice operator of a large coach it may not always feel like it.

It amazes me that in the past couple of weeks there has been postings about coach driver's changing lanes and crashing into other cars, and now going through construction zones and smashing barricades. None of it seems to be caused by driver error but instead some type of perceived lack of proper equipment (extra trick mirrors/cameras) or stupid construction workers.

Driving one of these larger RVs is nothing like taking the Prius out for a spin. If you are having difficulty (smashing cars when changing lanes or whacking construction zone barricades, etc.) please seek out and attend a certified RV driving course.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 11:20 AM   #25

Lug nut covers

The Newmar Parts department has them in stock and will mail them to you (free shipping). Call them or find them online.

https://www.newmarcorp.com/owner-too...s-and-support/

800-731-8300
woodosgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 01:07 PM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlott2k View Post
Anyone know the size of the nut covers? Are they chromed steel?
I lost 2 on the I5 :( . Hit a orange cone near Shasta. Had a string of them down the center line with every 6-7th one an extra foot into my lane.

I just looked at Spartan for mine. They are $2.32/ ea.
Not sure of size
Old 11-18-2019, 01:53 PM   #27

Nut Covers

Bought mine on Amazon for a 2008 Dutch Star should be the same size.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3161.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	237.4 KB
ID:	267295   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3164.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	267296  

Rob Harkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 06:38 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Harkins View Post
Bought mine on Amazon for a 2008 Dutch Star should be the same size.

I’m guessing these one?
https://www.amazon.com/Grand-General...s%2C204&sr=8-5

Tags
cover