Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-15-2019, 07:27 PM   #1

Chrome wheel nut covers

Anyone know the size of the nut covers? Are they chromed steel?
I lost 2 on the I5 :( . Hit a orange cone near Shasta. Had a string of them down the center line with every 6-7th one an extra foot into my lane.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2019, 07:30 PM   #2

Shop at any truck stop, there are many styles to choose from and take one inside with you for comparison.
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 07:32 PM   #3

I want to buy the 2 I need off amazon.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:37 PM   #4

OK, then take one off and measure it. The only way to know for sure it fits YOUR rig is to measure the ones that fit your rig.
bucks2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 08:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucks2 View Post
OK, then take one off and measure it. The only way to know for sure it fits YOUR rig is to measure the ones that fit your rig.

If you don’t know , just say so.
I was asking if anyone does know.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:58 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Wow. Good luck with your search
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 10:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlott2k View Post
I lost 2 on the I5 :( . Hit a orange cone near Shasta. Had a string of them down the center line with every 6-7th one an extra foot into my lane.
Don't you just love those idiot highway workers who have no idea how much room to give traffic moving by? I hit 2 for the same reason back in early October on I-35 in Kansas. It bounced them over in the work lane, and I forgot to check to see if there was any damage on any of the compartment doors till just now. Thanks for reminding me.
I almost hit a worker on an Oklahoma turnpike last year cause he was standing over the center line in the lane of traffic (work was going on on the fast lane and traffic was moving slow in the outside lane) just leaning on his shovel. No wonder the state has to put up signs "Don't hit our workers".
Old 11-15-2019, 11:15 PM   #8
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Over the years, I've found it VERY difficult to match lug nut covers. The older ones were tin and the newer ones are plastic. There are also two brands of wheels using different lug nuts. A Spartan coach may use an Alcoa wheel and a Freghtliner may use an Accuride wheel.

The other issue, there are very subtle differences between lug nut covers. Trying to match one in a photo is tough, like buying on Amazon. It might be easier to find one really close to what you have and then buy 10 of them and change out the covers on the entire wheel and save the others as spares for the other wheels.

You might get lucky if someone actually your year and model coach and has bought one recently.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 04:21 AM   #9

Quote:
Take one off and go to any truck stop. I was in a truck stop several years ago and they had two barrels loaded with them at $ .99 each.
R. D. Vanderslice
2018 New Aire 3341
rdvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 04:31 AM   #10

Many are 33 mm
I always get stainless

NAPA or Amazon
Truck stops
HJLowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 07:54 AM   #11

Thanks for the tips. I should have mentioned mine are Alcoa. I’ll try Loves next time I fuel up. If not I’ll just order a 10 pack off Amazon. It’s amazing how 2 missing caps can make a coach look so trashy.
Old 11-16-2019, 07:57 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
Don't you just love those idiot highway workers who have no idea how much room to give traffic moving by? I hit 2 for the same reason back in early October on I-35 in Kansas. It bounced them over in the work lane, and I forgot to check to see if there was any damage on any of the compartment doors till just now. Thanks for reminding me.
I almost hit a worker on an Oklahoma turnpike last year cause he was standing over the center line in the lane of traffic (work was going on on the fast lane and traffic was moving slow in the outside lane) just leaning on his shovel. No wonder the state has to put up signs "Don't hit our workers".

Yup, it was interesting how the placed them all 1 foot inside my lane , but the odd one 2 feet. I ended up with the curb side past the rumble strip and drivers side near center of the lane.
I hate to do that , there’s usually a lot of debris tossed up, but there was no safer option.
Old 11-16-2019, 08:29 AM   #13

Quote:
Mine are chromed plastic. Big rig service centers usually have barrels full of several sizes and types. Not sure what older coaches would have, sorry.

It does make it challenging when they squeeze a 12 foot lane down to 10 foot by placing cones 2 feet inside your space. I suspect some highway contractors do that to slow traffic. You do realize that you should be able to maneuver your coach down a 10 foot lane I'm guessing.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 08:44 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post

That don't sound like a safe driver to me! The speed limit in a construction zone is the the upper limit, not the min speed. If I see a worker too close to my lane, I will slow way down to even 20 MPH. You are not suppose to hit a construction worker or even come close. As a driver, you are the one responsible to watch out for the worker. If you are hitting a safety cone, even a misplaced one, that is not good, other drivers got around it!
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover