Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-01-2018, 05:12 PM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinergi View Post
Here’s the cutoff for ice (under kitchen sink).

Attachment 187476
Regretfully, I don't have a cut-off for the Refrige. There is one for the dishwasher but that's it.

On your 3343 coach all the appliances and sink are on one side, on mine 3341 they are not, sink one side the frige on another.

I'm really starting to wonder if they ran the line at all, like I said I never could get any ice from the machine. The only place it might be is in the sub-floor, there is no cabinets right or left or on top to access the space behind.

Thanks
Idleup is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2018, 05:18 PM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idleup View Post
Regretfully, I don't have a cut-off for the Refrige. There is one for the dishwasher but that's it.

On your 3343 coach all the appliances and sink are on one side, on mine 3341 they are not, sink one side the frige on another.

I'm really starting to wonder if they ran the line at all, like I said I never could get any ice from the machine. The only place it might be is in the sub-floor, there is no cabinets right or left or on top to access the space behind.

Thanks
i should think there has to be a cut off.....perhaps it is in the basement....would be very surprised if there isn't one, and if there isn't, i would ask to get one installed under warranty...
willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 07:15 PM   #143

Thanks for the reply - if there is not a water line, I would have no problem with it since I have always shut off these devices to make winterizing easier.

Thanks Mike
Old 01-01-2018, 08:51 PM   #144

Quote:
Silverleaf issued an update today to their software which fixes the Oasis living room zone (where the fan stays on all the time no matter what the set temperature is). Might be worth checking that 2018_nadp_oasis_rev2.scp has been applied / used to configure the Oasis when you take delivery. Or set the heat to "secondary only" and turn the heat in the LR to 50 (assuming it's warmer than 50 in the LR) and make sure the fan does NOT turn on.
Finally got around to applying the update myself (since I have the Omniscope hardware that some service centers have):
Old 01-01-2018, 10:26 PM   #145

Quote:
Finally got around to applying the update myself (since I have the Omniscope hardware that some service centers have):
It is incredibly interesting to finally be able to learn something about how the Silverleaf system works. Thank you so much for sharing this.

I know you had to buy the equipment yourself, but how did you figure out how to use it? Was there useful documentation with it or is it as lacking in useful documentation as all the other Silverleaf stuff?

I'd be tempted to buy it myself just to be able to apply updates without going to a dealer, but without some decent instructions, I wouldn't know what to do with it.
Ken Gluckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 10:45 PM   #146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Gluckman View Post
I'd be tempted to buy it myself just to be able to apply updates without going to a dealer, but without some decent instructions, I wouldn't know what to do with it.
It would probably help if you had some experience pushing code. There is a manual that comes with Omniscope and it is a good start for installation and browsing. Here is the RV-C Omniscope Technician Manual v2.3.

The only document I can find so far specific to Newmar implementations of SilverLeaf is the SilverLeaf RV-C Control System Training Manual from 2013. If anyone has more recent Newmar specific SilverLeaf documentation let me know.

Based on these manuals not much has changed since 2013. It would be great if more owners got Omniscope so we could start exchanging information about how to use it. There seems to be a few old computer programers among the Newmar owners so maybe collectively we could support each other as SilverLeaf problems emerge.
turbopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 11:13 PM   #147

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post
It would probably help if you had some experience pushing code.

There seems to be a few old computer programers among the Newmar owners so maybe collectively we could support each other as SilverLeaf problems emerge.
Actually I wrote and sold as shareware one of the first GUI programs for accessing CompuServe and GEnie on the Apple II, so I guess that clearly qualifies me as an “old computer programmer” But I’ve always been an Apple guy so I’d even have to buy a Windows computer to do this. But I will if I can make it all work.

I agree it would be great if we could get a group together to figure out (and maybe improve) Silverleaf.
Old 01-01-2018, 11:20 PM   #148

Quote:
Actually I wrote and sold as shareware one of the first GUI programs for accessing CompuServe and GEnie on the Apple II, so I guess that clearly qualifies me as an “old computer programmer” But I’ve always been an Apple guy so I’d even have to buy a Windows computer to do this. But I will if I can make it all work.

I agree it would be great if we could get a group together to figure out (and maybe improve) Silverleaf.
Interesting. I bought one of the first Apple II's in the late 1970's then hooked it up to a 300 baud modem when they came out and started using The Source and later Compuserve. Used Apple products ever since.

For Omniscope I just bought a cheap HP Windows portable I keep in the coach. $250 on Amazon here. I hate using Windows but it is the only way to run Omniscope.
Old 01-02-2018, 08:40 AM   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post
For Omniscope I just bought a cheap HP Windows portable I keep in the coach. $250 on Amazon here. I hate using Windows but it is the only way to run Omniscope.
You anticipated my next question -- which cheap Windows PC should I buy. I'll order one and then get Omniscope when I get my coach (currently scheduled for pickup April 3). While I have experience with Windows (had to use it at work) I may need your help in getting things going. Thanks!
Old 01-02-2018, 08:54 AM   #150

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I run the VMSpc software from Silverleaf on my Mac using VMWare's Fusion running Windows. Works fine, not sure if the same would hold true for Omniscope but it'd eliminate the need for "another computer" laying around the RV if you have a Mac laptop. Performance isn't really an issue at that level since the hardware of the last 5 years is sufficiently fast enough.
bokobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 09:31 AM   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokobird View Post
I run the VMSpc software from Silverleaf on my Mac using VMWare's Fusion running Windows. Works fine, not sure if the same would hold true for Omniscope but it'd eliminate the need for "another computer" laying around the RV if you have a Mac laptop. Performance isn't really an issue at that level since the hardware of the last 5 years is sufficiently fast enough.
Somewhere I read Ominiscope and Mac Windows simulators had a problem so I never tried it. Also the Xite Rand McNally nav database updates work much better on Windows so I decided to just have a cheap dedicated Windows computer for the coach.
Old 01-02-2018, 03:54 PM   #152

Quote:
It is incredibly interesting to finally be able to learn something about how the Silverleaf system works. Thank you so much for sharing this.

I know you had to buy the equipment yourself, but how did you figure out how to use it? Was there useful documentation with it or is it as lacking in useful documentation as all the other Silverleaf stuff?

A lot of my knowledge of it was picked up via ~2 hours of conversing with some of the folks at Silverleaf. Omniscope is designed for a very advanced user -- especially if you're going to customize any of the programming or hardware. Simple things like updates are pretty easy so for me it's worth it for that and for remote diagnosis with Silverleaf on the line without going to a service center.
Old 01-02-2018, 05:36 PM   #153

The problem with Silverleaf, it more for monitoring, while you can change some settings, it really does not provide commands to control items in the coach like;

Turning on The Inverter, Turning on the Batt Charger, Controlling the charge level
Fire up the Oasis Burner, Start the generator, etc.

By the way, did the update fix the dead (80 degree) sensors for you guys? Also, it appears few if any of the temp sensors are calibrated to read temperature correctly.

Thanks
Old 01-02-2018, 06:07 PM   #154

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idleup View Post
The problem with Silverleaf, it more for monitoring, while you can change some settings, it really does not provide commands to control items in the coach like;

Turning on The Inverter, Turning on the Batt Charger, Controlling the charge level
Fire up the Oasis Burner, Start the generator, etc.

By the way, did the update fix the dead (80 degree) sensors for you guys? Also, it appears few if any of the temp sensors are calibrated to read temperature correctly.

Thanks
It doesn't fix Rozie. And yes the sensors read 5 degrees low (except bathroom). Newmar knows. There's no way to calibrate. :-(

Tags
air