Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2018, 06:20 PM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinergi View Post
It doesn't fix Rozie. And yes the sensors read 5 degrees low (except bathroom). Newmar knows. There's no way to calibrate. :-(
That is not what I see on MyRozie. I have two interior zones and outside temperature which reads correctly (ie same number as seen in the coach). I have two temperatures (Storage Temp and Zone 2 Temp) which always read 80F.
turbopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-02-2018, 06:32 PM   #156

Thanks for the reply - Was it Newmar that told you it was un-fixable or Silverleaf?

Not being able to calibrate the temperature sensors does not make any sense, the programming protocol allows variables to be changed to display any numbers or even characters they wish to display.

Sounds to me like somebody is brain locked and just dosen't know how to fix it Even a $15 remote thermometer can wirelessly transmit correct temperature and Silverleaf Can't?. .

Thanks
Idleup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 06:53 PM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post
That is not what I see on MyRozie. I have two interior zones and outside temperature which reads correctly (ie same number as seen in the coach). I have two temperatures (Storage Temp and Zone 2 Temp) which always read 80F.

Sorry I mean they read low from actual. The temps displayed are the same everywhere but they’re wrong.
Old 01-02-2018, 06:55 PM   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idleup View Post
Thanks for the reply - Was it Newmar that told you it was un-fixable or Silverleaf?

Not being able to calibrate the temperature sensors does not make any sense, the programming protocol allows variables to be changed to display any numbers or even characters they wish to display.

Sounds to me like somebody is brain locked and just dosen't know how to fix it Even a $15 remote thermometer can wirelessly transmit correct temperature and Silverleaf Can't?. .

Thanks

Newmar said it. I believe silverleaf too. The sensors themselves are from the penguin units. The bathroom sensor, while visually identical, is different. And reads correctly.
Old 01-02-2018, 07:03 PM   #159

Quote:
Sorry I mean they read low from actual. The temps displayed are the same everywhere but they’re wrong.
Understand. I will check mine against actual. I have an airplane in the hangar with a very accurate temperature reading on board.
Old 01-02-2018, 07:04 PM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post
Understand. I will check mine against actual. I have an airplane in the hangar with a very accurate temperature reading on board.

If you aren’t actively heating or cooling the NA, the bathroom should read higher than the others.

I used an IR gun on the sensors to verify.
Old 01-02-2018, 07:07 PM   #161

So I took another reading of the fuel while the oasis has been on burner-only mode the last 24 hours (was -2 last night). I had to turn on the ignition (without starting) - accessory mode wasn’t enough - to get the fuel reading in silverleaf to update. It first said 34 and after 10 seconds it settled on 36. Might need a longer stretch for better accuracy but assuming 4% that’s 3 gallons. Just to keep it at 50. Better than AC tho.
Old 01-02-2018, 07:09 PM   #162

Quote:
If you aren’t actively heating or cooling the NA, the bathroom should read higher than the others.

I used an IR gun on the sensors to verify.
Certainly no heating. 81F at the hangar today in Thermal, CA.
Old 01-02-2018, 07:51 PM   #163

Quote:
So I took another reading of the fuel while the oasis has been on burner-only mode the last 24 hours (was -2 last night). I had to turn on the ignition (without starting) - accessory mode wasn’t enough - to get the fuel reading in silverleaf to update. It first said 34 and after 10 seconds it settled on 36. Might need a longer stretch for better accuracy but assuming 4% that’s 3 gallons. Just to keep it at 50. Better than AC tho.
that sounds about right....i was burning 3-4 gallons of fuel a day....
willipaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:39 AM   #164

Cinergi's New Aire

Quote:

I checked my NA temperature readings against other temperature sources know to be correct against actual.

My outdoor, bedroom and living room temperature sensors appear to be with 2F of other sources. Acceptable accuracy.

My bathroom sensor appears to be around +4F high. No heat or cool sources running in the coach. Coach has been sitting an a hangar in the desert. While outside temperatures swings between the 30's to 90's during the last month, interior temperatures of the coach in the hangar stays around 72F. So I have had a good chance to watch steady interior temperature readings around the nominal interior temperature.
Old 01-03-2018, 09:12 AM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by willipaul View Post
that sounds about right....i was burning 3-4 gallons of fuel a day....
Nothing cheap about using the furnace, that comes to around $275 - $325 a month. Ouch!

It really makes no sense not to winterize it and just leave the floor heat on "Store" to provide some residual heat.

Mike
Idleup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:35 PM   #166

Winterized:

If you're super-careful you can get away with 5 gallons (recommend combining all of it into a large bucket first; I constantly ran dry especially for the dishwasher and clothes washer).

I have a checklist that's very specific that I've been developing which I'll post soon.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:39 PM   #167

Two small comments to add in general:

The wet bay convector turned on shortly after I opened the door. The Oasis was off (via Silverleaf - meaning I'd shut the burner and both AC elements off) and the heat was off. And yet the convector still ran (until the coolant cooled off too much). So it seems as long as the winter loop is running (which generally requires turning on the heat), the wet bay has its own temp sensor and does run a convector.

You can lock the dishwasher in place so it doesn't slide out while traveling. This requires a LONG press of the lock button (not a short press which just locks the controls). The uninitiated (e.g. guests) may pull on it and if pulled hard enough, it will open -- which can't be good for it. To lock/unlock, you need AC power (shore or generator).
Old 01-03-2018, 08:44 PM   #168

Oh! And I picked up a new Jeep Wrangler today. Getting closer to being able to take a real trip! Thinking about copying turbopilot's towing setup so I can do it myself. After that, I just need some other odds and ends inside the coach (e.g. plates). Too bad I couldn't get out of here before tomorrow's blizzard :-)

Tags
air