Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-06-2017, 06:03 PM   #1

Thumbs down Clarion nx602

Greetings All, Clarion is giving me the fits to say it nicely. My problem is when using the map its volume is low, I cannot find a way to raise the volume. I`ve looked in manual pg 43,nothing of use is there. My radio volume is ok and adjustable but map/gps volume is too quite. HELP
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2017, 07:24 PM   #2

When you hear the NAV voice come on, Turn the Radio Volume level up. It should be the answer to your problem and increase the voicing volume.
BigDogSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 08:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry bies View Post
Greetings All, Clarion is giving me the fits to say it nicely. My problem is when using the map its volume is low, I cannot find a way to raise the volume. I`ve looked in manual pg 43,nothing of use is there. My radio volume is ok and adjustable but map/gps volume is too quite. HELP
Why bother. This units SUCKS to say it lightly. Tried using it on last trip. DW set it up while traveling to location about 125 miles from my home. Had us 260 miles from destination and increased as we proceeded. On way home same thing. Never could determine where the final destination was. For over $300,000.00 you would think Newmar would have a "state-of-the-art" navigation system. HELP!!!!!!!
Old 03-07-2017, 06:22 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdagro View Post
Why bother. This units SUCKS to say it lightly. Tried using it on last trip. DW set it up while traveling to location about 125 miles from my home. Had us 260 miles from destination and increased as we proceeded. On way home same thing. Never could determine where the final destination was. For over $300,000.00 you would think Newmar would have a "state-of-the-art" navigation system. HELP!!!!!!!
I've had no issues with the 602. It has a lot of features ( once you figure them out) that are not in my other GPS's As far as accuracy, it is as good or better than the other 2 brands I have. Just have to make sure you have the current level of software and maps installed, otherwise, it can be a bit flakey.
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 07:16 AM   #5

There is two volume controls ,one for map/gps and one for radio. I`ve adjusted it once but I have forgotten how to fix it. I`ve not been lucky in the correct way to do it . You can override voices- make map/gps louder than the radio.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:24 AM   #6

To Bigdogsolo,,,does ,what you say, make radio loud also ? How about if you turned radio volume lower,will map/gps remain louder than radio ?
Old 03-07-2017, 08:16 AM   #7

Quote:
To Bigdogsolo,,,does ,what you say, make radio loud also ? How about if you turned radio volume lower,will map/gps remain louder than radio ?
The volumes are independent although controlled by the same switch. When the NAV is talking , turn the volume to your intended level. Regardless of what the music volume is the NAV volume will be at what you set it. So, if you later turn down the radio volume, it does not effect the NAV volume. I was really perplexed the first time out with ours and I went to turn the radio volume down at the same time the NAV system talked... after that, the NAV system was real quiet until I figured it out.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:58 AM   #8

Smile

To Panjh, THANKS, you`re right ...that was how I screwed it up but I didn`t relalize what I had done,,,Thanks again
Old 03-07-2017, 05:45 PM   #9

Quote:
To Panjh, THANKS, you`re right ...that was how I screwed it up but I didn`t relalize what I had done,,,Thanks again
Same with me-- I was frustrated, but some how stumbled on the solution. So many of these "things" are not designed to be intuitive in their operation and the documentation for most everything is poor at best.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:53 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanJH View Post
I've had no issues with the 602. It has a lot of features ( once you figure them out) that are not in my other GPS's As far as accuracy, it is as good or better than the other 2 brands I have. Just have to make sure you have the current level of software and maps installed, otherwise, it can be a bit flakey.
That sounds great. Please advise me how to go about updating the software. Mine has never worked correctly. Always have to rely on my iphone 6 and Google Maps! when I bought the coach new, there was no card in it. I can't remember whether I called my dealer or Newmar and they had the card sent out to me. Not sure if it was the wrong card or an outdated card but hopefully this is my problem. Thanks for the reply.
Old 03-08-2017, 06:06 AM   #11

Quote:
No, Not when you adjust the volume when the NAV voice is going.
BigDogSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 07:06 AM   #12

Quote:
That sounds great. Please advise me how to go about updating the software. Mine has never worked correctly. Always have to rely on my iphone 6 and Google Maps! when I bought the coach new, there was no card in it. I can't remember whether I called my dealer or Newmar and they had the card sent out to me. Not sure if it was the wrong card or an outdated card but hopefully this is my problem. Thanks for the reply.
Updates:
https://www.naviextras.com/shop/portal
RMD3819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 06:14 AM   #13

Quote:
The link in the post above will get you on your way. Note, if there are multiple updates, you will have to apply them 1 at a time. The Naviextras site will load the SW update onto your micro SD card, then you have to install it in the Clarion unit. ... and repeat until all updates have been installed. For me it was a bit of a pain as I had to update the SD card at home, drive to the storage lot, load the update, then back home and repeat 4-5 time.
I'm concerned that your card may not be the right one. They are coded specific to the unit so you can't just take one from another unit and put it in yours... that's what it sounds like the dealer may have done.
Old 03-10-2017, 04:11 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanJH View Post
The link in the post above will get you on your way. Note, if there are multiple updates, you will have to apply them 1 at a time. The Naviextras site will load the SW update onto your micro SD card, then you have to install it in the Clarion unit. ... and repeat until all updates have been installed. For me it was a bit of a pain as I had to update the SD card at home, drive to the storage lot, load the update, then back home and repeat 4-5 time.
I'm concerned that your card may not be the right one. They are coded specific to the unit so you can't just take one from another unit and put it in yours... that's what it sounds like the dealer may have done.
That is my exact concern as well. When I push the larger of the 2cards in to make it pop out, the card has no label or anything on it. The smaller card may be what they sent to me. Been over a yr ago. Can't remember. Does anyone's lard have any label or anything on it?