Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2019, 06:45 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Cold Weather

2014 Ventana LE 3634...does anyone know if this coach has a heat duct to the holding tanks area when the furnace is running? Can't find anything in the documentation; I do know there are no heated tanks, but someone told me that there may be a duct that blows hot air into the area??? Anyone know?
jimfh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2019, 08:11 PM   #2
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
How soon we forget!

We had a 2014 Ventana LE 3436 until last June and I'm trying to remember how the bays were heated. As I recall, there is heat to the storage bays when the furnace runs. That should keep the tanks from freezing.

We didn't use ours in extreme cold weather, but did experience some nights where the temps dropped into the mid-20s without any problems. Wish my memory was better so that I could be more specific.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 08:26 PM   #3

Turn on the furnace and open some hatches. You should be able to feel some heat. My guess is the basement is heated. Most bigger rvs have a duct into the basement area.
Old 05-09-2019, 10:06 PM   #4
JMH

Newmar Owners Club
It’s in your water bay where the hose reel is. Look around the top of the bay.
JMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 04:54 PM   #5

water line broke behind refrigerator

Hi RVer's,
we have a 2000 Newmar Dutch Star diesel pusher. we were driving it up to Clarkston WA in January as part of our move to a new home. We stopped for the night near Boise, ID on the way. It had been a very cold drive from Sacramento CA, through the Sierra Nevada mountains, through Reno and then a hard left at Winnemucca. We had been running with the furnace turned on the entire drive in order to keep us and our puppies warm. It was definitely below freezing the entire way, and that doesn't include the wind chill factor.

The furnace remained on while we were stopped in an RV park attached to shore power. When we went out the next morning to walk the dogs and disconnect the power, one of our family members turned on the water pump to wash up. Water started gushing out of the outside of the coach from the vent for the refrigerator. When we ran inside to turn off the water pump we noticed that a great deal of water had also leaked out from under the front of the fridge. We immediately turned off the pump and the waterfall outside and the leak inside slowly subsided.

we were only using the fresh water in the coach's fresh water tank, we were not connected to city/RV park water.

we went through the winterizing process once we got tot he new house, and the temperature and snow\rain have pretty much prevented us from doing any further investigation into this leak until spring and warmer temperatures. We tested by connecting a hose to the fresh water tank and turning on the water pump. we didn't get the Niagra falls leaking from the outside of the coach this time, but we did get a lot of water leaking out from in front of the refrigerator. we turned off the pump and I pulled the vent cover off below the front of the fridge, but I could not tell where the water was coming from.

Any ideas? I am already afraid that it's the water line to the ice maker behind the fridge. I am looking for how to pull the fridge out but that sucker is in there solid.
nelsenca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 05:06 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
The vent for the rear of your refrigerator has a water line feeding your ice maker that will freeze up in cold weather and needs to be drained before cold weather. Right now I would say the small water line that feeds from your water connection under kitchen sink may have a shut off for that water line that if it was closed you would not have had the flood. The line is ruptured or broken off inlet to ice maker that now needs to be fixed.
This link will have many answers for you including things to be winterized so you can still use coach in winter camping.
With your water line connected you will be pushing water out of that broken line without running the pump.
To make it easier for everyone start a new thread instead of putting your question on someone elses thread, new thread top left of forum.
All the links below in my signature have answers for you also, safe travels.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cold weather