RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-13-2019, 07:27 AM   #1
Member
 
superman11's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 76
Columbus / Cincinnati Area Campgrounds

We will pass through Cincinnati / Columbus in a few weeks + the end of June to/from destinations. Can anyone recommend some campgrounds? We are not finding good overnight spots in our research. Ideally, we would need one closer to each city to/from. Any help would be appreciated!
__________________

__________________
Have a Super Day! https://jeepsandrvs.com
Coach: 2019 Ventana LE 4037 "GiGi - Gypsy Girl"
TOAD: 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU "Rooster"
superman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2019, 07:35 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
PaulTNaples's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Naples, FL
Posts: 160
KOA in Lebanon, OH. Great staff, large pull through sites. Easy on and off the interstate. About 30 minutes north of Cincinnati.
__________________

__________________
Paul & LeAnn Toth
The Doodles Kiki and Baxter
2018 Ventana 4037
PaulTNaples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 08:24 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
edgray's Avatar


 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Madison, MS
Posts: 8,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by superman11 View Post
We will pass through Cincinnati / Columbus in a few weeks + the end of June to/from destinations. Can anyone recommend some campgrounds? We are not finding good overnight spots in our research. Ideally, we would need one closer to each city to/from. Any help would be appreciated!
IF you are a member of FMCA, they have a CG at one of their headquarters sites IN Cinci. I think it is still free for members.
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 12:54 PM   #4
Rd1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 393
columbus area, very limited options. north of columbus, off I70, there is cross creek, very nice place. last time, AT&T coverage was very limited. its about 20-30 min from columbus, depending on where in town you are heading.



Home
Rd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 01:15 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Cincinnati, Oh
Posts: 89
https://www.greatparks.org/parks/win...ods-campground


Winton Woods campground is right off of 275 north of Cincinnati. They have pull through full hookup sites. 30 minutes from Downtown Cincinnati and under 2 hours from Columbus.

If you wanted to be somewhere in the middle of the two cities there are a few in Wilmington near Cowan lake State park.

Beechwood acres is a good spot in between the cities.

Beechwood Acres Camping Resort - Close to Ohio's King's Island and Cowan Lake
__________________
2014 Thor Ace 30.2
Ohiomike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 12:03 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 8
Olive branch campground, between Columbus and Cincinati. Stayed there a few times for 1-2 nights. Easy in and out, nice clean campground. right off of 71

https://www.olivebranchcg.com/
lbnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 12:55 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
JFXG's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Today? Granger, Texas
Posts: 4,065
As Edgray said, FMCA has a nice little facility there in Cincinnatti. Not at the HQ, but their mail facility is on Round Bottom Rd, and they’ve built a very nice setup with 15 FHU sites, fully paved concrete, level, clean. Also 9 more sites that are electric only.
Membership entitles you to two free nights per month. After 2 nights the fee is $10/night, iirc.
We’ve stayed several times passing through.
__________________
John & Diane, Fulltimers. RVM103 NHSO
On the road since June '12 with Lincoln, the guard cat.
2002 Dutch Star 40, Freightliner, Cat 3126, 2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 03:02 AM   #8
Member
 
superman11's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFXG View Post
As Edgray said, FMCA has a nice little facility there in Cincinnatti. Not at the HQ, but their mail facility is on Round Bottom Rd, and they’ve built a very nice setup with 15 FHU sites, fully paved concrete, level, clean. Also 9 more sites that are electric only.
Membership entitles you to two free nights per month. After 2 nights the fee is $10/night, iirc.
We’ve stayed several times passing through.


Excellent - will definitely check on this, thanks!! We are FMCA members.
__________________
Have a Super Day! https://jeepsandrvs.com
Coach: 2019 Ventana LE 4037 "GiGi - Gypsy Girl"
TOAD: 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU "Rooster"
superman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 03:06 AM   #9
Member
 
superman11's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbnaz View Post
Olive branch campground, between Columbus and Cincinati. Stayed there a few times for 1-2 nights. Easy in and out, nice clean campground. right off of 71

https://www.olivebranchcg.com/


This campground was a good option, but some of the comments led me to believe the access road was very tight with overhanging trees. Google maps seemed to confirm those comments.

You had no issue?

This is a good location.

Thanks,
Clark
__________________
Have a Super Day! https://jeepsandrvs.com
Coach: 2019 Ventana LE 4037 "GiGi - Gypsy Girl"
TOAD: 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU "Rooster"
superman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 03:07 AM   #10
Member
 
superman11's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiomike View Post
https://www.greatparks.org/parks/win...ods-campground


Winton Woods campground is right off of 275 north of Cincinnati. They have pull through full hookup sites. 30 minutes from Downtown Cincinnati and under 2 hours from Columbus.

If you wanted to be somewhere in the middle of the two cities there are a few in Wilmington near Cowan lake State park.

Beechwood acres is a good spot in between the cities.

Beechwood Acres Camping Resort - Close to Ohio's King's Island and Cowan Lake


We will check this out!
__________________
Have a Super Day! https://jeepsandrvs.com
Coach: 2019 Ventana LE 4037 "GiGi - Gypsy Girl"
TOAD: 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU "Rooster"
superman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 03:07 AM   #11
Member
 
superman11's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rd1 View Post
columbus area, very limited options. north of columbus, off I70, there is cross creek, very nice place. last time, AT&T coverage was very limited. its about 20-30 min from columbus, depending on where in town you are heading.



Home


Thanks, will research!
__________________
Have a Super Day! https://jeepsandrvs.com
Coach: 2019 Ventana LE 4037 "GiGi - Gypsy Girl"
TOAD: 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU "Rooster"
superman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 03:08 AM   #12
Member
 
superman11's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulTNaples View Post
KOA in Lebanon, OH. Great staff, large pull through sites. Easy on and off the interstate. About 30 minutes north of Cincinnati.


Thanks Paul, will research.
__________________
Have a Super Day! https://jeepsandrvs.com
Coach: 2019 Ventana LE 4037 "GiGi - Gypsy Girl"
TOAD: 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU "Rooster"
superman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 06:57 AM   #13
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 8
Olive branch,

No, No issues I have a Dutchstar 4333 and had no problems. I don't remember any issues, there were several other class A's there as well passing through. This was last summer, I stayed in a Pull through site with my toad attached.
lbnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 06:58 AM   #14
Member
 
superman11's Avatar
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by superman11 View Post
Excellent - will definitely check on this, thanks!! We are FMCA members.
I booked this morning for our way "up". I think I got the last site for that night - electric only. Just fine for an overnight stop. Much better than Walmart, etc. Thanks very much!
__________________

__________________
Have a Super Day! https://jeepsandrvs.com
Coach: 2019 Ventana LE 4037 "GiGi - Gypsy Girl"
TOAD: 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU "Rooster"
superman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
campground



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Campgrounds within 3 hours of Cincinnati wracinti Newmar Owner's Forum 11 05-12-2018 01:24 AM
Cincinnati area attractions ? Superslif Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports 22 07-06-2011 04:10 PM
Columbus Boat & RV Show - Columbus Jan 8-16, 2011 NLOVNIT North Central Region 0 12-26-2010 10:56 PM
I-71 Between Cincinnati and Columbus, OH Oldrtrcr Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports 6 02-13-2010 07:07 PM
Columbus RV Park, Columbus, TX Vegasdan Camping Locations, Plans & Trip Reports 5 12-26-2009 06:52 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.