Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2017, 12:26 PM   #1

Com-net versus Newgle information......

Was wondering exactly what information you can get off of the Newmar Com-Net and Newgle systems for your specific rig and whether in your opinion one system is better than the other and why?

Not being technically being an owner yet, (2018 Bay Star 3401) I was trying to find the plumbing, electrical wiring diagrams like for the location of lights, outlets (where you might add some as a special and how many are already on one circuit), Sat wiring, TV cable, HDMI and coax runs including the OTA and any switch boxes etc. Also was wondering specially where do they run the pre-solar wiring from the roof to the driver's side 4 battery tray located underneath the fws?

Thanks in advance to any input, knowledge and experience.

Daniel
Rvlegaleagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2017, 02:21 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Com-net versus Newgle information......

Newmar does not do a great job providing information of this type to the end user. You can get answers from your dealer or you can contact Newmar directly with specific questions.

When you order your coach, get a copy of the build sheet and engineering drawings for any specials involved. Review them carefully.

Former owner of a Morgan powered Bennington
knightstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:26 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Doesn't look like many are using either system for information or maybe I supply to much info.
Here is a Owners Guide for 2018 BAY STAR it has much info on your slides and electrical info with pictures and more detailed info compared to years ago.
Wiring diagrams may not be necessary because my wiring in coach was labeled as to where a wire came from and where it is going to.
Most of the wiring you could not access anyhow its up in the radius corner wraps of roof and side walls.
Plumbing is all conceled in insulated floor and ceiling of basement compartments what you need to access is in your water bay and under sinks or laundry closet.
I think I gave you this link to follow your TSB's for any changes and recalls.
Your slide thread has some good information and also filled me in on some of the mechanics of the slide system which was the original design of Newmar slide systems back to the 90's.
We had less problems with their designed systems.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:39 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by "007" View Post
Wiring diagrams may not be necessary because my wiring in coach was labeled as to where a wire came from and where it is going to.
Maybe I am not looking in the right place but I have not found any wiring with labels in my NA. Just plain nuts to make a complicated all electric coach without a basic electrical schematic diagram. What are they thinking?

I have found a couple of low voltage wires with masking tape labels and a few labeled with +12V tags.
turbopilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 06:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvlegaleagle View Post
Was wondering exactly what information you can get off of the Newmar Com-Net and Newgle systems for your specific rig and whether in your opinion one system is better than the other and why?
I am new to Newmar so never really worked with Com-Net. Since placing my order for the NA I have watched Newgle get populated with more and more information. New stuff every week. I only see stuff associated with the NA so I can't tell how much is there for other coaches.

I only wish they would open up the Newgle dealer section to owners. I have gotten some copies of the information contained in the Newgle "dealer only" area. Many owners would find this information valuable, particularly those who live a long way from a competent dealer.
Old 11-13-2017, 07:10 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
The wiring is not tagged but has fine print on the wires themselves.

Here is a thread I ran some time back to do with wiring in Newmars.

Here is a thread with instructions on how to use the COM_NET Network.
Old 11-13-2017, 07:29 PM   #7

Quote:
The wiring is not tagged but has fine print on the wires themselves.
I have found wires with fine print but most of it are wire specifications and part numbers. Certainly nothing that is plain english. Typically wire codes tie to a schamatic diagram which of course we don't have. Some wires are wrapped in a Newmar bar coded tag but those tags don't tie to any documentation I can find so far and again no plain English labels.

Old 11-13-2017, 08:23 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
If they are plain then you do not have, another change from my coach probably cost to much, sure made tracing wiring easy.
I explained it in this link.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:49 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
ANy other NEWMAR owners use NEWGLE Service from Newmar for information.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:03 AM   #10

THANKS DOUBLE 00 FOR THE 2018 BAT STAR OWNERS MANUAL Some light reading I see. Not sure what is worse reading some case law or the manual? You know what they say; sometimes too much information is worse then not having enough

Maybe it should be indexed by year instead of model?

Daniel
Rvlegaleagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 05:10 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I have been here a while so not to much reading these days unless a new coach but a lot of stuff will be the same you will find out if you buy any more Newmars, basics stay the same.
Old 12-18-2017, 10:31 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
ANy other NEWMAR owners use NEWGLE Service from Newmar for information.
I "used" it. However, I cannot log in anymore. I have requested a password change several times in the past few months but I never get a link to change it. Also, I have attempted to create a new account using my wife as the registered user to no avail. I'm stumped as to what I should try next.
Charlie and Martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 12:53 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007";3899447]If they are plain then you do not have, another change from my coach probably cost to much, sure made tracing wiring easy.
I explained it in [B][URL="http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/original-part-1-and-2-quick-tips-and-easy-mods-18509.html#post60661
this link[/URL][/B].
I have used a few times; actually used it last week. I have not used Comnet.
Old 05-20-2019, 02:42 PM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Just so you know COM_NET is always working and most of the information I have supplied over the years still comes from COM_NET..
If you still have a problem with NEWGLE, COM_NET is always working for information..
You also have the NEWMAR SEARCH ENGINE and the BING search engine for Newmar information.