RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-26-2019, 09:31 AM   #1
Newmarian

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Cool Compare Newmar to Entegra 2020 Anthem video

I watch NIRVC's videos on YouTube from time to time and just watched Angie's intro to the 2020 Anthem. It's an interesting watch...there are quite a few things to me that are just more appealing in the Entegra. Look at the various basement configs and how clean they are, many things are more modern, ability to add water to your fresh tank without a city water connection, battery cutoffs, vega touch seems more modern, larger frig, better glass dash and cockpit, etc. You know I'm all Newmar but if you watch this it kind of puts Newmar behind the times I hate to say. Just my opinion but share yours after watching what you want in this.

P.S. Not sure why Angie always raves as the Entegra's are the quietest on the road period. Flush slides, etc. I've heard her mention this in the past too. Maybe it's true BUT Newmar has flush slides too.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-26-2019, 10:33 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Hi Neal - There is a lot to like in an Anthem, but then there is a lot to like in a Mountain Aire. It's a matter of taste and desires. For the price the Dutch Star is hard to beat. And the point is???
BTW - Angie says that because it's the logo for Entegra and that's how she earns her living. She says nearly the same when she does a Newmar coach tour.

Tom

Ricci is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 10:40 AM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Wow is all I can say!!
USMC_1345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 10:43 AM   #4
Newmarian

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci View Post
... And the point is???...

Tom
Learn from the competition, keep up with the competition, competition is good and I personally think Entegra has or is surpassing Newmar in many areas as shown in this video. All good IF Newmar steps up their game, our win as we love Newmar as a company. As a product, now I'm concerned. Today, I'm not sure Newmar has kept up and is too slow in their change and innovation. My $.02 only. Repeat: My $.02 only.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:12 AM   #5
1977-2006

Newmar Owners Club
I spent some time this winter checking out Entegras the the Phoenix NIRVC. I'm sticking with Newmar.
Old 04-26-2019, 11:27 AM   #6

Thor is the parent company and that is enough reason for me to not consider them.
John (USAF Retired) & Cheryl (Teacher) Boo (15 year old cat), 3 hooligan 1 year old cats. Future RV ???; Past RVs: '16 Newmar Ventana 3709, '16 Tiffin Allegro 36LA, '14 EverGreen Bayhill 295RL, '12 Voltage V3200, '09 BigHorn 3400, '06 Jayco Octane, '04 Jayco Baja
JCGibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 11:29 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Uhh oohhhhh! Looks like the dark side may have a grip on Neal! I can see the 2027 Ventessex being replaced by the 2027 Ventanthem. Yikes.

OK, back to the real world! We have friends who have an Anthem and it is a nice coach. That said, they were more-than-politely complementary about our Mountain Aire when they saw it!

Then, there's Comfort Drive...nuff said.

TJ
Old 04-26-2019, 12:05 PM   #8

I’ve been watching Entegra ever since I became unhappy with the New Aire. They continue to have a big edge over Newmar in electrical and plumbing design and implementation as well as Vega over silverleaf. I haven’t taken a serious personal look at one yet but it’s pretty clear in the videos that they’re not winging the design and installation and integration as much as newmar is.
Old 04-26-2019, 12:20 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Just watched the video and Entegra has included some nice features in its 2020 Anthem. That said, there are some features in our 2018 Mountain Aire that are not included, or have just been added to the Entegra in 2020.

I would like to see the same walk-through by Angie on the 2020 Mountain Aire.

TJ
Old 04-26-2019, 12:22 PM   #10
Newmarian

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquil Jim View Post

Then, there's Comfort Drive...nuff said.

TJ
I believe CD is no longer exclusive to Newmar and at least the Cornerstone has it now. Maybe others.
Old 04-26-2019, 12:53 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
I believe CD is no longer exclusive to Newmar and at least the Cornerstone has it now. Maybe others.
You may be right, Neal, and that would be a big plus if offered with the Anthem.

Then, there's the underlying Thor ownership...nuff said!

TJ
Old 04-26-2019, 01:50 PM   #12

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquil Jim View Post
You may be right, Neal, and that would be a big plus if offered with the Anthem.

Then, there's the underlying Thor ownership...nuff said!

TJ
The Entegra version of CD is being added to the Cornerstone and the Anthem for 2020.
tqqest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 01:54 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCRET View Post
I spent some time this winter checking out Entegras the the Phoenix NIRVC. I'm sticking with Newmar.
USMCRET,

What is it that you saw when looking at the Entegra line? I own an Allegro Bus but have been thinking about both Newmar and Entegra and am curious. I would like to hear your feedback and opinion.

Tad
tqqest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 02:41 PM   #14

There’s a big Integra Cornerstone in our campground now and though it has a very glitzy paint job the fit and attention to detail of the outside aren’t up to Newmar and Tiffin standards. Trying to look as flashy as a Newell but without the little touches that indicate quality.

The Integra top gassers seem unimpressive compared to Newmar and Tiffin. Over 38 feet long and on the 24,000 pound chassis; not too cool.

JpalmerCass is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anthem, entegra, newmar