Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2011, 10:30 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Unhappy Condensate Leak 07 Mountain Aire

I'm getting a leak inside the coach on the front Duo Therm AC. There's so sort of drain tube in the ceiling. Any idea how you get to the tub??? If I can't get to the tube and get it working I need to figure out how to drain the water onto the roof and let it evaporate or blow off.

Looks like rain water might run into that collector on the roof also.

Thanks, Jim
Jimcounts is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2011, 11:07 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Jim if you download this PDF and look at pictures you will see the drain holes on bottom of your AC.
Some coach's come with drain lines but most are draining on to roof.
Leafs, pine needles gets caught in holes and the AC fan will start to kick water down into your vent system.
You need to remove AC cover and clean the holes.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 06:34 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks 007. The RV has a drain tube that runs to the back. All this is between the roof and ceiling. I seems to only leak if the coach is leaning a little to passenger side there so its probably a leak in the collector.
I tried to pull the A/C up. Took the 4 bolts out from the top. Appears to be some bolts coming up from the bottom.
The mountain aire has those big flying saucer type decorations on the ceiling with an air distributor attached to the bottom of the A/C.
I could just route the water out on the room but want to keep it original if I can but I have to stop that leak.
I was hoping someone had been down this road before and could tell me the short story or how to get to the bottom of the A/C without having to tear unnecessary stuff out.
I looked at what I could see of the collector that is under the A/C and they are open.
Jim
Old 07-05-2011, 07:36 AM   #4

Was there water setting in the bottom? Might want to blow the drain out. The split rubber drain on the back just above the mudflap could be stopped up. You should have one on both sides.
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:56 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks Perry. I had water running out of the driver side drain and had not thought about there being on on the passenger side. Any ideas on how to clean that one out since very little water is coming out of it and the leak is on the passenger side. I'm thinking air hose and gradually increase air pressure till i get up to about 40lbs. Anyone tried this or have another idea.??
Jim
Old 07-06-2011, 07:13 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Update on current attempts

I took the air hose up on the roof and blew out the two condensate receivers under the AC units on the roof. Got some junk but not much. Also blew air up the drain pipe on the back of the RV to no avail.
My next thought is to run a fish line up the hose from the back of the RV and hope it does not get stuck. I bent the end in so there is not hook. Maybe that will work. If you see a Mountain Aire driving down the highway with an blue electrical fish line housing hanging down in the back you will know its me. Honk as you pass.

Tags
leak