Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-02-2014, 04:12 PM   #29

Newmar Owners Club
The ground satellite cabling is a "custom" option for Newmar. When you order it you need to define if you want one or more cables, and for one or two satellite receivers, if it is for DTV SWM or not. One solution will not satisfy everybody.
It is a problem for stock coaches because dealers are typically will not order custom options.

2015 DSDP 4369 with HWH Active Air, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Roadmaster tow bar, SMI AirForce One, Silverleaf VMSPc
andyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2014, 05:36 PM   #30
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh View Post
The ground satellite cabling is a "custom" option for Newmar. When you order it you need to define if you want one or more cables, and for one or two satellite receivers, if it is for DTV SWM or not. One solution will not satisfy everybody.
It is a problem for stock coaches because dealers are typically will not order custom options.

I know what I need/want. Just a single additional RJ6 coax cable run straight from a female jack in the external utility bay to another female jack in the overhead cabinet where the roof satellite jack is located.

An A/B switch would be nice but not required. I can manually move the satellite receiver back and forth between the the roof and external jacks as needed.

Is there a Newmar option # I can quote to my sales person to make this simpler?

Thanks.

2015 Newmar Ventana 4037 - All Electric
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon TOAD
newmarpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 05:44 AM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmarpusher View Post
I know what I need/want. Just a single additional RJ6 coax cable run straight from a female jack in the external utility bay to another female jack in the overhead cabinet where the roof satellite jack is located.

An A/B switch would be nice but not required. I can manually move the satellite receiver back and forth between the the roof and external jacks as needed.

Thanks.
Just tell your salesman or call Newmar and tell them this is what you want. This is what we did when ordering our 2015 Ventana 4037. Never got an option #.
Good Luck
Old 11-03-2014, 07:55 AM   #32

I got these options priced and I am hoping it is done right. How descriptive would I need to be to make sure it done right?
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 08:12 AM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Just tell them where you want the cables to end. I terminated the outside end under the front hood of my Dutch Star, so I don't have to run the cable under the coach if the tripod needs to be on the passenger side

2015 DSDP 4369 with HWH Active Air, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee, Roadmaster tow bar, SMI AirForce One, Silverleaf VMSPc
andyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 02:55 PM   #34
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagonmaster2 View Post
It's amazing how many things are "don't ask don't get". This makes at least 4 items that aren't on the option list but is available if you ask for it. I would never have thought to ask for the satellite hook-up in the utility compartment to be installed at the factory. The salesman said we couldn't get an oven installed in a new DS but when I said that would almost be a deal-breaker he got on the phone to his district rep and discovered we could get one.
It sure pays to ask questions from the experienced RVers.
I would guess Newmar can not add everyone's wish's on their lists because new owners, on coach to be built, may want a different set up than someone else.
You can say make it standard but someone else may not get their wish of their setup.
That's the advantage of getting your coach built and talking to the people at Newmar but you have to ask.
I will be adding this thread to the new thread on AUDIO, HMDI---so keep your thoughts and questions coming on SAT's maybe it will help another new owner.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 03:04 PM   #35

Newmar Owners Club
Connecting SAT Dish to Coach Cable

When we were getting ready to order, I e mailed Newmar with several questions about changes, ex queen bed in our 4037, the exterior satellite connection, They where always quick to reply. I then went to the dealer with these items. We just requested a double sink in the kitchen vs the single that is in the 4037, and they said yes on that also. That made the DW happy. Newmars ability to customize their coaches for to owner requests is one of the biggest reasons we went with Newmar, beside the quality and reputation?
Ken
Old 11-10-2014, 09:40 PM   #36
RV Nut

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Quote:

Thanks.

My sales rep contacted Newmar and this is the reply we got.

"WE CAN ADD A TRI POD ANT. HOOK UP IF YOU WANT. THE RETAIL COST WILL BE $200.00 . LET ME KNOW. THANKS DAVE GARL"

So, thanks to this thread, I've got that added to my 2015 Ventana 4037 order.

2015 Newmar Ventana 4037 - All Electric
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon TOAD
newmarpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 05:19 AM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
My sales rep contacted Newmar and this is the reply we got.

"WE CAN ADD A TRI POD ANT. HOOK UP IF YOU WANT. THE RETAIL COST WILL BE $200.00 . LET ME KNOW. THANKS DAVE GARL"

So, thanks to this thread, I've got that added to my 2015 Ventana 4037 order.
GREAT!!!!! had I known, I would have paid $200 to add when the unit was built!
cc8375 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dish