RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2013, 12:24 PM   #1

Considering new 34' Newmar Ventana

My husband and I recently looked at a 3434 Newmar Ventana. The Ventana was stunning! We had a few questions and checked Newmar's website and the list of dealers and service centers pages were missing. We phoned Newmar directly twice to find Newmar dealers (we are currently on a trip from San Diego to Oregon) and both times were put on forever hold and no one ever picked up. Two days ago we emailed Newmar customer service with no response. We are considering motorhomes by Tiffin and Newmar.

Anyone have experience with this model's full wall slide as it could be a potential problem.

What is the typical Newmar customer service?

wotasik is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wotasik View Post
My husband and I recently looked at a 3434 Newmar Ventana. The Ventana was stunning! We had a few questions and checked Newmar's website and the list of dealers and service centers pages were missing. We phoned Newmar directly twice to find Newmar dealers (we are currently on a trip from San Diego to Oregon) and both times were put on forever hold and no one ever picked up. Two days ago we emailed Newmar customer service with no response. We are considering motorhomes by Tiffin and Newmar.

Anyone have experience with this model's full wall slide as it could be a potential problem.

We bought a new 2013 Newmar Baystar last July and love it. Call Guaranty RV in Junction City, Oregon (Near Eugene, Oregon). Ask for Jack Lewis. Watch the video on the Newmar website and I'm sure you'll choose Newmar.

Old 06-05-2013, 02:10 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Hi wotasik,
Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Newmar has just come out with a new web site. I'm sure it will be good one day but for now, it is a disaster. On top of that, the owners Klub (Newmar Kountry Klub) is having their big rally of the year. It takes a lot of staff to put on the rally. It is attended by hundreds of Newmar coaches. For me that is no excuse, but it is what it is.

All I can suggest is to give them another try. You can also try one of their dealers. North Trail RV is a Newmar Dealer. Ask for Dan Cutting's (Diesel Dan) cell phone number. He is, most likely, at the Newmar NKK rally. North Trail's main number is 888-798-6678.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:52 PM   #4

I just had a look at the new Newmar website. Sure glad we bought our model 3209. We wanted a coach WITHOUT a slide on the passenger side. Our first consideration was Winnebago but all their gas Class A units have slide on the passenger side. Now the 2014 Newmar model without a passenger side slide is the 3309 - a foot longer.

BTW, I've called Newmar customer service and emailed them a number of times with questions about things not found in the manual. I've always found the telephone wait time short, and email response time within 24 hours.
Old 06-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #5
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to irv2.
Every thing Newmar can be found here.

Newmar is in the process of redoing their web site for the 2014 coach line-up.

2014 Ventana Owners Guide---------Ventana Brochure

Look in this link about some happy FWS users.
FWS is not a problem as long as the coach is level by your jack system and insist the dealers level also or are responsible.

If you need any other info please let me know.
Good luck in your quest.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:02 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:

We had a 2011 Newmar Ventana 3433 and were simply wild about it. Great coach from purchase to trade day when we decided to go a bit larger and bought our 2013 Dutch Star 4018 with tag axle.

You would be as pleased as you think with the 3434. It is a great layout, a great coach, a great manufacturer. Absolutely no worry about the full wall slide. It is a super design and gives a ton of room. Very nice feature.

Suggest strongly that if you're interested in this model, you spend some time in our iRV2 Newmar Owners' Forum -- lots of discussion about this and all other Newmar models. Plenty of comments from owners about features, use of the motorhome, customer service at Newmar. Suggest also that you drive to Nappanee, Indiana if you can and take a tour of the factory. In summer, tours are given two times per day during the week and the tours are most informative. You will see what goes into the build of these fine motor homes and why Newmar is so highly thought of in terms of meticulous craftsmanship.

Our dealer on the '11 Ventana was North Trail and I have to admit that I am at odds with other comments about this dealer. We had poor treatment from them and would not purchase there again. They represent themselves as the largest Newmar dealer in the U.S. and while that may be accurate, their customer service left very much to be desired in our case.

When we bought our Dutch Star, we decided to spend the extra money to have the full week at Newmar for factory delivery and it was the best move we could have made. They were so thorough and helpful -- much better and more comprehensive PDI than dealer PDI.

When we moved forward to purchase our new Dutch Star, we prepared a spread sheet with all options we wanted in our new motor home by option code and retail price for each option (Newmar's Order Sheet for each model is readily available from any dealer), we sent the bid out to eight dealers whose reputations we liked and were willing to purchase from, and the best deal we got, hands down, was with Dave Raggette at Sky River RV in Dublin, California (just outside San Francisco). Dave beat the next closest price by a very significant margin. Since we took factory delivery, we were literally free to shop the entire country as the dealer in a factory delivery order is the guy who simply places the order, so it doesn't matter where you buy the coach. Dave was fabulous to deal with -- at each and every step of the way. Extremely knowledgable, patient to beat the band, the best of the best for price, a guy who got done all that we asked. Would not hesitate to recommend him and Sky River.

Best of luck -- if you go this way with Newmar, you will not be disappointed.

Deek
FMCA #363986 / 'Living the Dream' ... What an Incredible Hoot!
2015 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 - All Electric / SMI Air Force One / NHSO
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:46 AM   #7

Quote:

This past December, we took delivery of a 2013 Ventana 3434 and to date, it is every thing that we had hoped for. My wife like's the size, colors, and overall layout, but when all slide are closed, it is really tight by the "L" shaped counter. For us, this is not an issue.

I don't think that you need to worry about the full wall slide. To date, our has been flawless.

Now for you question about Newmar customer service, we had a situation where 4 of the cabinet doors started to seperated at the miter joints and expected Newmar to make good on the flaw, but rather than just "fixing" the glue joints, and without asking, Newmar immediately ordered 37 replacement doors and will be installing them as soon as I make an appointment.

If you are interested in the 3434, my understanding is that the lay out will not be available for the 2014 model and you may need to look at the "LE" version for a 3436 which does change the configuration.

Good luck with your selection.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:54 AM   #8

I am also looking in the next couple of years to buy a Ventana The full wall slide scares me so does the slide with the refrigerator in it I think it is too much weight. I am looking at the 3634 Model and considering the 3845
Rodneykrantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 01:05 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodneykrantz View Post
I am also looking in the next couple of years to buy a Ventana The full wall slide scares me so does the slide with the refrigerator in it I think it is too much weight. I am looking at the 3634 Model and considering the 3845
Personally I don't like a slide with any appliances in it. Working as a service advisor for a major RV dealer and service center a few years ago I saw a number of problems with electrical, gas and plumbing lines in slides

Newmar has been an innovator in slide design though, so I'd feel best about a full wall slide or a slide with appliances from Newmar than any other brand.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:12 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lass View Post

If you are interested in the 3434, my understanding is that the lay out will not be available for the 2014 model and you may need to look at the "LE" version for a 3436 which does change the configuration.

Good luck with your selection.
Las --

Don't you agree that the Comfort Drive feature would loom very large for the OP in her selection?

The Ventana comes with Comfort Drive standard -- at least it did with ours and yours -- but it does not come with the Ventana LE and cannot be ordered with it as I understand the engineering and Newmar specs.

To me, this would be a very significant factor in choosing -- in fact, I have to say that having owned both Comfort Drive (X2) and non-Comfort Drive (X1) coaches, I would never again own a coach without it.

Do you agree?

Deek
FMCA #363986 / 'Living the Dream' ... What an Incredible Hoot!
2015 Newmar Dutch Star 4369 - All Electric / SMI Air Force One / NHSO
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek View Post
Our dealer on the '11 Ventana was North Trail and I have to admit that I am at odds with other comments about this dealer. We had poor treatment from them and would not purchase there again. They represent themselves as the largest Newmar dealer in the U.S. and while that may be accurate, their customer service left very much to be desired in our case.

Best of luck -- if you go this way with Newmar, you will not be disappointed.

Deek
Got to agree with you, Deek. The salesman and the service writer at North Trail were great to work with but the service department failed miserably. Each time we took our coach in for service, we left with something that was damaged during the visit. Their response? "You can't prove it happened here."

As far as the coach and Newmar itself are concerned, we've been very happy with our decision to buy this Ventana.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #12

I think the LE now comes with comfort steering
Old 06-06-2013, 08:51 PM   #13

Comfort Drive | Newmar Corporation
Old 06-06-2013, 09:17 PM   #14

Country Coach Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper Ken View Post
Personally I don't like a slide with any appliances in it. Working as a service advisor for a major RV dealer and service center a few years ago I saw a number of problems with electrical, gas and plumbing lines in slides

Newmar has been an innovator in slide design though, so I'd feel best about a full wall slide or a slide with appliances from Newmar than any other brand.
Having had two Dutch Stars with the kitchen in the slide and NEVER having a problem with them it doesn't make a bit of difference to me.

Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newmar