RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-09-2018, 02:16 PM   #1

Courtesy light fuse

Does anyone know where the fuse for the courtesy lights is located in a 2003 Newmar Kountry Star?

Thanks in advance for your help.

tjplue1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-09-2018, 02:49 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club

When you say 'courtesy lights' are these 12v lights in the stepwell or in the aisle? I'd look in the house fuse panel unless they are switched by the headlight switch, then check the chassis fuses. For only a bulb or two, I doubt if they have their own fuse. Anything else also not powered?

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 04:37 PM   #3

Thank you. Yes, they are the lights in the hallway or aisle.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:18 PM   #4

I have a 2008 KSDP and the coach fuses are in the bathroom, above the toilet in a cabinet. AC breakers are on the right, 12v fuses are on the left.

I haven't checked mine to see if there's a separate fuse for those little lights or not. My guess is NOT for the reason above -- not worth the trouble for two little lights. But you never know until you check. But my guess is that they're shared by some other devices. I assume that if there was some other 12v device that wasn't working you would have mentioned it.

But since I also have another switch for those lights up front on the cab console, I do wonder if they're being fed from the chassis batteries and fuses? If so, they'd be with the rest of the chassis fuses.

My coach has the Spartan Mountain Master GT chassis and the chassis fuses are in the first outside storage compartment on the left side, almost under the driver's seat. There's a whole bunch of them in there -- but Spartan is pretty good about labeling everything, and my coach came with Spartan's electrical schematic that lists each and every wire, color-code, and fuse in my specific coach.

If you absolutely can't figure out which fuse yours are on, I'll check mine -- when it gets out of the shop. It's in for a PDI check.
WoodyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 09:02 PM   #5
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
We need to know what coach you have a gas, Ford or Workhorse or diesel coach, fuses and panels could be different.
You can add this information in the CP location top left of your page your on, in your signature.

I can give you links to help you for other items and maybe a Brochure and Owners Guide if we know year and type coach you have. The owners guide may have your fuse locations another reason we need your coach information.

As a Newmar owner you need this link and this one to help you around irv2.

All the links below in my signature have answers for your Newmar.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 09:45 PM   #6

Itís gas (3651). Workhorse chassis. Thank you for all the information.

Tags
fuse, light