Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-21-2014, 09:15 AM   #1

Cracking showing in the rubber roofing, what to do?

My 1999 DSDP 3858 Freightliner Chassis, 3126 Cat has some cracking showing in the rubber roofing.
Can I treat or seal this with Dicor etc, or what?
If replacing does anyone know where to go to have it done without breaking the bank?
Thanks,
Craig
woodtouch6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-21-2014, 09:25 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Here's some previous threads on this which may assist.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Rubb...earch=irv2.com

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:48 AM   #3

Look at www.rvroof.com
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:47 AM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If the roof is cracking and not just the lap sealant, you could use these guys The Rv Roof Man - Home I never have used them, got the link from a friend. You can also buy the material on ebay rv epdm roof | eBay however it's a big job to replace the roof. I coated the roof on my 5er four years with Liquid Roof, Solution For RV Roof Leaks Repair - EPDM Coatings and it still looks good. It is outside 365 days/yr in Northern AZ near the Grand Canyon, snow, rain, and sun have not effected it yet. I am currently in the process of cleaning the roof of my MH with 50/50 bleach and water, Dicor says it's safe to use. It a slow process, the area's I have finished look and feel like new. Once I finish an area I apply 303 protectant.

Chuck
1999 35 ft. Dolphin 5350, F53, Banks System, 5 Stars Tune, Air Lift Air Bags, Koni Shocks, Blue OX TruCenter, TigerTrak track bars F&R, Roadmaster 1-3/4" rear auxiliary sway bar, 2004 F450 Lariat Pickup 6.0 Diesel Crew Cab DRW, 4X4, GVWR 15,000, Front GAWR 6,000, Rear GAWR 11,000, GCWR 26,000,1994 36ft Avion 5er, GVWR 13,700, 2,740 Pin Weight.
chboone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof