Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-02-2018, 11:10 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightstorm View Post
Try looking on the firewall to the left of the brake pedal.

These photos are from my Bay Star. Ignore my notes on wiring changes. Your coach should have a similar layout with charts.
Yeah, I've checked all the fuses that would seem logical but they could have tapped into any constant 12v power source. Just to clarify, car radios have 12v power and ground and then also have a 12v sensing wire (red) that is connected to a 12v ignition source (accessory) so when you turn the key (to acc or start) the radio comes on. They've wired this red sensing wire into a constant 12v source so you can turn the radio on without having the key in the ignition (if you wanted to listen to the radio while setup at a campsite). Problem is I have no idea what they tapped that wire into and they can't seem to supply a wiring diagram to show it. Currently, I have no power on that wire (with the key either on or off) coming from inside the dash. If I blew a fuse it would be on whatever they tapped into and that could be anything.
mgtibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-02-2018, 11:33 AM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Hi - My previous 4 coaches were with a manufacturer whose main claim to fame was their service and support. So far Newmar is every bit as good and more reliable. Spartan also has been terrific. Nothing but praise at this point and feel I made an excellent decision moving to Newmar.

Tom
Old 02-02-2018, 11:49 AM   #31

Well, after talking to my service rep, it seems Newmar doesn't keep detailed diagrams of the wiring in their coaches. He basically said that the electricians on the line wire things how they seem fit and each coach is different and it isn't kept track of. This is eventually going to come back and bite them in the @ss if there is ever a bunch of fires and they can't provide wiring diagrams to the investigating agencies/lawyers.
mgtibb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 12:19 PM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgtibb View Post
Well, after talking to my service rep, it seems Newmar doesn't keep detailed diagrams of the wiring in their coaches. He basically said that the electricians on the line wire things how they seem fit and each coach is different and it isn't kept track of. This is eventually going to come back and bite them in the @ss if there is ever a bunch of fires and they can't provide wiring diagrams to the investigating agencies/lawyers.

That’s why I told another guy to be careful where he drills in the walls. There are wires everywhere. Ask me how I know [emoji33].
Buly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 05:30 PM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Erica at Newmar and others have been very good with support on my Ventana LE.
blackhawkscp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 05:51 AM   #34

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWCJr View Post
I’m very pleased with response we’ve gotten from our service rep Bruce. Very knowledgeable, answered all my newbie questions, assisted us in arranging an upcoming visit with Newmar Service, and always returns calls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart W View Post
Bruce is great, he helped me a lot on my CS. Wish he could be transferred to DS
Canyon Star Bruce is the best......even after warranty has run out....still there for us!

g
Old 02-03-2018, 06:30 AM   #35

I've called my Ventana factory reps three times. We have ended up talking with Erica and Brandon.

All three issues were dealt with quickly. One minor issue, a defective shower door sweep, they immediately shipped out to me instead of referring me back to my dealer!

My dealer on the other hand is another story.
FLJOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 06:41 AM   #36

I do not have a personal rep, as I bought my DSDP used, but I have called Customer Service twice already with questions. On one, the person answering the phone knew the answer to my electrical question. The other time they had to call me back, which they did within an hour. They had a suggestion for what I might try, plus the number for the vendor and a specific person at the vendors I should talk to. So far I couldn't ask for any more.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:08 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgtibb View Post
Why does Newmar even bother with giving people a "personal customer service rep"? Every time I contact my guy, Steve Moser, he never has any answers and just tries to pass me off. I then just end up contacting the regular customer service number or email. This lastest issue, all I need is a wiring diagram and he gives me the phone number to a vendor. Am I asking too much for him to find out info instead of making me chase it down? Has anyone else had problems with their customer service rep?

Steve Moser has been a great rep for me. Although I have used him only a few times
due to Newmar quality, he has returned my calls and e-mails promptly. Can’t ask for much more. If I need a repair or part under warranty, he got it done.

JH: Baystar 3401 - Carnation, Wa.
STORMY 1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service