Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-16-2017, 08:37 PM   #1

Dash air conditioner

My Ventana LE dash a/c condensation drips continuously on the generator. Any good fix to avoid soaking, and possibly damaging my generator?
dh5185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2017, 05:22 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Open the hood and look for the evaporator box. It will probably be a black box mounted on the firewall. It, I'm giving a description of mine, has two rectangular openings at the front angled at about a 45 degree angle. In the center of the evaporator box on the bottom facing down is a tube. It is about an inch long. I suspect it does not have a hose attached to it. By not having a hose, the evaporating water is dripping on your generator. Get a piece of hose of sufficient length to extend down below the frame work. Secure it with tie wraps. Get the hose from Lowes/ Home Depot or other home improvement store.
Problem solved.
rvbiker45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 06:48 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh5185 View Post
My Ventana LE dash a/c condensation drips continuously on the generator. Any good fix to avoid soaking, and possibly damaging my generator?
I have a similar issue although water comes from the condenser I assume and drips on my feet under the drivers side foot pedals. I believe I have read about this issue before and not sure if it's a NW deal or FL. I'm going for warranty work next month so I guess I'll get some answers.. I'll try looking under the front hood generator issue in the meantime...Furthermore, I also have heard this happens when the front ac is on and it's humid weather..
NEWMARDS3724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 07:52 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWMARDS3724 View Post
I have a similar issue although water comes from the condenser I assume and drips on my feet under the drivers side foot pedals. I believe I have read about this issue before and not sure if it's a NW deal or FL. I'm going for warranty work next month so I guess I'll get some answers.. I'll try looking under the front hood generator issue in the meantime...Furthermore, I also have heard this happens when the front ac is on and it's humid weather..
I am having different A/C issues and have learned almost all of the A/C will be Newmar. I think FL supplies the compressor and anything past that is Newmar. Not 100% sure though.
RMD3819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 07:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMD3819 View Post
I am having different A/C issues and have learned almost all of the A/C will be Newmar. I think FL supplies the compressor and anything past that is Newmar. Not 100% sure though.
Great to know thank you very much...I'll make sure when I go in a month to NW to be sure they don't try something shady and blame FL...although I don't think they would do that CS has been very good to me the past year...
NEWMARDS3724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 06:17 PM   #6

On our Essex i put a truck mud flap on top of gen. set so moisture runs of the ends and not on gen. Used silicone on the bottom to hold in place.
tom chelbana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 05:24 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbiker45 View Post
Open the hood and look for the evaporator box. It will probably be a black box mounted on the firewall. It, I'm giving a description of mine, has two rectangular openings at the front angled at about a 45 degree angle. In the center of the evaporator box on the bottom facing down is a tube. It is about an inch long. I suspect it does not have a hose attached to it. By not having a hose, the evaporating water is dripping on your generator. Get a piece of hose of sufficient length to extend down below the frame work. Secure it with tie wraps. Get the hose from Lowes/ Home Depot or other home improvement store.

Problem solved.

Thank you!
Old 09-18-2017, 05:25 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom chelbana View Post
On our Essex i put a truck mud flap on top of gen. set so moisture runs of the ends and not on gen. Used silicone on the bottom to hold in place.

Great idea. Thanks.
Old 09-18-2017, 05:55 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvbiker45 View Post
Problem solved.
Absolutely spot on! Just went through having the dash A/C system repaired and saw first hand where the dripping water was coming from and how the mechanic redirected it away from the gen set and wire bundles.
tizzyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 12:22 AM   #10

dash air

dash air compressor locked up I have purchased new compressor but can,t find location n of air drier and expansion valve which will also need to be replaced can anyone advise me. for 2000 gulfstream 42ft model 8424 thanks for your help.
fredk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 02:35 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredk2 View Post
dash air compressor locked up I have purchased new compressor but can,t find location n of air drier and expansion valve which will also need to be replaced can anyone advise me. for 2000 gulfstream 42ft model 8424 thanks for your help.
I can't say for sure where your air dryer is located buy you may want to check behind the driver's side rear axle. That's where mine is located.
Old 09-23-2017, 07:25 AM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I just had my A/C compressor freeze up. I need to replace the front dash fan as well. Where is the fan located and how difficult to replace Ventana LE
travelwarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 07:37 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelwarm View Post
I just had my A/C compressor freeze up. I need to replace the front dash fan as well. Where is the fan located and how difficult to replace Ventana LE
Open the access to the generator and look to the drivers side of the gen set down low. That's where the dash A/C fan and coils are located on my KSDP. As I understand it, on some of the newer DP's, they may be in the back in the main engine compartment. Best of luck getting your dash A/C repaired.
Old 09-23-2017, 07:45 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
In QT's # 3 we have these links--- #1---- #2 ----- # 3 ------ and #4 is a problem with the installation of control valve because your AC portion starts blowing warm air.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, air conditioner, dash, dash air