Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2017, 02:43 PM   #15
Rd1

had an HR on a frieghtliner with same problem. for three years kept charging the system, only to lose it the next year. on third year, it got so bad, the Freon was gone before the end of summer. Finally, the local fccc figured the one line was leaking. $1,400 to replace the one line and one year later, the problem came back. now it was the second line leaking, except, this one you could stick your finger thru the line. finally, they figured, the lines were placed on top of the exhaust header and the heat was damaging the lines. ofcourse, freightliner never takes responsibility for their own faults. another $1,400 to replace the second line. at least the tech was good enough to make a heat shield for the lines which resolved the problem and did not have any issues for the next 10 yrs that I had that unit.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-07-2017, 02:32 AM   #16

I've given up on the dash A/C. This past September, spent more money replacing the belt, front fan system, charged the system again, and replace some other parts I can't remember the specific names of. It worked for about 500 miles, just far enough away from the repair shop that I wasn't willing to turn around and drive back to get them to check their work. It's now back to running the gen set and the 2 roof A/C units once the interior temp gets into the low 80's. Got to keep my 2 dogs happy.
tizzyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 06:13 AM   #17

Thanks for the info--- I'll see what happens when they call me to tell me to come and pick it up. To those that mentioned the Evans unit and mixing valve, that is not the issue... it is loss of refrigerant over a period of time. When I get it back, we will be at a campsite for 6 weeks, so I'll spend some time crawling around and see it I can spot any obvious or potential leaking areas.
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:59 AM   #18

Spent thousands on dash air of last coach. Each repair garage replaced some parts and declared victory. Finally someone said hoses leaking in middle of coach. Cost?
Over thousand. I sold it. Bought ds4369. Heaven.......

Tags
air, dash, dash air