Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2017, 06:02 AM   #113

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rd1 View Post
also, the brake lights sometimes stay on after the engine has been shut down! I have to hit the brake pedal once to turn them off.
There is a separate Brake Pedal Spring Recall to resolve brake lights that stay on. You should check with Freightliner to see if your VIN is part of this recall. It is a fairly easy and fast fix.
Norm Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2017, 06:21 PM   #114

Newmar Owners Club
I had the brake lights staying on and it was the wiring harness laying on top of the pedal. Just tightened up the zip ties and good to go.
Suprjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 06:31 PM   #115

My coach is at Freighliner today and they told me that that flickering light is a known issue and there is a new light bar coming out in 4 to 6 weeks. That should fix the problem according to my Freighliner dealer.
snowhawk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 06:41 PM   #116

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Mine goes in Wednesday for the replacement. Part is available.
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 04:55 PM   #117

Newmar Owners Club
It happened

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealC View Post
Mine goes in Wednesday for the replacement. Part is available.
Neal,

I had the dash light flickering problem happen to me. Took it to Frieghtliner for 6000 mile service. They could not replicate therefore no problem. Did they fix yours?
Old 08-10-2017, 08:38 PM   #118

Newmar Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13charlie View Post
Neal,

I had the dash light flickering problem happen to me. Took it to Frieghtliner for 6000 mile service. They could not replicate therefore no problem. Did they fix yours?
Mine only occurred once but they still replaced a part. Here is what they told me when I emailed then of my issue:

Quote:
The dash lights flashing will need a new Lightbar and the part number is: A66-04780-004
NealC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:43 AM   #119

I just called Freightliner (Gaffney) concerning the dash light blinking issue and was advised they now have a fix and the fix is a software update. If anyone is near or will be traveling through Gaffney, the update can be done there but so far the update has not been universally forwarded to their dealer network yet. I was told the software update takes about 5 minutes to complete. Freightliner added my name and VIN number to the list to be notified when the software update is available at the dealers. This doesn't appear to be a recall whereby all owners will be notified, so its important to call Freightliner to have your name/VIN added to the list of owners to be notified via letter......No specifics were provided by Freightliner relative to the timing when dealers will have the update or when the notification letters will be mailed out.

Allen
wam16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 01:56 PM   #120

I had this problem and Gaffney fixed it with the software reflash of the LBCU. It also fixes the "battery low voltage" that shows on the screen at startup.

There are some posts here that indicate if the software update does not work the LBCU must be replaced.
RMD3819 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, light, lights