Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2015, 05:39 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Grand Design Owners Club
Question Dash Message-Service Due

I have an 08 Dutch Star with a readout on the dash under the speedo/tach area that says "service due" when I start up. As far as I am aware, everything is up to date. Is this maybe a user reminder that should have been reset at some point? On the right side of the driver area there is the back-up camera with a unit that lets me set/reset oil change interval reminders and generator service reminders and the such which I can reset. But it doesn't seem to affect the readout that is saying 'service due " under the tach area. Any information is appreciated-thanks
MCJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2015, 08:20 AM   #2

If this has the Spartan display, the service due is programable to the #miles (several choices up to 10k if memory serves) or to say something about not having service reminders. The instruction booklet gives you the sequence of the two arrow buttons to get there.
Beyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 12:22 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Grand Design Owners Club
Thanks for the info. I bought this used almost 2 years ago and I haven't located the info that goes with that display. It is on a Spartan chassis. I'm not going to worry too much about it but next time out I'll fiddle with the arrows to see if I can find a situation that will cancel that message. Thanks again, mark
MCJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 10:46 PM   #4

Mark,
If you can pm me an email, I'll send you the instruction book. Or do a search for the Spartan Light Bar Message Center System, User Guide.

dj
Beyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:17 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond View Post
Mark,
If you can pm me an email, I'll send you the instruction book. Or do a search for the Spartan Light Bar Message Center System, User Guide.

dj

Thanks Mark, had been looking for that.

Steph and Eden

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum

Tags
dash, service