Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2015, 12:34 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switt View Post
The Clairon n602 navi is about a$1000 option and not worth it. Clarion quit makings it a long time ago. The street I live on is ten years old and not in navi system tried to update wanted $65.00. Newmar must have a lot of them in stock. Probably got them at discount since they were discontinued. Brought a Garmin RV 760 with free updates and love it. Better option than n602 and cheaper even if you add radio.
Have to agree with this. I had a Clarion in my last mh and found it almost useless. Opted to purchase the Garmin RV760 and have been very pleased. Left the "navigation" option off of my list for the new DS. I'll live with the Sony + SiriusXM and use the Garmin unit for navigation.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2015, 03:39 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Add my vote for the Garmin RV 760LMT with a connection to hook up a backup camera. I'm going to use that connection to hook up my GoPro with a suction mount on the passenger side when I have to back into a site by myself (which is 50% of the time). In that way I have the backup camera on the dash and an additional camera view on the passenger side.
Zoey and Shelby (Pembroke Welsh Corgis)
tomakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 04:28 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Somehow, some way, we ended up with a Sony head when we ordered the non navi unit in our '15 DS 4369. I am glad of that as we have had all good luck with Sony products in our Newmar coaches and I hoped they would install a Sony unit in our coach. That ended up being one of those things that we could not have controlled that ended up as we had hoped it would.

We elected not to go with the navi in our last two Dutch Stars as we use the Garmin dezl 760 LMT and have liked it very much. We had the combined AM/FM/CD/Navi in our Ventana and did not find the navi very easy to use (though perfectly competent). We like the 7" screen, the voice interface and the truck route compatibility with the Garmin dezl. It has served us well.

All this being said, we have not had opportunity yet to test out the Sony unit as our coach is still at the dealer awaiting our delivery.

Was very happy to see the Sony unit installed in our coach when we finally saw the dash and the instruments during the last day of production in Building 7.

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 05:08 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deek View Post
Somehow, some way, we ended up with a Sony head when we ordered the non navi unit in our '15 DS 4369. I am glad of that as we have had all good luck with Sony products in our Newmar coaches and I hoped they would install a Sony unit in our coach. That ended up being one of those things that we could not have controlled that ended up as we had hoped it would.

We elected not to go with the navi in our last two Dutch Stars as we use the Garmin dezl 760 LMT and have liked it very much. We had the combined AM/FM/CD/Navi in our Ventana and did not find the navi very easy to use (though perfectly competent). We like the 7" screen, the voice interface and the truck route compatibility with the Garmin dezl. It has served us well.

All this being said, we have not had opportunity yet to test out the Sony unit as our coach is still at the dealer awaiting our delivery.

Was very happy to see the Sony unit installed in our coach when we finally saw the dash and the instruments during the last day of production in Building 7.

Deek
Deek,

Do you think you'll be picking that bad boy up sometime before 2016?
jigsup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 05:31 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
Gosh, Jigs, you know how to hurt a guy when he's down!

We had so many commitments for May that we literally can't break free to do our delivery until early June.

My daughter's college graduation, jury duty for me, medical appointments we had scheduled thinking that our coach would be delivered at the end of June not the early part of May, a seminar I have to attend in Philadelphia for three days near the end of the month, a couple of family events coinciding with kids out of school and last but not least starting construction of a new coach house at our place at River Bend near Ft. Myers in Florida -- whew, I am dizzy just thinking about it all somehow getting done without disaster. So rushing delivery of our new coach not only will not work but doesn't seem to be wise to do.

Any chance I am regretting our schedule for May in lieu of taking delivery of our beautiful 4369? Ah ... yes! You get the drift!

Can't wait ...

Deek
”Deek” / FMCA #363986
2023 Winnebago View 24D Bay Mist II
What a Hoot!
Deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 06:03 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Look into this unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeck View Post
I am thinking about ordering a new 4369 DS and am interested in knowing the brand of radio they use. Can anyone help me out?
We have an Xite Infotainment System (comes in 7" or 10"). We have had it for 3 years and couldn't be happier. It has a Rand McNally RV specific mapping system with more options than I can list. We play books through it with Bluetooth (from my Nexus). Play my music lists from my Ipod. We added an additional monitor so that we had a better view.
We have travelled 30,000 miles, through the US and Canada, with this system and have NEVER been steered to a road that didn't accommodate our weight, height and preferences. I enter my fuel info and it keeps an accurate record for me. We update the card every 6 months or so - free lifetime updates. Add your own PIO's...
I cannot say enough nice things about this system.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9519.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	205.4 KB
ID:	94588   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9517.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	260.1 KB
ID:	94589  

slowspokes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 03:26 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowspokes1 View Post
We have an Xite Infotainment System (comes in 7" or 10"). We have had it for 3 years and couldn't be happier. It has a Rand McNally RV specific mapping system with more options than I can list. We play books through it with Bluetooth (from my Nexus). Play my music lists from my Ipod. We added an additional monitor so that we had a better view.
We have travelled 30,000 miles, through the US and Canada, with this system and have NEVER been steered to a road that didn't accommodate our weight, height and preferences. I enter my fuel info and it keeps an accurate record for me. We update the card every 6 months or so - free lifetime updates. Add your own PIO's...
I cannot say enough nice things about this system.
Can you do anything on the second monitor?
Old 05-19-2015, 05:21 AM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
No. The radio/GPS is touch screen and this is just a slave monitor.
BTW, I bought a very inexpensive monitor ($29, I think) with a lot of positive feedback on Amazon. I split it off the video out behind the radio that I have connected to the front TV. It was the easiest mod I have done.
This setup also allows me to keep the radio in any of the other modes for passenger or driver convenience while the monitor stays on GPS for the driver. The passenger can also view the GPS on the TV (not very convenient for the driver).
I love this stuff!!!
slowspokes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:39 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbeck View Post
I am thinking about ordering a new 4369 DS and am interested in knowing the brand of radio they use. Can anyone help me out?
If you order a Dutch Star now you will get a 2016 model and it has a new radio.
"The dash radio has been greatly improved for Dutch Star in 2016 with a Harman JBL 180 watt sound system with 4 dual speakers located in the ceiling above the driver and passenger seats."
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:09 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Yes! 😊
Old 05-19-2015, 07:10 PM   #25

Newmar Owners Club
I'll let you guys know how it sounds....

Tags
dash, radio