Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2018, 09:57 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by gal218 View Post
RD...

Sorry, this is off this subject...when you have a chance, could you measure and post the inside dimensions of the pantry drawers on your 3341. Trying to plan for some modular containers to fit in the drawers.

Gil

PS: Once I take delivery, you will have company as a Complete Air Head.
Excuse me Gil but no hijacking posts here and it is AIRE HEAD not air head.

Thank you very much.:fl owers:
Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2018, 01:33 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quincy View Post
Excuse me Gil but no hijacking posts here and it is AIRE HEAD not air head.

Thank you very much.:fl owers:
Quincy...

At the expense of continuing this inappropriate hijack, I will merely say that to qualify as a "Complete" Air Head you need to misspell AIRE HEAD.

Gil
BuckyII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:03 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post
Then SilverLeaf/MyRozie remote monitoring and control would not work.

These new coach systems need redundancy to cover storage situations. As designed the high end Newmar coaches cannot be stored without shore power unless you allow unattended generator autostart. I really don't like that idea.

These coaches need enough solar coverage and associated chassis battery support to be indefinitely stored outside.
This is a fantastic read. I have a hard time believing that an engineer could not design a proper storage solution for a high end coach. It will be interesting to see what the 19’ models for Newmar has but one would expect that My Rozie and the Silverleaf system will make it’s way into other coaches. Newmar must realize that not every owner wants or has the ability to plug a coach in while stored. Try bringing your coach in for service and finding a dealer that can keep all coaches plugged in at all times.
FSU Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 06:18 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbopilot View Post
I think it is the lightning bolt. Anytime I see it the house battery is in float with both the house and chassis battery are about the same voltage. I never see it before house battery goes into float.

I never see the lightning bolt when the house batteries are being charged by the solar cells, even when the solar controller goes into float. So I think SilverLeaf is watching the Xantrex charger. When it sees the charger go into float it closes the bridge between the house and chassis battery charging both.

There is no interface available in Newmar implementations of SilverLeaf to allow a connection between the solar charge controller and the TM102, so SilverLeaf does not know the solar charger is floating, thus it never opens the bridge to the chassis battery.

As to the RFID FOB, it is my understanding once the FOB is within 3 feet of the ignition circuit, it "wakes up several" circuits from the chassis battery taking more load from the chassis battery.

Much of this is guess and speculation by watching things work. Very little documentation on all of this.

Any time I leave the coach unplugged in the sunlight, I use a wedge to keep the switch for the battery link down, thus opening the chassis battery charge bridge to allow the big solar cells to keep both sets of batteries topped off.
Not sure this is 100% correct, but from I've seen, when the chassis battery reaches a certain level of charge (I'm guessing around 12.8 or so) the charger then bridges over (yellow lighting bolt) and charges both batteries together.

Mike
Idleup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 07:42 PM   #47

Dead Chassis Batteries on New Aire

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Camper View Post
This is a fantastic read. I have a hard time believing that an engineer could not design a proper storage solution for a high end coach. It will be interesting to see what the 19’ models for Newmar has but one would expect that My Rozie and the Silverleaf system will make it’s way into other coaches. Newmar must realize that not every owner wants or has the ability to plug a coach in while stored. Try bringing your coach in for service and finding a dealer that can keep all coaches plugged in at all times.

I have and I do! NIRVC with locations in the Atlanta, Dallas and Phoenix and a soon to open location in Las Vegas has and used a 50 amp plug in for everyparking spiny on the lot, including inside whether being in Service or parked in their300 space buildings. If it’s not moving, it’s plugged in. I know, that’s just one dealer but it is one of the many reasons we buy and service with them. JMHO
Old 04-17-2018, 04:03 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann n Gene View Post
I have and I do! NIRVC with locations in the Atlanta, Dallas and Phoenix and a soon to open location in Las Vegas has and used a 50 amp plug in for everyparking spiny on the lot, including inside whether being in Service or parked in their300 space buildings. If it’s not moving, it’s plugged in. I know, that’s just one dealer but it is one of the many reasons we buy and service with them. JMHO
I’ve heard great things about National Indoor RV. That’s encouraging, my hope is to have dealers up their service game knowing RV’s are currently flying off of dealer lots. Most service facilities I’ve been to will only supply power for the day you’re in service, FL Gaffney being the exception.
FSU Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 04:21 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idleup View Post
Not sure this is 100% correct, but from I've seen, when the chassis battery reaches a certain level of charge (I'm guessing around 12.8 or so) the charger then bridges over (yellow lighting bolt) and charges both batteries together.

Mike
I’m wondering if the two different battery types is the reason Newmar engineered the solar charge system to ignore the Chasis batteries. Lead acid and AGM have different float voltages...?
Charlievette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 04:39 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlievette View Post
I’m wondering if the two different battery types is the reason Newmar engineered the solar charge system to ignore the Chasis batteries. Lead acid and AGM have different float voltages...?
Don't think so. Any modern solar charge controller is going to use the same schedules for charging AGM batteries as the Xantrex charger.

This is a logic issue in the TM102 controller. It is programmed to open the bridge after an appropriate delay when the Xantrex is charging the house battery or the chassis alternator is charging the chassis battery but does not sense solar charging.

I talked to SilverLeaf about this issue last fall when I installed my solar panels on the NA. SilverLeaf said they have the logic to open the bridge for solar charging but it is not part of the Newmar package. They told me the same SilverLeaf equipment in coaches made by other manufacturers do have the logic to open the bridge when the solar controller is charging the house batteries. Told me to talk to Newmar if I wanted it. That went no where as you might expect.
turbopilot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, batteries, chassis