Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-03-2017, 09:50 AM   #1

Dealer

I'm about to purchase Newmar Baystar 3414 and have tough decision on who I choose to purchase from. Received excellent deal from Albany RV but their customer reviews on service is awful. Dylan's RV has great reviews but unit is more expensive. It would however be a new build. Difference is about $5000. Has anyone had dealings with either? Would you suggest lower deal or pay more based on service reviews? Thanks!
micbob4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-03-2017, 10:35 AM   #2

Buy cheap, take to other for service
bobsharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 10:38 AM   #3

Thanks, will other dealers service it?
Old 10-03-2017, 10:49 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by micbob4 View Post
Thanks, will other dealers service it?
There are many options for Service. I wouldn’t pay an extra 5k because someone else said they had a good experience. Might be his brother.

Seriously, will you be bringing it back to the same dealer every time you need Service? Not likely. Stuff never breaks at home. How about the folks who get factory pickup and pay an extra 5k? Will they be bringing it back to the factory every time they need service?

Getting service is always a pain, no matter what you paid.
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:00 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBelanger View Post
There are many options for Service. I wouldn’t pay an extra 5k because someone else said they had a good experience. Might be his brother.

Seriously, will you be bringing it back to the same dealer every time you need Service? Not likely. Stuff never breaks at home. How about the folks who get factory pickup and pay an extra 5k? Will they be bringing it back to the factory every time they need service?

Getting service is always a pain, no matter what you paid.
If extended warranty is purchased would that have to be serviced at dealer you purchased from? Thanks
Old 10-03-2017, 11:04 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
I’m sure that would depend on the plan but that would be like buying health insurance where you can only get a broken leg fixed at the hospital you bought the plan from?
Old 10-03-2017, 11:35 AM   #7

Quote:
I'm about to purchase Newmar Baystar 3414 and have tough decision on who I choose to purchase from. Received excellent deal from Albany RV but their customer reviews on service is awful. Dylan's RV has great reviews but unit is more expensive. It would however be a new build. Difference is about $5000. Has anyone had dealings with either? Would you suggest lower deal or pay more based on service reviews? Thanks!
Buy the coach at the lowest price. You can get service anywhere in most cases, and the factory is an option. We bought our last two diesel pushers from a dealer 1,200 miles from home. No issues.

By the way, Albany hired a service manager named Tom and he is top shelf. We have service experience with him and his department and he is making changes and improvements every day. I would bring my Ventana to him for service and not think twice but I would be sure that he or Tim, a great service advisor, is on the case.
snowhawk2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:40 AM   #8
ptw

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Our house was in Ohio, originally from Buffalo, bought ours at Midway. Very good price and excellent service. For service we plan a trip through Midway in Grand Rapids Michigan. You also have the option of going to Newmar.
Old 10-03-2017, 11:43 AM   #9

Thanks guys, thought best to come directly to Actual Newmar owners. Other thing didn't think of was the new built model if they would add shipping charge since it wasn't stock
Old 10-03-2017, 12:07 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks guys, thought best to come directly to Actual Newmar owners. Other thing didn't think of was the new built model if they would add shipping charge since it wasn't stock
Shipping charge included either way. No avoiding that.
Old 10-03-2017, 01:24 PM   #11

Quote:
Shipping charge included either way. No avoiding that.
Correct, my concern if it was already in quoted price. RV ones price it is since it's on lot. Trying to find out if it was included in the one that's being ordered. Pretty sure I'm going with lower cost unit. They allowed me to hold unit until this weekend to come check it out. Refundable deposit.
Old 10-03-2017, 01:33 PM   #12

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Correct, my concern if it was already in quoted price. RV ones price it is since it's on lot. Trying to find out if it was included in the one that's being ordered. Pretty sure I'm going with lower cost unit. They allowed me to hold unit until this weekend to come check it out. Refundable deposit.
You should get an itemized quote.
Old 10-03-2017, 02:26 PM   #13

Quote:
You should get an itemized quote.
Thanks, got itemized quotes from both and dealer with new build came down $2000 so the Gap is not that big and new build has couple of new options we wanted. However, the problem is we are financing and new build won't be ready until June. Meaning we can't lock into rate until May which I assume rates would have increased. Not sure worth gamble
Old 10-03-2017, 03:48 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Take quote and send out for bid to numerous dealers. If doing new build, can do factory pick up (highly recommend) and don't really need ocal dealer. All paperwork, etc can be done electronically. We had a horrible experience ordering thru Albany RV one and I would stay away from them. Great on front end, but falls apart as soon as they have your commitment to order. Good luck with your purchase and congrats!

Airedale is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer