Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2015, 09:08 AM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to millerj Send a message via Yahoo to millerj
One good thing I will say about Lazy Days when I was dealing with them on a used Tiffin Allegro Bus was they gave me the name and phone number of the person who traded the unit in. They also called him in advance to make sure he was ok with me contacting him. After learning from him he did basically nothing on maintaining the unit and told me of the issues he was aware of with the unit I walked away and bought a new Newmar unit at North Trail in Fort Myers, FL. I would deal with Lazy Days again if they had something I wanted.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-04-2015, 12:51 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
I have bought 2 Used Newmar Coaches from Coachlight RV in Carthage MO, both times they assigned a tech to help us inspect and to answer all questions we had and explain the workings of the coach and fix any issues found. They then offered to allow us to stay in his RV park and for a few days and to try everything out and determine if everything worked and to ask other questions. We made a list of any issues we had and repairs were then made a no cost. After we left any thing that broke or need repaired within 30 days would be billed and 50 % of the cost.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:02 PM   #17

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedjester View Post
Dealer is Lazydays in Tampa... Spoke with the salesman this morning( 8AM) and within 15minutes they came and took the unit...He assures me it will all be taken care of today...he seemed genuinely upset and asked me to speak to one of the Managers... I really believe its not his fault ..but in the end it's still his responsibility..
It is the dealers responsibility to take care of your problems, Your salesman is taking it upon himself to try to help. Kudos to him for that but he is just trying complete his sale. I agree with the others Run don't walk away. I had the same trouble with Camping World here in Arkansas. Sales man tried but in the end he could not control the service department.
camato5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 07:25 AM   #18

I still wonder why Buyers have to spend a couple of days at dealer site following delivery just to "check things out"... Like OP, to find AC's don't work, oil not even changed.

You would think any dealer would check their trade-ins properly before delivery. I guess A) they save on labor checking it out and B) they hope the Buyer doesn't find everything in the first 30 days...

And in my experience and from reading on this forum, all dealers are pretty much the same... This is crappy and has been going on for too long!
Old 06-05-2015, 02:53 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
The issue I had at Lazydays .. I realized was the Service department...when I was about to hand he Check over for the Rig..The service advisor walked in..( I had left him a message) He started to tell me that his only responsibility to repair on a PDI were "His" words.." Repair anything that has a function".. Now he came all the way over to tell me this.. Since my DW asked for a new TP Holder and replace some bulbs...so while I was holding my check..I asked him again.. If they were going to fix everything on the list.. He told me the salesman had to pay for it since it doesn't have a function... I folded up My check and placed it back in my pocket..I told the paperwork guy.. " No Fix..No Money.. He stepped outside with the service advisor..and came back with the service manager.. Who told me everything on my list would be repaired including the TP Holder , Lights , and waste valve.. But they couldnt get to it untill the next day...I said great ..Fix it and we will finish the deal...The paperwork guy seemed upset but understood .. He called his boss who apologized.. Next day ...they had 3 guys working on he rig.. Finished in 30minutes.... Salesman came by a few times to check on us.. Even after we transferred to the park side..... Nice guy...service department almost ruined the deal...
Old 06-05-2015, 03:26 PM   #20

I find all of the posts on this issue very interesting. LAZY DAYS is one, if not the only one, highest volume RV dealers. We have been to see them a good number of times in the past to see what we might like in an RV. NO PRESSURE. When we got serious, the salesman spent a considerable amount of time with us showing both their new and resale units. Took us two visits about three months apart to see our DISCOVERY which we purchased with 27,000 miles on it. We have 110,000 now with many great experiences. Great purchase.
When we came to pick up the coach we stayed in the RV park where a very knowledgeable serviceman took us through all of the systems on the coach. The instructions were clear and very helpful since this was our first, and only so far, class A. I did have an issue with the driver window that was hazy. LAZY DAYS ordered and replaced the window without a charge. Also the inverter/charger failed within a month. LAZY DAYS replaced the unit without a charge.
I fully endorse this firm. The comments and suggestions, IMHO, prejudge a responsible business that tries hard to do the right thing. We will deal with them again in the future when we are ready to seek a new unit.
Regards,
JimB
JBDISCOVERY is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer