Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2014, 09:00 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper 05MA View Post
Good idea to wait til the International Rally and get a good for real look at the 2015's. The owner of Coachlight is leading a caravan of approximately 25 rigs to Escanaba. I would suggest you at least contact him for a discussion of a new unit.
I'm really happy to know Marty is still doing that! Great guy who really takes care of his customers. What is he driving these days?
edgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2014, 09:50 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks again to all that have responded with recommendations. So far I have a list of seven dealers that members of this forum recommend. Interestingly, none of the seven are the dealer that we bought our current coach from.
As others have stated, with factory delivery, the location of the dealer makes no difference to me (we use the factory and Spartan in Charlotte for repairs/service). Will need to find an FCC location instead of Charlotte.
My plan from this point is to confirm the floorplan/options/specials for a 2015 Dutchstar 4018 in Escanaba and hopefully negotiate an order the following week with one of the suggested dealers.
Any other suggestions/experiences greatly appreciated.
Jeff
Old 06-11-2014, 09:21 AM   #17

Of the two Dealers in Michigan. Go to Grand rapids.
Old 06-11-2014, 09:36 AM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Hi jjr4,
Just about all dealers are great to work with as long as the $s are in your pocket. The importance of a dealer depends on what role they will play in your coach's future.
1. 1 year warranty (sometimes). It depends on how far Nappanee is from you.
2. Routine maintenance
3. Customer paid coach work

If your situation is such that these do not matter, consider working with Newmar to spec out the coach of your choice. Then bid the spec sheet to as many dealers as possible.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:18 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
I also Bought My 2014 Essex at Steinbring In Garfield Minnesota, Jon Or Lee are VERY VERY HONEST ,will not steer you wrong, Jon went over & above to Make My purchase work for ME, There service Dept is top notch,I will not go anywhere else.
Old 06-22-2014, 04:43 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Jeff,
I will reiterate what others have said... If you're going to the NKK rally, look up Marty Lown, owner of Coachlight RV in Carthage Missouri! You will know it's Marty when you see the graphics package on his 2012 KA and, he will be leading a 20+ coach caravan. You mention taking delivery at the factory... I will GUARANTEE to you that Marty will provide an equal to OR better delivery experience at his facility in Carthage!! Marty has some of the finest technicians you will ever meet in a state of the art RV Park adjacent to his sales facility. We were provided a day long "over view" of our coach by one of his best technicians. Then, while we were doing paperwork, our new coach was moved down to the campground and setup. We were given the technicians cell phone number, over a 3 day weekend, and told to call if we had a question or couldn't find something. On the fourth morning, the doorbell was ringing and it was "our" technician wanting to sit with us and discuss anything we found wrong or had questions on... That technicians cell phone number still travels with us, with an instruction that if we ever have an issue or question, call him first to work through the issue!! You don't get better service than that...

Tags
dealer