Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2017, 06:46 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Delaminating of coach seats, couches, etc

Looked at a coach while in Florida this week and the 13 DSDP had terrible issues with this issue. The salesperson said there were a couple years where the fabric/pleather did indeed have issues and delaminating. He said it was cleared up in '15 I think. Wondering if this is a true story or if the issue is just the norm with all years. Any input would be appreciated.
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2017, 06:58 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
My 2012 CS had interior problems with the fabric bubbling & pealing but Newmar stepped it up for me 5yrs out of warranty and replaced the complete interior and covered the whole thing...
Sicduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 08:02 PM   #3

Our DS had the piping flaking and the covering was severely wrinkled. Newmar replaced all of it with our coach a year out of warranty.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:04 PM   #4

I just had all my furniture replaced with new ;and driver and passenger seats recovered. Call Newmar customer service a inquire about it. Had to take pictures of defects. 2 recliners and sofa air bed were replaced. It feels like a silent recall until you start inquiring about it. It took making an appointment which was 3 months away. It took 3 days for the 2 recliners and bed to get replaced but another week to get the covers from Villa. I never found out why the long delay in getting them, I asked buy didn't get a good answer.

My piping color was flaking off and leather had wear spots on the
corners.

Newmar done a really good job except that it took too long. The covers were not present at the time of appointment but the rest was.

I have a 2015 Dutch Star with 16k miles.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:11 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Multiple RV manufacturers have the problem. It's faulty material from the material supplier.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:26 AM   #6

I can't speak for any year other than 2015. Ours had the peeling piping issue & Newmar gladly changed all upholstery out for us. No issue for us at all.
twojayhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:32 AM   #7

I think this was a Dutch Star issue with Villa furniture. Ventana's have Flexsteel furniture and I don't remember anyone reporting issues with these.
Algoma is offline   Reply With Quote