Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2016, 03:54 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
It's a good practice to turn off all 120 VAC equipment when switching power sources.

bonzocfi is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2016, 04:03 PM   #16

National RV Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Congratulations on a great looking rig. We were in Nappanee yesterday and today for factory tour and meeting up with Michelle Howard on designing our Dsdp. met Brian (fsudelt) whose coach was being belt as well as Don and Sharon, also there to watch their Vtdp being built. Both bought theirs from Independence, and picking them up the same day. Hope you can sleep tonight.
Benicia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 05:37 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicia Tom View Post
Hope you can sleep tonight.
LOL I slept like a baby last night...until I didn't. The sleep number bed is what we're used to in the S&B, so I was super comfy, and the Ventana is quiet and well insulated. But I woke up at 3:30am and couldn't go back to sleep, so I worked. Until 7pm this evening. While the whole-coach wax job was going on, multiple deliveries going on around me, wife making all the shopping/food runs, and the dog jumping up and down to go outside. Walking him was the only time I got to see the sun today.

But you know what? Part of this deal was running the company from the rig, and with the Verizon jetpack, I had no issues at all. So I guess this is a good test!
marknpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:14 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsudelt View Post
Nice to hear everything went well! I just flew back tonight from being up at the factory for our build. We also ordered from Independence & live 20 min away which is even more comforting! Tough part is waiting 3-4 weeks for delivery now. Congrats again & enjoy!
If you're here in the next two days, stop by. I'd love the chance to compare notes. This whole RV thing is all new to us and we are drinking from a fire hose. Good luck with the Dutch Star. We seriously considered one before deciding the Ventana made the most sense for us.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:33 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjgolpher View Post
Good Looking Coach. We are taking delivery on Mon Oct 31 of a #3709 Ventana, Cheval Exterior and Interior, Carmel Glazed Cherry cabinets. Drove a diesel today for 1st time! What a pleasure and Quiet!! Can't wait.
Congrats! I actually had to go look ours up. Dune exterior, Carmel glazed cabinetry and the antiquity interior. The diesel is amazing, so quiet and strong. Totall happy. Trust me the wait is worth it.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:46 PM   #20

Congratulations on your new Ventana Marknpeg. And...welcome to the Newmar Family. Your coach looks outstanding. Only thing left to do is hit the road and start making happy memories.

We have the '15 Ventana (same floor plan as your). I fully understand about drinking out of a fire hose. We were new to this as well. We've had our coach now for 14 months. I would say that I've learned plenty during that time, but I still have much more to go. Fortunate for both of us (you and I) is that we have the this exceptional forum for dragging us up the learning curve.

I called Newmar a few time my first few days because apparently those bits of knowledge imparted at PDI bounced off of my thick skull and ricocheted into space.

Happy travels

Jerry
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 07:52 PM   #21

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by marknpeg View Post
If you're here in the next two days, stop by. I'd love the chance to compare notes. This whole RV thing is all new to us and we are drinking from a fire hose. Good luck with the Dutch Star. We seriously considered one before deciding the Ventana made the most sense for us.
When are you leaving? I may actually be by there late tomorrow or Thursday to drop off our finance paperwork to Jodi. PM me your cell and I'll call you to see if you're around when I come by. I'd be interested to hear about your delivery with ours coming up in a few weeks.
Previous: 2010 Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA
fsudelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 08:08 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
When are you leaving? I may actually be by there late tomorrow or Thursday to drop off our finance paperwork to Jodi. PM me your cell and I'll call you to see if you're around when I come by. I'd be interested to hear about your delivery with ours coming up in a few weeks.
Looks like we will probably be here one more night, so yes we'll be around. PM sent.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:16 PM   #23

Thanks, for posting your pics. Enjoy. Keep us posted on how your ownership experience goes.
Old 10-26-2016, 07:31 PM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Nice meeting you today! We have a couple service items being taken care of in the morning and then on the way to Tallahassee. We'll miss the game, but will be watching it from Tville. Good luck with the new Dutch Star!
Old 10-26-2016, 07:58 PM   #25

Nice to see a recent buy at Independence. That will be my dealer when I buy.
I am about 40 min away. Have only heard a few reviews on them, but all good.
I am leaning towards the upper models they don't have, but am told can order.
Better to keep my service where I buy it to help in getting in quicker.

Enjoy your new baby!!!!
FireEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 08:09 PM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by marknpeg View Post
Nice meeting you today! We have a couple service items being taken care of in the morning and then on the way to Tallahassee. We'll miss the game, but will be watching it from Tville. Good luck with the new Dutch Star!
Thanks, nice meeting you as well and congrats again on the purchase of your coach! Have fun exploring the open roads over the next year. It was good to hear such a positive delivery experience before we have ours in 3-4 weeks from Independence. They have been great to deal with so far.
Previous: 2010 Tiffin Allegro Red 38QBA
fsudelt is offline   Reply With Quote