Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2007, 06:54 AM   #1

Gabi and I went to the Denver RV show Saturday, ( it was 2 degrees outside). Snowing today--again. Super. Anyway our local Newmar guys were there (RV America) - did I mention these guys have been terrific to work with! - and introduced us to John Sammut, VP of sales and marketing. John is an interesting and informative guy and we enjoyed talking with him and the owners of RV America. John stated that the Newmar way of sales and marketing is somewhat different from some other RV manufacturers. He said the marketing and sales guys cross all lines of communication, such as design, and then have imput on all lines they make.In other words, yes the guys are still model specific, however know all lines intimately. Which I think helps all of us.
Theory of trickle down engineering and knowlege. All lines benifiting.

You know after doubting our purchase for awhile, after all the issues some folks had, we have changed our mind about that.

Look, I've got the number 1 or 2 guy in the company standing in front of me echoing the same concerns all of us have had. Definitely has made an impact on the company. They are in business for the long haul and I believe in them!

BTW
No more beating a dead horse...... Hey, name 1 other manufacturer, dealer network, or company that has gone out of there way to make everyones problems RIGHT. May never be quick enough or easy, but after reading and listening to whats been going on here and talking to John I am comfortable with our decision to go Newmar.

Trying to schedule our PDI around 1st of March. We hope..

Another BTW--after spending most of the day at the show it looks like RVing in the Rocky Mountains is going great. Lots of sold tags on MHs, TTs, 5rs.

I know....I know... long winded but....
Say HI to John Sammut in Tampa!

Ernie and Gabi Clear and still in
Colorado--Clear up to
our ___ ____ ____and
still snowing.
g_essex is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2007, 06:54 AM   #2

Gabi and I went to the Denver RV show Saturday, ( it was 2 degrees outside). Snowing today--again. Super. Anyway our local Newmar guys were there (RV America) - did I mention these guys have been terrific to work with! - and introduced us to John Sammut, VP of sales and marketing. John is an interesting and informative guy and we enjoyed talking with him and the owners of RV America. John stated that the Newmar way of sales and marketing is somewhat different from some other RV manufacturers. He said the marketing and sales guys cross all lines of communication, such as design, and then have imput on all lines they make.In other words, yes the guys are still model specific, however know all lines intimately. Which I think helps all of us.
Theory of trickle down engineering and knowlege. All lines benifiting.

You know after doubting our purchase for awhile, after all the issues some folks had, we have changed our mind about that.

Look, I've got the number 1 or 2 guy in the company standing in front of me echoing the same concerns all of us have had. Definitely has made an impact on the company. They are in business for the long haul and I believe in them!

BTW
No more beating a dead horse...... Hey, name 1 other manufacturer, dealer network, or company that has gone out of there way to make everyones problems RIGHT. May never be quick enough or easy, but after reading and listening to whats been going on here and talking to John I am comfortable with our decision to go Newmar.

Trying to schedule our PDI around 1st of March. We hope..

Another BTW--after spending most of the day at the show it looks like RVing in the Rocky Mountains is going great. Lots of sold tags on MHs, TTs, 5rs.

I know....I know... long winded but....
Say HI to John Sammut in Tampa!

Ernie and Gabi Clear and still in
Colorado--Clear up to
our ___ ____ ____and
still snowing.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:00 AM   #3
Administrator Emeritus

Nice post Ernie....It's not the Newmar "side" of the coach I've lost faith in by the way,it's the Spartan "side" of the coach...

The Newmar folks have always been receptive to my concerns and ready to listen,evidenced by a meeting I have tentatively scheduled on Tuesday or Wednesday with the big wigs.

I can also attest to the fact Newmar is connected to what the public is saying,evidenced by a member of the Newmar hierarchy making mention of reading my posts on this site...

WOW....an RV show in Denver this time of the year and with the weather they've been having?
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 07:19 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I some times think, yes I do , that Newmar is kicking themselfs by signing on with Spartan and moving Frightliner aside.
Spartan has a super chassis but FL is working to catch up.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 01:02 PM   #5

oh yeah--- for all you fence riders?
read on another site yesterday,. and I'm borrowing and plagerising.

If you want to order a 2007 Newmar before the new expensive engines hit for 08--here are the numbers....
NO 41 MADP's
some 45's
1-41 Essex left
39 KSDP w/350 cummins 6-left
40 DSDP 13-left
45 Essex 11- left
others - 39 Ventana, 39 KSDP w/ 400
43 DSDP and 45 MADP
SEVERAL MORE WEEKS
Doesn't include ordered inventory- however then you get what you get. Tough to customize.

I'm stealing this info...from Lee Litchfield's post. Owns Lee's RV in Oklahoma. I don't know if this is still accurate.
Ernie
Old 01-15-2007, 12:36 PM   #6
cwg

Lee's RV was where I bought our rig. I found him to have accurate information and I will bet he has posted good numbers. I found out when there for picking it up that he spends an enormous amount of time on the internet keeping up with the developments of Newmar and his other manufacturers of the lines he handles.

I tried to get him to stay more active in IRV2.com, but he seems to spend more time on the Yahoo forums and RV Net. We will eventually get him into this forum.
cwg is offline   Reply With Quote