Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2007, 09:35 AM   #29
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by Robert M:
Just my two cents if I may, Bob. I don't have a VORAD but my friend I travel with has it on his (SOB) Signature. Thus the reason I don't like it, he wants me to lead ALL the time!!!!

Robert
Hey Robert.....you can RV with me anytime!!

Wherever you LEAD.....I'll follow!!
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2007, 05:39 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
IRT to the Diamon-Fusion, I don't feel comfortable revealing whose coach it was and as such how I know the information,but there was a London Aire with a rock chip whose owner had a H-E- double hockey sticks of a time dealing with Diamon-Fusion and their warranty process.
Two sides to every story... I had a long chat with the Diamon Fusion folks about this particular topic and felt it necessary to present both sides of this story. Feel free to chat with Don Montgomery of Diamon Fusion Indiana 888-206-0447. Also get the Newmar high-line perspective as well.

First, the LADB that Bob mentions a couple posts back had Diamon Fusion installed as a freebie with the understanding that there was no warranty. Diamon Fusion was also installed as a freebie on a pickup truck of said LADB owner. They did this to give that rather influential owner a feel for how the product works. Again, it was done gratis and without warranty. In this case, given who the owner is, NOT giving a free warranty may not have been the smartest thing but that is not what is at issue here.

Well, that owner managed to get a rather large ding in the ol' LADB glass, forgot he had no warranty and asked for Diamon Fusion service. Oppss.. Diamon Fusion, initially reluctantly as it had no warranty, scrounged up a repair tech who discovered the ding was bigger than described and required replacement. Well, that's when the Nappanee snow storm hit shutting everything down. At the height of the storm the owner (and all the other high line folks working this issue) went home early before things could be settled. You can see it now, fingers flying, names a calling, snowflakes all around, and corporate layers scurrying. Eventually, as the snow melted and businesses opened Diamon Fusion got a replacement and made good on a warranty that was not extended to that owner as he got the coating for free.

We can argue all day whether Diamon Fusion should have extended the warranty to this individual or not – but the fact is Diamon Fusion eventually, through blizzard and poor communications among the multiple corporate layers of the parties involved, made good on a warranty that they originally did not provide as part of the gratis coating.

In the end, it would appear Diamon Fusion really did well on this particular job – and really did go way beyond the original deal to make it right. I would also suspect that all of the layers of Newmar folks involved in this unfortunate fiasco might actually say otherwise – forgetting there was no warranty and expecting immediate service in a blizzard while leaving Newmar early. As I said, two sides to every story. In addition, as a growing company Diamon Fusion is working hard at building a broader repair network. That will take time but is a priority. Nobody offers a class a RV glass warranty at the Diamon Fusion price.

Where's the silver lining? Well, I get to spill some beans here, it also turns out that Newmar engineering is working with Diamon Fusion on getting our very own Bob a freebie Diamon Fusion application in the next couple of weeks. Whether it will have the warranty or not I guess is up to the Newmar/Diamon Fusion powers that be...

Congratulations Bob! You can get the Z2 for the H3 and still have clear glass!

BTW – I am not a Diamon Fusion employee nor am I getting any deal on my coating. As I said before, it looks to be the right product at the right price for a myriad of reasons.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:14 PM   #31
Administrator Emeritus

Quote:
Where's the silver lining? Well, I get to spill some beans here, it also turns out that Newmar engineering is working with Diamon Fusion on getting our very own Bob a freebie Diamon Fusion application in the next couple of weeks. Whether it will have the warranty or not I guess is up to the Newmar/Diamon Fusion powers that be...
Jeff, I'm not sure who told you about a supposed "freebie" install of Diamon-Fusion, but quite frankly if I were to decide to do it I would be the first to know and I would pay for it as to NOT EVER have the "is there a warranty" question.

I have had no contact with anyone in regard to a Diamon-Fusion install....As I spoke to Jason just yesterday it's a bit weird he never mentioned it...
Old 03-30-2007, 02:47 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Pure heresay, so take it for what it's worth...

While getting a few rock-chips repaired recently, I asked the repair-person about Diamon(d)-Fusion and she said her company refuses to recommend it. Said they looked into it and found that there's a lot of smoke-and-mirrors surrounding the concept. Yes, there's the 'extended-warranty' after application but it's basically an additional glass-coverage policy rather than a real protection-scheme. And that there are so many additional things that need to be done to prepare a windshield that it's almost impossible to get it right. Also, supposedly there's some kind of lawsuit from someone high-up at FMCA surrounding fraudulent practices.

Like I said, just one person's explanation/viewpoint, and I was definitely surprised to hear so much negative information about a usually positively-recommended product (Or was it sour-grapes because their company maybe was simply disqualified from carrying the process?). I was very keen to get it done, as I have one of the one-piece windshields too and absolutely cringe whenever I hear so much as a bug smacking its head on the glass, much less a real 500-pound 1/4" pebble.

Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 05:24 AM   #33

Hello,
This is my first reply message. I can say for one, not just anyone can offer this product to the automotive and RV markets, you must be a RV or Auto Dealership or RV Manufacturer. For two, everything that is promoted about this product is backed up with Lab and in the field testing.
Our application process is unique and it sounds as if this glass company is a little green into what we do.
I know our process works because I have been in the "Glass Business" for over 8 years now and have been the distributor here in Indiana for almost 3 years.
I am not saying that we offer a bullet proof solution, but our product makes the windshield 10x stronger (not harder) and 10x more scratch resistant.
Our product is also applied to every Humvee going to the Middle East, because it prevents the sandblast effect, gives us a leg up driving at night and in the rain. It also prevents alot of the small stuff that will cause a chip.
If it is good enough for the U.S. Military isn't it good enough for everyone else?
I have alot of info about which major companies are offering our product.
Remember our product goes on anything silica, I.e. porcelin, ceramic, granite and glass. So, Diamon-Fusion is used in a very nice cross section of industry and the results have been fabulous.
I hope this clarifies much for you!!!
Thanks,
Donald Montgomery
dfusaindiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 05:43 AM   #34

Quote:
our product makes the windshield 10x stronger (not harder) and 10x more scratch resistant.
Hi Donald, Welcome to the forum. I have had an intrest in trying your product. Our problem is we have a small ding already (about the size of a dime) in our windshield. We had a glass company do a repair on it.It is now barely visible. It is up high and almost at the edge of the drivers side. Would you still do the process for us, aprox cost, and how does your warranty really work? We will be at Newmar on 5/7/07 Paul
Old 03-31-2007, 05:46 AM   #35

Quote:
our product goes on anything silica, I.e. porcelin, ceramic, granite and glass.
Hi Donald! I forgot to ask you about the ceramic and granite. We have Corian countertops in our coach. Will your product help stop the normal scratching that we get. Is there a warranty on those applications? Again, welcome to the forum. Paul
Old 03-31-2007, 09:07 AM   #36
Administrator Emeritus

Donald, I appreciate you coming onto the message boards and clarifying the use of your product. I know there were some early questions that were asked and I invite you to contact those members privately through email or the iRV2 private message system.

I look forward to the possibility of discussing the application more in depth with you when I am in Nappanee in June.

As far as the forums are concerned we try and keep commercial posts out of the forums as a rule, but certainly discussing the pros and cons of the application would be within acceptable parameters...

Thanks again for your post and I look forward to hearing more from you.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:11 AM   #37
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
ronboc, I think it was sour grapes as more RV'ers get the process done we will know in coming months or years how the process holds up.
Remember Brazels and their product seems to be the only one doing that upgrade, ULTRA-POWER, all the others have fallen thru the cracks.

Welcome to irv2 and the Newmar forum "dfusaindiana"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:13 PM   #38

Drove the coach to Elkhart this morning, so we could get the coach indoors. Don Montgomery was kind enough to come in, on a holiday weekend, and apply Diamon Fusion to our windshields. Needed to be indoors because we woke up this morning, in the Newmar parking area, to 2" of snow on the ground and continuous snow showers and cold wind.

First, Don's best friend Todd, who got Don into the windshield glass business, initially, 8 years ago, repaired three windshield chips. After that, Don did a great job with the DF install. The difference was immediately apparent with regard to water repelling properties. Too early to tell the difference with regard to glare, and don't really want to witness a demonstration of increased strength.

Prior to agreeing to have the DF installed, I spoke with several High-line Newmar tech's, off the record, to gauge their personal opinions of the processs. I didn't find one single person who had anything negative to say about the process. I did hear about the warranty issue problem previously mentioned, but in this case I was paying for the process and receiving the warranty, so felt no need to be concerned about any questions of warranty coverage.

In addition to doing the coach windshield, Don also offered to apply the process to our toad windshield - gratis - with no warranty. I gratefully accepted that kind offer.

Off to Spartan tomorrow for a two day appointment and then back on the road. If I have any useful future observations with regard to the DF, I will post them.

Total cost for everything $1270.94. ($1199+tax)

Paul, Don said he didn't think it would work on Corian, but it definetely works on granite, or anything silica.

Bob, Don says he's looking forward to meeting you when you are here in June. Maybe it will still be snowing! - at least that would make it more familiar to you.

King

2008 EXDP 4502
txwino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:14 PM   #39

Hi King! Thanks for the update. Let us know how it is woking out. I am thinking of doing it in May. Paul
Old 04-08-2007, 02:19 AM   #40
Administrator Emeritus

Thanks for the update King and with my luck it WILL be snowing in Nappanee when I'm there in June.

Just to reiterate my earlier thoughts, I had NOT heard ANYTHING negative from the high line techs, it was that they were NOT going to make a decision either way.
Yes, I'd say Matt's issues had something to do with that...Hopefully we can move forward from those issues.

I too am looking forward to meeting with Don in Nappanee...
Old 04-08-2007, 02:21 AM   #41
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
my luck it WILL be snowing in Nappanee when I'm there in June.
If it does snow in June, I'm leaving.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote