Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-12-2016, 08:01 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Did you know?

We are getting ready to break camp so I turn the key on the retract the jacks and a buzzing alarm starts. ????? Once I have the jacks in Travel Mode, I start the engine. Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. ????? All aired up and now bring in the slides. Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. ?????. OK. What the Hell? Hit the Auto Store button on the jacks and grabbed a 2x4 to help seat the jacks. Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. ????? Checked the antenna, checked the slide locks, checked the awnings. Buzz. Buzz. Buzz. ??????
Absolutely no indication on the smart screen or anywhere else to help me out.

We have an appointment at Midway RV in Michigan, 35 miles away, to get the front MCD replaced. So we head out for a long and noisy 35 mile trip. Buzz. Buzz. Buzz.

We get to Midway and inform them that we have this buzzing alarm noise. "We'll get it fixed". As I'm unhooking the car and Diann is packing it up to for us to leave for a couple of hours, Kyle and a tech comes out.

They walk into the coach, start it up, Buzz. Buzz. Silence!!!! They come out with smiles and then explained the issue.

If the driver's seat is not locked in place, the buzzing alarm starts. Not my problem. If the driver's foot rest is not firmly retracted, the the buzzing alarm starts. That was my problem. Diann and I both started to laugh. Something that simple caused us a lot of irritation. I asked them how they knew? Their reply was "your not the first". Its happened to us after shows.

I asked them to add this to their PDI walk thru. And highlight any other problems that starts the alarm with no indication of the cause.

I have now added check driver's seat position and foot rest position to my checklist.

If anyone ever has this problem, now you know!
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-12-2016, 08:56 PM   #2

For many years the drivers seat foot rest was not even an option ; for safety reasons ; so I'd guess that the warning buzzer was added when the option was made available .
Old 09-12-2016, 08:57 PM   #3

Wonder if that is covered in the owners manual?
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 09:52 PM   #4

Very educational - Thank you for sharing!

2016 Newmar Essex 4519
1997 American Eagle - For Sale
2013 FJ Cruiser 4x4 Toad
jd956jd956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 09:55 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
One positive thing about me owning a coach that's a it older, is that annoying things like this weren't yet invented.
Old 09-13-2016, 05:24 AM   #6

Very good to know. Thanks. 👍

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
CentILRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 06:00 AM   #7

Got us when trying to get out of blue water key at 0800 on a Saturday morning. Called Newmar tech. Went to voicemail. Left a message. Called north trail where I bought it and a service tech told me the cause. 2 hours into the trip home Newmar service calls back.

Kind of like the power on the tv antenna panel and not being able to get cable. Gets everyone once.

As for being in the manual. What manual?

Southwest Florida
2016 Dutchstar 4369
Old 09-13-2016, 06:27 AM   #8

Freightliner Owners Club
OP wrote: "I have now added check driver's seat position and foot rest position to my checklist."

I didn't bother. No chance at all of missing that alarm!
MD-Keith is offline   Reply With Quote