Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2017, 02:21 PM   #43

Newmar Owners Club
We negotiated a final price without specials with our dealer (NIRVC in Lewisville). One line item of that price was $3555 for PDI so we could have deleted that and opted for FPU instead. We were considering FPU but didn't relish the idea of going to Indiana in February in addition to the time commitment. Ted Jenkins (President of NIRVC) was here and promised us that their PDI is just as good as Newmar's.

We'll see. I'll report when all is done.

Dan
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2017, 04:31 PM   #44

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxg0001 View Post
We negotiated a final price without specials with our dealer (NIRVC in Lewisville). One line item of that price was $3555 for PDI so we could have deleted that and opted for FPU instead. We were considering FPU but didn't relish the idea of going to Indiana in February in addition to the time commitment. Ted Jenkins (President of NIRVC) was here and promised us that their PDI is just as good as Newmar's.

We'll see. I'll report when all is done.

Dan
$3500 For dealer PDI ????

BTW: That is TAD Jenkins not Ted...
Old 10-25-2017, 08:22 PM   #45
JVR

Newmar Owners Club
I was at the factory for multiple repairs that the dealer totally screwed up and happened to be fortunate to witness a couple of coaches that were factory delivered during the 9 days. All I can saw is wow, if I were taking a new coach it would definitely be from the factory, and if I lived close enough I would have the coach service done at the factory and a dealer would never see it. There are plenty of competent shops for the chassis.
JVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 04:21 PM   #46

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartS View Post
$3500 For dealer PDI ????

BTW: That is TAD Jenkins not Ted...
Acually, it is TADD Jenkins

Anyhow, just to make sure there is no misunderstanding, all we cared about was the final price (which included the PDI). From the sound of it we could have done FPU without paying anything extra.
Old 10-31-2017, 01:25 AM   #47

Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxg0001 View Post
Acually, it is TADD Jenkins

Anyhow, just to make sure there is no misunderstanding, all we cared about was the final price (which included the PDI). From the sound of it we could have done FPU without paying anything extra.

Im curious, so if you opted for FPU @ a cost of $4800 your dealer would have just given up $1300 in profit?
Entegra 2025 Cornerstone 45D on order
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 03:30 AM   #48

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart W View Post
Im curious, so if you opted for FPU @ a cost of $4800 your dealer would have just given up $1300 in profit?
The dealer would have given up 3555, no?
FPU goes directly to Newmar.
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 06:14 AM   #49

Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBelanger View Post
The dealer would have given up 3555, no?
FPU goes directly to Newmar.

Bill are you saying that FPU is marked up from 3555? I’ve heard it’s not marked up?
Old 10-31-2017, 09:27 PM   #50

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
I think that final figure is one that dealer comes up with. Our dealer told me there is no retail value on specials given to the dealer by Newmar. Either way, he forwarded the email with his cost to me & I paid dealer cost.

My dealer pulled no punches & I like that way of doing business. Especially after hearing the stories here on the forum.

Stuart S. mentioned to me before we did the FPU that Newmar topped his tank off when he had it 4 corner weighed. As the tech who weighed mine headed to the scales I mentioned what SS told me. He started to say something about how that is not done but I reminded him how could I get an accurate weight if the tanks weren't topped off.

He said that's true and put in about 50 gallons of fuel.

Thanks Stuart!

John
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 09:33 PM   #51

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart W View Post
Bill are you saying that FPU is marked up from 3555? I’ve heard it’s not marked up?
I understood that the OP was saying he was paying his dealer $3555 for PDI. If he opts for factory instead, the dealer would lose that $3555 right?

He either pays his dealer $3555 or Newmar the $4595, not both.
BBelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 10:13 PM   #52

Freightliner Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBelanger View Post
I understood that the OP was saying he was paying his dealer $3555 for PDI. If he opts for factory instead, the dealer would lose that $3555 right?

He either pays his dealer $3555 or Newmar the $4595, not both.

Got it. Thanks for the clarification
Old 10-31-2017, 10:45 PM   #53

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steele View Post
Stuart S. mentioned to me before we did the FPU that Newmar topped his tank off when he had it 4 corner weighed. As the tech who weighed mine headed to the scales I mentioned what SS told me. He started to say something about how that is not done but I reminded him how could I get an accurate weight if the tanks weren't topped off.

He said that's true and put in about 50 gallons of fuel.

Thanks Stuart!

John
John, glad to help...
I assume this all was BEFORE you test ride in the coach? But if it was after the test ride that the 4 corner was done, THEN YOU MADE OUT - lol But, yes the 4 corner should be done with full fuel.

That's correct...
We drove the coach back & forth to camp Newmar from building 42 (across town) on both Monday & Tuesday & back to 42 on Wednesday. Then our tech had the tank topped of Wednesday morning & had the 4 corner done BEFORE our test 1 hour test ride.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:47 AM   #54

We just purchased our MH a week and a half ago.

We paid our negotiated price, tax, title and dealer paperwork.

We spent Friday at the dealer doing the PDI and Friday night there. Saturday was basically another day there trying to get the other things we found wrong fixed. If we had the time available we could have spent as many days as necessary at the dealer doing the PDI.

Our MH is still there getting a punch list fixed. We go back this weekend to verify all was repaired. The dealer was great and the tech assigned to us was fantastic.

We really feel we were treated fairly by them and would recommend them to everyone.

National Indoor RV in Atlanta and our Salesman David Kobos are the best.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:30 AM   #55

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
John, glad to help...
I assume this all was BEFORE you test ride in the coach? But if it was after the test ride that the 4 corner was done, THEN YOU MADE OUT - lol But, yes the 4 corner should be done with full fuel.

That's correct...
We drove the coach back & forth to camp Newmar from building 42 (across town) on both Monday & Tuesday & back to 42 on Wednesday. Then our tech had the tank topped of Wednesday morning & had the 4 corner done BEFORE our test 1 hour test ride.

LOL! After the test drive[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji1][emoji2][emoji3]
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 06:58 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogus View Post
We just purchased our MH a week and a half ago.

We paid our negotiated price, tax, title and dealer paperwork.

We spent Friday at the dealer doing the PDI and Friday night there. Saturday was basically another day there trying to get the other things we found wrong fixed. If we had the time available we could have spent as many days as necessary at the dealer doing the PDI.

Our MH is still there getting a punch list fixed. We go back this weekend to verify all was repaired. The dealer was great and the tech assigned to us was fantastic.

We really feel we were treated fairly by them and would recommend them to everyone.

National Indoor RV in Atlanta and our Salesman David Kobos are the best.
Yes, and your MH is still there without you for over a week. Hope they address everything

Tags
dealer