RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-27-2018, 04:56 PM   #1

Different kind of Oasis ?

Ok so everything seems to be working like normal except I do not have hot water. Turn the unit on in the basement, turn either the ACII switch on and the LED lights up for a while then goes off just like it usually works. Turn on the burner, comes on just like it usually works, burner fires, heats then shuts off.

NO hot water at any tap, I get water flowing, but it's not hot.

Is there some valve that may have closed not allowing water to flow into the system?

I've read the troubleshooting guide and followed some steps thinking the Oasis is not working correctly, but everything checks out like it should. Just NO hot water, not even warm.

The filler cap is warm and so are the two red hoses coming into the top of the unit, but NO hot water.

Campin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-27-2018, 05:34 PM   #2

On the right side of the Oasis is a silver/stainless box. On the top of the silver box is a rocker switch. Flip that switch (its a bypass switch) for hot water. Make sure you turn it off when your finished with the hot water. It sounds like your summer pump has a problem. You can also try running the furnace. If you get hot water w/the furnace running you'll know its the summer punp thats failed. THIS HAPPENED TO US LAST SUMMER...

TRGarringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 07:14 PM   #3

Thanks TR, putting that switch in bypass got me some hot water.

The confusing part to me is the last time my summer loop pump went down, which was only a couple months ago, the red LED on that little panel was on. This time it was green. I also was showing a Zone Fault on the panel inside, this time no Zone Fault.

Also the fuse would blow in the panel outside. This time no blown fuse.

For a system who's only purpose is to provide heat and hot water it sure is complicated.
Old 04-27-2018, 07:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campin Cajun View Post
Thanks TR, putting that switch in bypass got me some hot water.

The confusing part to me is the last time my summer loop pump went down, which was only a couple months ago, the red LED on that little panel was on. This time it was green. I also was showing a Zone Fault on the panel inside, this time no Zone Fault.

Also the fuse would blow in the panel outside. This time no blown fuse.

For a system who's only purpose is to provide heat and hot water it sure is complicated.
Kevin,
I have had all of your symptoms in the past too. The summer loop pump would not run and sometimes it would run. It did fail which resulted in a blown fuse. I ended up replacing the pump after that. There is a check valve on top of the pump that could be stuck. Try tapping on the valve.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:08 PM   #5

Thanks Wayne, I'll give that a try. I sure hope it's not the pump again, I just changed it.

Hmmm, they should make the summer loop pump as good as the other one.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:14 PM   #6

Just updating the thread, ran through my troubleshooting this evening, it's the pump again. Will be calling ITR tomorrow morning to see if they will some way help on the cost of a new pump to replace this one purchased only a month ago.

One of the pumps on the other side it out also. So I only have one out of the three working.
Old 04-30-2018, 09:11 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I just bought a pump for loop 2, blown fuse. First pump failure. I'm going to be on the hunt for a alternate pump. I wonder if it would be possible to combine loop 1 and 2 and just run a larger pump with more gpm flow rate.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Coral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 04:49 PM   #8

Another update, I called ITR and told them that the pump I had just purchased was broken. He first asked me if I purged the new pump after installing it and before I used it. I told him I did let fluid flow through the inlet for a minute before hooking up the outlet hose. He said that's not how to purge it and that's probably why the pump wasn't working. I told him it worked perfectly since I had installed it and that it was now broken. He seemed surprised but then said he would send me a new pump at no cost to me.

He didn't explain to me how else to purge the pump from other than what I did.

Just an FYI to all, there is a 90 day warranty on these pumps. So when you replace one, run it like you stole it to make sure it's good to go.