Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-18-2016, 08:23 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmarpusher View Post
That was the same for me as well. After negotiating the price off MSRP of the normally optioned out unit, we added a few specials which were done at dealer cost.
How did you know what the dealer cost was. Did you just take percentage off the specials listed on the invoice
MrBigFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2016, 07:28 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigFish View Post
How did you know what the dealer cost was. Did you just take percentage off the specials listed on the invoice
Our dealer just sent us the sheet they got from Newmar.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 08:27 AM   #17
Rd1

If you decided to go with custom order (vs pickup from dealer lot), and before finalizing, you might want to consider the factory pickup option. try to include that in your final negotiations. The factory P/U I think was around $3k. This will give you 5 days at newmar where you get to know your coach. and more so, resolve any QC issues for what ever problems the new unit may have from production. It will be worth the trip to the factory.

In the long run, it will save you. Inevitably, the new coach will go to some service center for what ever problems from production. You'll be better of resolving as many of those while at newmar factory right of the bat.
Rd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2016, 07:51 PM   #18

You all are talking the bigger and more expensive DP's. I'm curious if it is common practice to send out a request for bid on the lower end gas models, Bay Star for example.

Thanks
Brad W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 07:14 AM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad W View Post
You all are talking the bigger and more expensive DP's. I'm curious if it is common practice to send out a request for bid on the lower end gas models, Bay Star for example.

Thanks
I don't know if it's common, but why not?
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 07:20 AM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Appalachian Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad W View Post

Thanks
Absolutely. That is what we did to buy our Canyon Star (which costed about the same in 2008 as Bay Stars nowadays). We optioned it the way we wanted, got quotes from dealers across the nation, horse traded some, chose the dealer, then added specials which were sold to us at dealer cost. Process took several months as we were in no hurry.
Luv2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 02:07 PM   #21

Does Newmar do Floorplan swaps?

i.e. would they every do Dutch star floor plan for a Ventana? I'm looking at the Dutch Star 4054, but they don't offer that same floor plan for a Ventana.
ianschneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2016, 02:28 PM   #22

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianschneider View Post
i.e. would they every do Dutch star floor plan for a Ventana? I'm looking at the Dutch Star 4054, but they don't offer that same floor plan for a Ventana.
Ive heard they will alter floor plan as long as it doesn't impact structure (wall/roof strength) or functionality (slides for ex)
Stripe34 is offline   Reply With Quote