RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #1

Dish Network

I have a 2001 Dutch Star. When I bought it 2 yrs ago I had the upper pantry doors removed and a 32" flat screen TV installed. It never occurred to me that I might need to access the back of the TV and the dealership that sold me the coach and installed the TV never mentioned it. I have a portable Winngard satellite and a Dish box but have never used them being content with antenna. I've settled into a nice park for a while in Texas and while the park internet equipment is state of the art the area provider is not. I've decided it's time to activate my Dish account and add satellite internet to the package. The park office tells me I won't be able to access my satellite if I route the cable thru the control box splitter above the drivers seat. Huh? They tell me the cable coming from the Dish box must be hooked directly into the back of the TV and not routed thru the control box. Of course the TV is a tight fit, how they got it in there I'll never know, and I can't access the back. True or false? Can I get satellite from the Dish box via the control box or do I have to bypass the control box and hook directly into the Dish box?

Waggin Wagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-04-2013, 06:03 PM   #2

The in from satellite must go to the receiver. The out to TV must go to TV. From that point you can split. If you have 2 or more receivers you can split off to each from satellite

trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:05 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waggin Wagon View Post
I have a 2001 Dutch Star. When I bought it 2 yrs ago I had the upper pantry doors removed and a 32" flat screen TV installed. It never occurred to me that I might need to access the back of the TV and the dealership that sold me the coach and installed the TV never mentioned it. I have a portable Winngard satellite and a Dish box but have never used them being content with antenna. I've settled into a nice park for a while in Texas and while the park internet equipment is state of the art the area provider is not. I've decided it's time to activate my Dish account and add satellite internet to the package. The park office tells me I won't be able to access my satellite if I route the cable thru the control box splitter above the drivers seat. Huh? They tell me the cable coming from the Dish box must be hooked directly into the back of the TV and not routed thru the control box. Of course the TV is a tight fit, how they got it in there I'll never know, and I can't access the back. True or false? Can I get satellite from the Dish box via the control box or do I have to bypass the control box and hook directly into the Dish box?
For Dish to work you will need to go from the satellite to the Dish receiver and then to your TV. The problem that may come up is where is Dish receiver located and can you get the right cable(s) over to your TV. I am not sure what Dish is offering on their internet services or how it connects. I did not think they were actually providing internet service via their TV satellites. I don't know where in Texas you are but try and find a mobile RV satellite service company to setup your Dish service. Residential Dish guys will not know what to do. You need someone like these folks Sats2Go Mobile Satellite Sales and Service operating in the Houston TX area. Check and see if anyone has an advertizement in the TV park brochure or call other nearby RV parks to see if they know of a local RV satellite guy. Good luck
adonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:10 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have a video control box that all my signals (satellite, antenna, cable, DVD) go thru. The 4 feeds go in and then I select (by push button) what I want on each TV. In short, the satellite TV out does not go directly to my TV's.

I have a control box like this: VCS-10 Magnadyne Video Switching Center 5 input | 3 output

UFO Pilot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #5

If you run a coax from the output of your dish receiver to one of the aux inputs on you switch box it should work. You won't be able to watch in hi def though.

2013 Newmar Ventana 3634
gmpartsvet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dish