Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2019, 07:30 AM   #1

Dish Network Service Address Change

Yes I did a search first but, didn't find what I was looking for.

I remember reading (I think it was here) a while back someone saying they got online and changed their service address w/o support. Is there a way?

I've looked both online and with the android app and I don't see anyway to change the address directly w/o support interaction. Billing yes, service no.

Calling was at best problematic so a few years ago I started using chat and it's fairly simple but being able to do it myself would be my preference.

We're about to take off on a 3 week trip and usually use the OTA adapter plugged into our Hopper 2 and the batwing. However, on this trip at least 2 of our stops (several days each) the batwing doesn't cut it so I'll need to change my service address. I like local news and weather.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-15-2019, 07:49 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
I change my local channels every time we change cities. Here's how:

1. Launch the My Dish app on your phone.
2. Go to the Services menu.
3. Under the Dish Outdoors heading, select Manage Local Channels
4. Select the Manage Local Channels button and follw the instructions.

It usually takes up to 15 minutes for the changes to take effect.

Hope this helps
jayc2640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 07:53 AM   #3

Changing locals with the app is only avalable with the " Dish Outdoors " service plan.

If you have a home plan, they say call them.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 07:55 AM   #4
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
Changing locals with the app is only avalable with the " Dish Outdoors " service plan.

If you have a home plan, they say call them.
This!

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 08:05 AM   #5

Well poop!

We have a home account therefore we still have to go through chat support.

I did look at the app from the first reply and yes it says;
If you a Dish Outdoors Only customer, without Dish service at Home.

Thank You everyone
Old 09-15-2019, 08:15 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I also have a residential account and can't use the app. I use the Dish Chat button to change service address a lot, rather than call them. Works great! More often than not they also change my blling address, too, but it really does not matter, since I am on auto-pay.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 05:54 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by powercat_ras View Post
I also have a residential account and can't use the app. I use the Dish Chat button to change service address a lot, rather than call them. Works great! More often than not they also change my blling address, too, but it really does not matter, since I am on auto-pay.

Haha same thing happens to me
Old 09-16-2019, 08:15 AM   #8

I just tried the chat function and the person I was chatting with said I can not change the service address with a residential account. Chuck
chuckbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 08:24 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckbear View Post
I just tried the chat function and the person I was chatting with said I can not change the service address with a residential account. Chuck
It works for me. I have a residential account. I go to mydish.com and sign in. Then I click the chat button. I just have to type update service address to ... in the chat window. I just got off a 7 month Southeast / Eastern Seaboard Trip and did it over 10 times.

I did have one time that they said the address I gave them was not acceptable and had to give them a slightly different address. I usually just google search for XXX KOA where XXX is the city I want to get the local TV stations for and give them that KOA's address for my service address.

Good luck.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-16-2019, 08:39 AM   #10

So I disconnected that chat session, waited a minute and reconnected again. This time it took only a few minutes and it was done with a different rep. Just an FYI. Chuck
chuckbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 11:01 AM   #11

Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
I travel with my hopper. I use the chat support as they don't "allow" you to move your hopper.
This works well for us.

Good Luck and happy trails
Johninar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 12:28 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninar View Post
I travel with my hopper. I use the chat support as they don't "allow" you to move your hopper.
Who told you this?
TechWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 02:23 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I have also used voice calls to change my service address , and I have a residential account with a Hopper 3. Never had a problem.

The only problem I have ever had was when I tried to change to service address in an area that only has Eastern Arc HD Local Channel Service and the rep would not make the change because they could see that my Western Arc equipment was not a match for the requirements of the local market. That happens if you are on a residential account with HD multi-sat LNBF/Dish and the Hopper HD DVR.

The first time that happened I was in Branson, MO , part of the Springfield MO DMA (Digital Market Area). Springfield MO happens to be one of the Dish local markets that has no HD local channels on the 129 Western Arc Sat.

Since then I have learned to use the information on the jameslong.name web site to see what Spot Beams cover the location where my RV is parked, and what local markets are served by those Spot Beams, then pick a service address that drives Dish to assign me to the local market I want. Since Dish stopped requiring Sat Receivers to be connected to analog phone lines, they no longer try to validate that your Dish is physically where you tell them it is.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-16-2019, 02:37 PM   #14

Local Channels

I tried Dish for one month. I could not get any local channels at three different camp grounds in three different states. Spent way too much time talking with customer service so I just dropped them. So much for having a Dish on top of the RV.

Tags
dish, service