Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2014, 07:39 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
We went through this process about a clothes washer. Got the washer and love it but since we are paper plate users not sure about a dishwasher. To each his own.......the pleasure is in the journey.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2014, 07:49 AM   #16

If I was buying a new coach and had the option I would definitely get a dishwasher.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:05 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark View Post
We bought our coach used and it had a dishwasher. We both thought that we wouldn't use it much. Boy were we wrong. The way I look at it a dishwasher isn't a place to wash the dishes, it's a place to hide them until you wash them.
Ditto for us. We both love having somewhere to hide things.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:16 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Another vote for the dishwasher for us. It was in the motorhome and if we had ordered a new one, we probably would not have ordered one. After using it now for almost 5 years every day and with no problems, we would without a doubt would not have another motorhome without it. I think we use less water with it than if we did the dishes by hand. But that is our opinion only and others will have to make their own decision.
Jerry J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:44 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
I have had a dishwasher in the MH for 5 years, never used it and we store our vitamins and junk food in it. We are talking of taking it out and putting shelves or drawers in it place. I do use the washer and dryer on a regular basis.

jan
1940 ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:02 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
We have one and don't use it. It fact, I stripped the guts out of it and we use it to store pots and pans. There are only two of us and we find it is easier to wash two dishes in the sink each time we eat. I'd rather have more storage, and DW agrees.
What about the stuff you use to cook the food, has to be more than just two dishes.
Kurtsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:17 PM   #21

Entegra Owners Club
Our new coach is coming with the dish washer as standard equipment. We decided if we didn't use it, we could use it for storage and it would also help on resale. After reading several posts regarding DW's many are like they are with washer and dryers....wouldn't have a MH without one and we are the same way. Now that the Dishwasher is in the new coach, we are glad we let it stay.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:09 PM   #22

We elected the storage option and had newmar custom build out a slide top with drawers on a 4369 where the dishwasher would go. As long as she stays with me I am ok. If I get divorced I would definitely put the "automatic" dishwasher back in.
go oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 12:23 PM   #23

Newmar Owners Club
My previous RVs did not have them but my current one does ! If I was to order a new one or look for another used one it would be on the wish list. Nice to eat a steak dinner and not worry about cutting through paper plates ! They are great to store dirty plates and glasses till you have a full load !!
Old 02-25-2014, 06:08 PM   #24

Freightliner Owners Club
Personal choice, of course. Given that I just can't find enough storage, we both would prefer NO dishwasher. As for me, well, I figured I MARRIED the dishwasher.....
slabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:36 PM   #25

Wow, guess we don't understand the storage issue, it's just one small cabinet that is taken over by the dishwasher and it's great place to store dirty dishes between washing. We don't do full time yet so we don't know what that's like firsthand, but it's hard to imagine taking more stuff with us than we do now if we were full time. We actually allocate a fair amount of the interior storage to the fact that there are a couple of college and high school kids who sometimes like to come with us again. Are we not taking enough stuff?? We actually have extra storage space available. If we don't use it, it doesn't make the trip!!

Tags
dish