Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2019, 06:12 PM   #15

Foretravel Owners Club
We will be looking for the adjustable bed 50/50 split Full Queen (60" x 80" residential Deep mattress) sheet sets soon for our coach..
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2019, 08:23 PM   #16

Newmar Owners Club
Found Cal-King set at Marshalls. Then talked to SN store about their mattress pad that is heated, ouch, 200.00, he is supposed to let us know when it's on sale. Then if the CK sheets need help, there are those little things, "as seen on tv" to hold the corners on. The sizes are odd, but GF wanted the king, I wanted the queen, we got the king. My life is considerably happier, if the GF is happier.
Renipladlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 08:46 PM   #17

Congrats!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allentc2 View Post
I have finally actually stepped foot inside my very own Bay Star. LOL Demo is tomorrow, and I expect to head out early Friday morning to the campground in PA.

Do I need to get some sheets and pillow cases?? LOL I saw the blanket on the bed, but seems like there was just the plastic-wrapped mattress underneath.

And if I do need sheets, just standard king-sized ones?
Hey!! Congratulations!!!

We ordered a Bay Star 3226 and it is scheduled to come off the line today! We have been told that the kings in Bay Stars will be fine with standard king sheets. You might want to get a pillow, maybe a pan or two and a plate or something! LOL

We are very happy for you!!!

Enjoy!
Old 04-25-2019, 06:33 AM   #18

Thanks all! I am as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs when it comes to driving this beast! LOL I keep reminding myself that there are thousands driving these things around, but it's not doing a lot of good.

Walked around the coach again, showing it off to a NY ARNG friend of mine. She was impressed! Doesn't look like the dealer has gotten around to prepping it yet though, which sorta aggravates me. I need to be in PA on Friday for the solar.

Went to Walmart this morning to get a cheapo microfiber bedsheet set. According to the tag, it's 78x80, but Newmar and the dealer (who I'm sure probably just looked at the floorplan in the brochure) said the mattress is 72x80. Should be fine for a week or so and I've found some on Amazon that ARE 72x80.

As for the accessories, I've been buying stuff here and there. The dealer already included a sewer hose kit from Camco (and some toilet paper! WOOOHOOO) but I had taken care of that a long time ago....along with a Hughes Autoformer, dedicated hoses for tank cleaning and potable water, pressure regulator, etc. etc.
Old 04-25-2019, 07:21 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allentc2 View Post
Thanks all! I am as nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs when it comes to driving this beast! LOL I keep reminding myself that there are thousands driving these things around, but it's not doing a lot of good.

Walked around the coach again, showing it off to a NY ARNG friend of mine. She was impressed! Doesn't look like the dealer has gotten around to prepping it yet though, which sorta aggravates me. I need to be in PA on Friday for the solar.

Went to Walmart this morning to get a cheapo microfiber bedsheet set. According to the tag, it's 78x80, but Newmar and the dealer (who I'm sure probably just looked at the floorplan in the brochure) said the mattress is 72x80. Should be fine for a week or so and I've found some on Amazon that ARE 72x80.

As for the accessories, I've been buying stuff here and there. The dealer already included a sewer hose kit from Camco (and some toilet paper! WOOOHOOO) but I had taken care of that a long time ago....along with a Hughes Autoformer, dedicated hoses for tank cleaning and potable water, pressure regulator, etc. etc.

I use a Cal King set from Amazon (near perfect fit) that is:
"CAL KING Size Luxury 4pc Bed Sheets Set - 1 Flat Sheet: 112" x 102"; 1 Fully Elasticized Fitted Sheet: 74" x 84" + 16" finished deep pocket to fit mattresses from 9" to 18"; and 2 King Pillowcases: 21" x 40"."
Old 04-29-2019, 10:17 PM   #20

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogus View Post
I have ordered RV sheets for the king size bed in the CS. I also had to break open the sofa bed this past week and it was a really odd size: 52" x 74" (full).

I ordered from AB Lifestyles. They specialize in RV sheets, spreads, and assorted RV linens. I also ordered a mattress pad for the sofa bed.

https://www.ablifestyles.net/

I ordered on a Thursday and got the sheets the next Wednesday. Free shipping. Great sheets; the flat sheets have corners that are elasticized and will hang on to the mattress. Very helpful with the odd sizes.

This is the sheet set I ordered for the king bed and the sofa bed; very comfy and great price:

https://www.ablifestyles.net/road-ready-rv-sheet-set/
Ditto on the ABLifestyles, had ours for 4 years and running.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote