Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Newmar Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-02-2018, 09:27 PM   #1

Does anyone keep a hose mounted to the hot water line in the gen compartment?

I was thinking of adding one of those “coil” hoses with a sprayer nozzle so after I clean the bugs off at the fuel island I can just hose down the windshield instead of trying to use the squeegee that leaves streaks everywhere.

Is is possible to just hook one of these hoses up and leave it in there permanently? If so, what are people using?
Jtrving is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2018, 09:43 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Great idea, following!

John
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 09:48 PM   #3

We have a 18 LA and have had a 25 ft. water hose attached to the hot water line in the front for about 3 months. Haven't used it yet but am sure this summer when traveling and all the bugs we will use it.
tom chelbana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 10:43 PM   #4
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
If you're looking for a good quality coiled hose, here's one.

https://www.waterrightinc.com/collec...ater-hose-coil

They are a little pricey, but well-regarded in the boating world. Note that they have stainless steel fittings.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 04:49 AM   #5

Yes I've had a 15' hose connected and mounted for 18mo / 20K mi and its great for BUG removal. Went to hardware and bought a 2"wide Velcro tool like holder that has a turnbuckle permanently mounted on it.and I drilled a hole and put an "eye bolt" to hook onto, it doesn't sway or bang up against anything. Its the best option along with heated floors that Newmar offers in my book
Old 06-03-2018, 05:45 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtrving View Post
I was thinking of adding one of those “coil” hoses with a sprayer nozzle so after I clean the bugs off at the fuel island I can just hose down the windshield instead of trying to use the squeegee that leaves streaks everywhere.

Is is possible to just hook one of these hoses up and leave it in there permanently? If so, what are people using?
Think I remember reading about some who have Mounted a small Pressure washer in the front of the Coach - Allows you to pressure wash the front and the Windshield. Add a hose reel to the front and you will have it Made....

Just remember to put a drain/shut-off, in the water supply line for winter travel, yes some of us travel when the temps are below freezing.

Or stop by the Dollar Tree and just use windex and a brush

Moral of the story - Keep the Glass Clean.

Best of Luck,

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/what...or-362217.html

Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:07 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Dutch Star Don mounted a pressure washer by the generator. The tread is in the forum somewhere
wishalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:17 AM   #8

For our FW, I replaced the outside faucet spout with a hose connector and hooked up a 50' pocket hose. The hose stays hooked up and will reach all corners of the FW and truck for a quick wash.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pocket Hose.JPG
Views:	62
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	205452  
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:28 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishalls View Post
Dutch Star Don mounted a pressure washer by the generator. The tread is in the forum somewhere
Click on the prior post for link to see Images,

Old 05-25-2019, 03:30 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67vette View Post
Yes I've had a 15' hose connected and mounted for 18mo / 20K mi and its great for BUG removal. Went to hardware and bought a 2"wide Velcro tool like holder that has a turnbuckle permanently mounted on it.and I drilled a hole and put an "eye bolt" to hook onto, it doesn't sway or bang up against anything. Its the best option along with heated floors that Newmar offers in my book

I am trying to figure out a good system for keeping hose mounted to the hot water line in the generator compartment. Can’t quite picture this arrangement with turnbuckles, Velcro and drilled holes. Can you clarify or illustrate?

So far, I’m thinking something far less involved should work in my 2019 MADP. I have a relatively short coiled hose and it looks like it would be safe to just drape the last coil or two over the faucet itself, and tie it down with a Velcro version of a zip tie. Easy on and off at truck stops or rest stops and — at least sitting here in my driveway — it feels pretty secure: as long as that top coil stays attached to faucet, the rest of it can’t go anywhere it shouldn’t.

Trying to attach a photo of my attempt so far. First time using attachment feature, so apologies if it doesn’t work.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Name:	IMG_0581.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	326.2 KB
ID:	247227

2013 Thor Palazzo 36.1
M Bakunin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 05:18 PM   #11

I leave this one hooked up. Works really well. It comes in longer lengths also.
https://www.doitbest.com/products/70...YaAptxEALw_wcB
Old 05-25-2019, 05:25 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Bakunin View Post
I am trying to figure out a good system for keeping hose mounted to the hot water line in the generator compartment. Can’t quite picture this arrangement with turnbuckles, Velcro and drilled holes. Can you clarify or illustrate?

So far, I’m thinking something far less involved should work in my 2019 MADP. I have a relatively short coiled hose and it looks like it would be safe to just drape the last coil or two over the faucet itself, and tie it down with a Velcro version of a zip tie. Easy on and off at truck stops or rest stops and — at least sitting here in my driveway — it feels pretty secure: as long as that top coil stays attached to faucet, the rest of it can’t go anywhere it shouldn’t.

Trying to attach a photo of my attempt so far. First time using attachment feature, so apologies if it doesn’t work.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Attachment 247227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtrving View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busskipper View Post
Think I remember reading about some who have Mounted a small Pressure washer in the front of the Coach - Allows you to pressure wash the front and the Windshield. Add a hose reel to the front and you will have it Made....

Just remember to put a drain/shut-off, in the water supply line for winter travel, yes some of us travel when the temps are below freezing.

Or stop by the Dollar Tree and just use windex and a brush

Moral of the story - Keep the Glass Clean.

Best of Luck,

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/what...or-362217.html

Would a reel work?

Or something like this - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003SERAEE..._t1_B07DN882R4

Old 05-25-2019, 05:39 PM   #13

Alpine Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
I have had one of the expandable hoses hooked in place for two years now. Can’t remember the length but I can easily reach to the back of both sides of the coach when expanded. When shrunk it wraps around the faucet and is held in place by a Velcro strap. It has never come loose while traveling.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	9D7690C3-4D53-4D1C-84DE-B52ED551891D.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	306.9 KB
ID:	247248  
jerry davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 05:43 PM   #14

Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Lowes has these sprayers on sale this weekend for $79. I picked one up and it will be a great addition to the coach. Greenworks 1700-PSI 1.2-GPM Cold Water Electric Pressure Washer.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Greenworks-...her/1000497513
Johninar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water